All about the new album. The desperation for news is killing us!

Guest bluejean

I mean take Pat Leonard. Surely her best songwriting colaborator but as a producer he's not really my fave. I know I'll get in trouble for saying this but I prefer the Shep remixes of the LAP songs.

I still haven't decided who my favourite producer is.

I'm loving the Shep stuff at the moment. I used to say William Orbit but I've since decided its the songwriting that makes Ray of Light the greatest album of all time and the production is just icing on the cake.

Agreed!

Guest bluejean

I think the MDNA album proved that because it highlighted the fact that Ray of Light was written at such a defining moment in her life. She'd just had a child and was really starting her "spiritual journey." I mean it actually started with Bedtime Stories. But I think WIlliam Orbit was just a case of finding a producer that could create the sound she wanted. She was going for that sound and he just happened to be the shoe that fit.

But he DID bring in some good songwriting too, and he was responsible for all the guiitars I think. So he was important. People hailed him as the genius behind that able but I think that's a discredit to Madonna who was the main genius there.

We've all come this far. Let's not leave any stone unturned! :)[/quote}

Well I have this feeling that she's not allowing anyone to play anything or just that they are not at liberty to make any decisions about playing anything.

Agreed!

There's just too many.

I liked what Dallas Austin & Mirwais Did for her.

However, I can still listen to William Orbits work over and over again.

Lets just say No to Martin Solveig in the future! He could have taken

"turn up the radio" to whole other level, epic Fail! Shame on him. :)

Edited by JayMac

if madonna doesent change sound with each album she could stick with one or two same producers all the time...WO prooved that he is stucked at same type of sounds by all songs he wrought later with her....i said it already somewhere before but if you listen IAS on MDNA or Amazing on M you can say they could fit on ROL very well....

even BK that i like a lot is underlined by same production style and it is not flattering to have in 2012 same vibes like in 98...maybe for nostalgia but not for getting audience that is born 1998.

it is just my opinion that maybe sucks...but ballad as You ll see cant work today....or hit like Vogue. so i dont understand asking again and again same old producers. she needs fresh and new always. and DIPLO is very good choice even he is already over consumed by mainstream artists. i prefer when she grabs someone from underground scene and brings it to the light.

Shep and Mirwais have been her best producers, IMO. Then, Stuart Price. As much as i like Orbit, some songs are overproduced in ROL, like To Have and Not To Hold.

No, Andre Betts and Bray have been great too.

I wonder... is Solveig the least liked Madonna producer ever? Someone should start a poll.

he's certainly the blandest thing she ever worked with. At least David Foster was on the verge of adult kitsch.

André Betts was incredible

I adore shep 4 personal reasons.

BUT

With Mirwais she came close 2 inventing her own genre within the realm of pop music.

Kinda like Prince did in the 80's.

^ 'almost creating their own genre' is stretching it a bit. By all means I'd agree with you based on their work on Music but that same level of magic can't be found on American Life. Now before the American Lifers beat a path to my door, bear in mind that nothing even comes close to the magic of Music, Impressive Instant, WIFLFAG or DTM. Wouldn't mind hearing them collaborate once more tho.

Christ, even if it is a 2015 release the dates should be announced soon... it is pretty much October now!

Only last week new people were brought in for the album.....so it's still "a working progress".

I think the deadline on it is definely by Christmas....I can see the recording/mixing process taking at least another month....it's brilliant that Madonna doesn't just want Diplo and Avicci "finishing" up the songs....

I think an OFFCIAL announcment might not happen until January, that still leaves 3months until March (the obvious earliest date for a 2015 release) with a lead single still possible for late January.

It's gonna be ALL happening the first quarter of next year, new single, new video, new tour dates, new Madonna!

Would be nice to see the lead single get a Grammy performance if it's released around that time.

That, plus not messing up the roll out on Itunes (like GMAYL)

The grammys seems like the "obvious" choice to premier the new single BUT

Unless she has a guest vocal on it from someone who IS nominated she won't be allowed to perform due to the rules.

I hope she does the Brits.....to lift her profile back up here in the UK.

She wasnt nominated in 2006 yet not only did she perform, she opened the Grammies.

I think it would be stupid for the Grammies to not want her to sing on their ceremony. I think she can still comand alot of attention.

I m not convinced she ll perform though, I m not sure she would want.