Um can we talk about how GI2ME was a bonafide hit in Europe

acko

• 2 weeks later...

Just blasted this song on my speakers yesterday, it's an absolute gem off Hard Candy.

I think her best single at any point since , before "Living for Love" arrived.

Edited by ruey

The funny thing is only hitting 58 on the hot 100 in the US It was played quite often on VH1 and I heard it alot in malls and grocery stores! Also I heard on the radio more than a few times here in Pittsburgh,

Give It 2 Me was the best song on Hard Candy and IMO an instant classic Madonna song. It deserved to be the lead single. I fucking HATE, no, it ENRAGES me that fucking Pharrell fucking pretty much reused the beat in god damn Blurred Lines, which was a mega smash, when Madonna did it years before and got zilch.

Well, in the US at least. Which is another topic of frustration for me, because I hate how her success only matters based on US sales and chart positions. It's like a big middle finger to the rest of the world saying you guys don't matter.

Also, my Dad likes it too. And he is pushing 70 something straight male with no interest in Madonna, but delights when he hears this.

1. NRM

2. Frozen

3. ROL

4. DW

5. TPOG

1. The Power of Good-Bye
  2. Frozen
  3. Nothing Really Matters
  4. Drowned World/Substitute for Love
  5. Ray of Light

My problem with the Ray of Light video is that I always get the feel that M's not in the focus. I want beautiful shots of M and Ray of Light just doesn't deliver in that sense. However, it's still genius and a great video and no one can deny that Ray of Light, visually was probaly one the most cohesive and perfectly executed eras of her.