Theory: MDNA is this decade's DWT, therefore next tour will be like Reinvention

Apples388

Call me whatever you want, but I love all the tours. And why? Because they're all so different. That's what makes Madonna so different from all the rest. It's not just a different setlist, new stage, etc... it's an all new world she creates each time out. That's why it feels so odd trying to compare them, because they're all so different in style and tone and character. And that's why I never get bored with this woman.

As for shows like S&ST, RIT, WTGT and TVT, they're so different than others because they're more so straightforward concert experiences...while the others are more linear theatrical pieces. It makes sense that the first two tours started out as such, but I'm glad that after BAT, she's fit in some tours that have that looser, colorful, straightforward concert vibe to offset the majority of the other tours. If people want to consider parts of them not as artistically strong as the others, I suppose that's fine...but to me, it's nice to have the variety in show styles every so often...and I hope she does another in the future. I personally think RIT was a good blend of both styles.

To me, RIT follows the same pattern of all her tours post-virgin.

WTG- light

BA- dark

GS- light

DWT- brilliantly DARK

RIT- light

CT-dark

S&S- dayLight

MDNA- dark.

They always go from light and hit-filled, to dark and a bit self indulgent. I personally prefer the dark and self indulgent.

One thing I've never been is bored at a Madonna concert, nor have i ever NOT been surprised (this includes seeing LIB and ROL in all their Confessions Tour glory repeated and reduced on the Sticky And Sweet Tour.) and with every tour and album its the same ol' argument about setlists and overlooked gems like True Blue and Gambler. I have no doubt she'd make them work live, but then there'd be the crowd shouting that it sucked and she's trying to "win back" an imaginary shrinking audience.

Bitch ain't ever gonna win.

So, like any bitch, she does what she wants. Thats why i will always pay the price of admission to see her. And that's why i will always love her.

S&S- dayLight

Good boy!

Thats why i will always pay the price of admission to see her. And that's why i will always love her.

But of course! Even Madonna not at her very best, shits on most others at the top of their game.

:lmao: @ this thread.

For someone proclaiming "WHO CARES" Kim sure has a lot to say on this topic

Jeanie, maybe I decided I cared more than I thought, maybe I was bored, maybe I wanted my voice heard, maybe I like winding people up, maybe, maybe, maybe...

Thanks for caring & sharing though! xxx

Kim likes to pretend he's mean and all that but actually when we're in bed and he's making love to me he says all the nicest and sweetest things to me as he is penetrating me. I always thought he'd be calling me his bottom slut whore, but actually most of the time he's always very tender, especially when he's about to shoot his cum up my arsehole. He makes sure he's kissing me passionately as he does that and tells me the loveliest things afterwards as we lay in bed together while he's stroking my back, ass and thighs.

Kim likes to pretend he's mean and all that but actually when we're in bed and he's making love to me he says all the nicest and sweetest things to me as he is penetrating me. I always thought he'd be calling me his bottom slut whore, but actually most of the time he's always very tender, especially when he's about to shoot his cum up my arsehole. He makes sure he's kissing me passionately as he does that and tells me the loveliest things afterwards as we lay in bed together while he's stroking my back, ass and thighs.

*speechless* :rotfl:

I certainly hope you, er, cleaned yourself up properly after typing that, Suede!

How? Where? When?

...and let's not forget that Swim was originally in place of Frozen and Dress you Up in place of Material Girl before Jamie Queen used whatever bizarre influence he had over Madonna to persuade her to switch out those songs...so again, it was hardly conceived as a GH tour.

Jamie Queen was also responsible for the ONLY lamentable part of RIT - replacing Peter Morse with a third rate lighting designer (to suit his own weak aesthetic)

Didn't he come up with the stage design from something he made out of a Gucci shoe box? :chuckle:

Based on what? A semi-bootlegged Lisbon youtube upload? Criticism is one thing, but to label ANY Madonna tour boring (even her alltime nadir of S&S) is just WRONG. The real end.

Come on babe, it was underdeveloped. You can tell that ideas and themes weren't brought to full fruition. And it's a shame. As there are performances that I really love from that tour, but compared to others, it just doesn't live up to it's supposed greatness.

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-vogue-live.gif

Guest bluejean

Oh. You too?

Come on babe, it was underdeveloped. You can tell that ideas and themes weren't brought to full fruition. And it's a shame. As there are performances that I really love from that tour, but compared to others, it just doesn't live up to it's supposed greatness.

Perhaps, but as I keep saying, I'm judging it as a concert experience, from a third, fifth and seventh row seat. Madonna eye contact, hot dancer eye contact, genuine smiles and warmth, a London audience actually acting like they're at a concert for once, huge audible roars from left of the arena as she steps to the left, huge roars as she steps to the right. The whole week is implanted in my brain more than any other M London experience (Manchester surprisingly being the worst of the lot with even Madonna hilariously rolling her eyes at several points) See, Madonna doesn't need themes, bells and whistles, Peter Morse lighting (and certainly not a dumb catwalk that descends from the roof for two songs) it just needs her on her game, and those incredible songs.

Also, her first screen technology based tour was always gonna be problematic and date more than any other, because that technology moves so fast (which is why a better RIT lighting designer was needed to balance it out) But anyway, the perfect merging of the two was obtained brilliantly with MDNA.

Oh. You too?

Glad you enjoyed! But leave me a bigger tip next time, yeah?

Guest bluejean

Glad you enjoyed! But leave me a bigger tip next time, yeah?

Well I had to do SOMETHING with that 100 pound Kylie Golden Circle ticket, didn't I? Glad you enjoyed!

Well I had to do SOMETHING with that 100 pound Kylie Golden Circle ticket, didn't I? Glad you enjoyed!

It certainly came in handy. Try n keep your loo well-stocked with toilet tissue in future, ok?

Guest bluejean

Now now, I know you went to that show with a glittery 'K' painted on your cheek. XXS sent me the pics of you guys mincing around front row centre. You look good in a feather boa.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the ultra modern sound and eclectic collaborators she's apparently going for this time around, I highly doubt we'll have some throwback GH type show next year. An extension of the MDNA sensibility will do me just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

She should really take Mariah's latest tour as a pattern and run with it. All hits performed at least 5 times already with a couple of half-arsed performances of her current album tracks. All album versions too, we don't want her precious casual fans to get confused, right? I mean, nothing makes me happier than seeing random people that bought her tickets just cause they used to slut it up to Like A Virgin back in the day get their lives to, well, Like A Virgin, not until unnecessary artsy fartsy crap like Paradise (Not For The Casual Fans) lets them have some bathroom break time, Janet Jackson stylee. I hope she wears a wedding dress too.

But yeah, she's totally not a legacy artist.

She should really take Mariah's latest tour as a pattern and run with it. All hits performed at least 5 times already with a couple of half-arsed performances of her current album tracks. All album versions too, we don't want her precious casual fans to get confused, right? I mean, nothing makes me happier than seeing random people that bought her tickets just cause they used to slut it up to Like A Virgin back in the day get their lives to, well, Like A Virgin, not until unnecessary artsy fartsy crap like Paradise (Not For The Casual Fans) lets them have some bathroom break time, Janet Jackson stylee. I hope she wears a wedding dress too.

But yeah, she's totally not a legacy artist.

I would be so disappointed if the next tour had so many greatest hits with a few album tracks thrown in.

Even with the many understandable complaints about the MDNA DVD, the tour really felt like one of M best tours ever! I admire how she refuses to fill the show with past hits, but her audiences did seem to become frustrated with the lack of recognizable songs during MDNA.

I have always said Madonna could have the highest grossing tour ever if she actually done a greatest hits tour with the right marketing. People would come who have never seen her before and she would fill stadiums the world over. But none of your rock versions of Hung Up, a proper greatest hits!

I was convinced when the title of MDNA was released for the first time that She would have a hits galore tour with some new material from the album in between and it would easily become the Billion Dollar Tour...The entire theme and concept of MDNA album is the essence of M (this would and should have been the time if ever), Alpha and Omega...BUT...I'm learning more and more that Her Holy Queen is not very nostalgic and I doubt She'll start being so anytime soon!!!

The only time I can imagine Madonna being nostalgic and doing a greatest hits tour is IF Her career status flops to the level of the wannabe fallen and can't get up toucan...IMHO ;-.)

I was convinced when the title of MDNA was released for the first time that She would have a hits galore tour with some new material from the album in between and it would easily become the Billion Dollar Tour...The entire theme and concept of MDNA album is the essence of M (this would and should have been the time if ever), Alpha and Omega...BUT...I'm learning more and more that Her Holy Queen is not very nostalgic and I doubt She'll start being so anytime soon!!!

The only time I can imagine Madonna being nostalgic and doing a greatest hits tour is IF Her career status flops to the level of the wannabe fallen and can't get up toucan...IMHO ;-.)

She's clever enough not to do a GH show as part of this current LN deal, so that the big bucks can still come rolling in later down the line..When that $$$ Billion dollar payday offer of an official 'Greatest Hits Tour' comes a'knockin when she's 60 or so, nostalgia, or even "career status" (as what? the fallen Queen of Pop? The Queen title will stay with her till she carks it and beyond!) will play very little part in it I imagine.