What's your least favorite Madonna tour?

madgemusic85

With no hesitation DWT; i barely ever watch the dvd again... Too dark and terrible opening and hairstyle, costumes etc

It was the first time i saw her live though

Close to it is sticky and sweet (except for some parts)

I dont know why people hate on wtg; i agree that it was her one woman show; everything revolved around her with no help/distraction from technological tricks, or dancers or anything.. The musical arrangements were great and the emotion was raw and vivid throughout the show....

Her best tour will remain (forever?!) BAT... Nothing has come close to it yet although i loved (really!!!) the MDNA tour which i found creatively and style-wise extremely interesting (and she never looked better on stage (not since bat or gs); i mean physically she was damn hot)

Edited by heymrdj1

Ranking Time!

(Top 3 are flaw-free)

1) Blond Ambition

2) Girlie

3) Confessions

4) MDNA

5) Re-Invention

6) Virgin

7) Who's That Girl?

8) Drowned World (Too dark, overly conceptual)

9) Sticky & Sweet (The opposite problem, too much of a "normal" concert)

Edited by tek75

S&S. Dreadful money-making exercise, promo tour rehash, dated mash-ups, shit stage, amateur lighting, FAKE "happy madonna" persona while obviously dying inside, despicable and lazy crow vox etc.

Oh and :madgemanson: @ those who don't get WTG or DWT (probably based on whether they like the DVD or not!)

S&S. Dreadful money-making exercise, promo tour rehash, dated mash-ups, shit stage, amateur lighting, FAKE "happy madonna" persona while obviously dying inside, despicable and lazy crow vox etc.

Oh and :madgemanson: @ those who don't get WTG or DWT (probably based on whether they like the DVD or not!)

My opinion, exactly!

Guest SecretGarden

If I had to rank them:

1. Blond Ambition

2. Drowned World

3. Girlie Show

4. MDNA

(the three above are pretty much exchangeable as they're all amazing, BA stays number one though)

5. Who's That Girl Tour

6. Reinvention

7. Confessions (too 'Kylie' for my taste)

8. S&S (Re: everything Kim said)

If I had to rank them:

1. Blond Ambition

2. Drowned World

3. Girlie Show

4. MDNA

(the three above are pretty much exchangeable as they're all amazing, BA stays number one though)

5. Who's That Girl Tour

6. Reinvention

7. Confessions (too 'Kylie' for my taste)

8. S&S (Re: everything Kim said)

Snap! I'd stick MDNA at no.2 right now, but like you say, those 3 are interchangeable.

MDNA. It has some of the best choreography, costumes and staging of her career, no doubt, but it's overshadowed by some of the worst live renditions she's ever done. Only time I've ever really been disappointed in one of the queen's live shows.

WTG and S&S are both amazing, and very similar. They're arguably the most traditional concerts she's done and proof that, even without the theatrics, she is the best live performer of her generation.

MDNA. It has some of the best choreography, costumes and staging of her career, no doubt, but it's overshadowed by some of the worst live renditions she's ever done. Only time I've ever really been disappointed in one of the queen's live shows.

WTG and S&S are both amazing, and very similar. They're arguably the most traditional concerts she's done and proof that, even without the theatrics, she is the best live performer of her generation.

Watch out, I got ripped a new asshole for speaking against the MDNA Tour in the other section, hahhaha. The topic title is even changed right now to defend it. Good Lord, I now know what to say to rile some feathers in this place.

I agree, the show has awesome choreography, costumes and staging, but the actual songs themselves (and the sound) were lackluster to me or just plain awful in parts when I saw it live, and I was hoping those issues were better on DVD, but they weren't. For example, "Girl Gone Wild" is a phenomenal sequence but the sound is terrible!

I do like a bunch of numbers from it still, and try and ignore sound issues in other parts to re-watch, but some numbers are unwatchable.

This was also my BF's first time ever seeing her and we were pretty jazzed up before hand but he did not like it and will never see her again. I have seen her three times and am undecided for the next one, but I usually can't stay away. ;)

Guest Rachelle of London

Watch out, I got ripped a new asshole for speaking against the MDNA Tour in the other section, hahhaha. The topic title is even changed right now to defend it. Good Lord, I now know what to say to rile some feathers in this place.

I agree, the show has awesome choreography, costumes and staging, but the actual songs themselves (and the sound) were lackluster to me or just plain awful in parts when I saw it live, and I was hoping those issues were better on DVD, but they weren't. For example, "Girl Gone Wild" is a phenomenal sequence but the sound is terrible!

I do like a bunch of numbers from it still, and try and ignore sound issues in other parts to re-watch, but some numbers are unwatchable.

This was also my BF's first time ever seeing her and we were pretty jazzed up before hand but he did not like it and will never see her again. I have seen her three times and am undecided for the next one, but I usually can't stay away. ;)

What's your fave tour?

What's your fave tour?

It is hard to pick one because they all have moments that I will watch again and again (yes, even parts of MDNA tour). But the one tour I've probably watched the most is 'Girlie Show' which I know is not perfect (i.e. the stage was a bit bare), but just the sound of it all was great, she seemed to be having a blast, and I liked how she performed the songs. Plus the 'Erotica' era was my fave.

Guest Rachelle of London

It is hard to pick one because they all have moments that I will watch again and again (yes, even parts of MDNA tour). But the one tour I've probably watched the most is 'Girlie Show' which I know is not perfect (i.e. the stage was a bit bare), but just the sound of it all was great, she seemed to be having a blast, and I liked how she performed the songs. Plus the 'Erotica' era was my fave.

TGS is my fave too! Perfection from start to finish.

I think the Drowned World Tour had the worst setlist. (I love Music and Ray of Light but she left out way too many of the really good songs: "Skin", "Swim", "Amazing", "Nothing Really Matters", "The Power of Good-Bye" to name a few...)

Other than that I think the stage design, the overall concept and the choreography are mind blowing!

I don't know why but I never really found the Who's That Girl Tour much intriguing. I think it's a bit uninspired and tacky, especially in terms of costumes. The setlist is pretty good, though.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I don't really know which one is my least favorite but I guess it would be the Virgin tour since it's shorter and has (necessarily) a less diverse set of songs. My favorite is TGS though, I love everything about it (except Erotica...). I must have watched it a million times as a kid.

It's S&S. No part motivates me to watch it again. The most exciting moment was in Devil, but live! Then after, comes Re-Invention. Holiday was a tragedy and the costumes didn't help.