runaway lover

i deserve it

amazing

nobody's perfect

don't tell me

what it feels like for a girl

paradise (not for me)

gone

The tracklist alone brings back a flood of memories. Every song defines certain moments of a very happy time in my life. It was ever-present for me that autumn. No matter what memory comes to mind, I can hear this album playing in the background. I hope we can once again experience another hit like "Music". It was everywhere.

This album had it all... #1 single, insanely amazing videos, killer dance mixes... and I just adored the cowgirl theme. It was perfect and I remember being so amazed by all the girls I saw wearing cowboy hats because of her. Always a trendsetter.

Madonna_music.jpg

comp3.jpg

Just Googling the images for this post has been a wonderful trip down memory lane.

I remember the Warner Bros site having such an impressively interactive page for this album, where they had the instrumentals of title track broken into individual components, and you could isolate them to make your own remix. I played with that for hours. I wish I could see it again...

Anyway, appreciate this masterpiece and era! 14 years already!!!

It was an amazing album. She was every where. And it was the launch of her bigger presence on the internet. I loved all those promotional sites, madonnamusic.com even won an award. My second favorite album. I always wanted runaway lover as a single :lol:

Happy Birthday to her best album imo :wow: :wow: :wow:

I can't get enough of this musical perfection, every single song is a hit to me :dramatic:

If i had to move on some isolated place and could only take one Madonna album with me it'd definitively be Music.

madonnamusic.com! That was it!! Thanks to the web archive I can now see it again in all its glory. Thanks, Whoop!

http://web.archive.org/web/20001017152613/http://www.madonnamusic.com/a_f.htm

Firstborn media

They created the site

They have it in their portfolio

Including the music mixer

Its all on their site

What a great album! Probably the only Madonna album I can listen to without having to skip any of the songs. It really doesn't get boring and eventhough there are quite a few tracks I don't like that much I listen to them all the way through, because they add some edge to this album!

I think it perfectly manages to stay a cohesive record while including songs that belong to two very different genres. FUCKING FABULOUS!

Anyway here's a single cover for a double A-Side single release of "Impressive Instant / Amazing" I made. I hope you like it! :) (Note: It's not a perfect square because printed single covers are not a perfect square either.)

Impressive31c2.jpg

Edited by JimmyJimmy

Firstborn media

They created the site

They have it in their portfolio

Including the music mixer

Its all on their site

OMG...the Music Mixer is still there!!! Wow, I just totally flashed back to 2000....awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this!

What a great album! Probably the only Madonna album I can listen to without having to skip any of the songs. It really doesn't get boring and eventhough there are quite a few tracks I don't like that much I listen to them all the way through, because they add some edge to this album!

I think it perfectly manages to stay a cohesive record while including songs that belong to two very different genres. FUCKING FABULOUS!

Anyway here's a single cover for a double A-Side single release of "Impressive Instant / Amazing" I made. I hope you like it! :) (Note: It's not a perfect square because printed single covers are not a perfect square either.)

Impressive31c2.jpg

Instantly impressive!

picard_clapping.gif

So many memories attached to this album. I worked until midnight at this time and somehow my friend (a fellow M loon that worked with me) and I convinced our supervisor that it was absolutely MANDATORY that we leave at 11:40-11:45 so we could be at Tower Records by midnight to pick up the album. This was a queer emergency!! lol Once I made it to Tower, I ended up seeing the first guy I ever hooked up with (less than a year prior) and he promptly ignored me....lol. This was my "coming out" period and that was my first taste at how the fags worked haha......the shade! I learned so much during this time. Music reminds me of my first times at a gay club, DTM reminds me of the first guy I actually had real feelings for, WIFLFAG takes me back to slutting it up in the clubs in Summer '01, II takes me back to MSG for my first EVER Madonna show and first time in NYC......getting way off track here, but this album is special to me.

How exciting was it to see real choreography again in one of her videos (DTM)?? And the anticipation of seeing her live again....waiting for those Brixton/Roseland pics/clips to leak. I can remember being so ecstatic when Holiday from Brixton leaked because I was so curious to see how her "new voice" would sound singing the old songs. Great era......although it always pissed me off that they cut it short RIGHT AS the tour was kicking off. I understand there was a bit of conflict over II/Amazing, why couldn't they have just released BOTH?? Lol The album was already a major hit, so what if one of those didn't become a major hit?? Just a missed opportunity, officially having II released as DWT was kicking off would've been divine!

So many memories attached to this album. I worked until midnight at this time and somehow my friend (a fellow M loon that worked with me) and I convinced our supervisor that it was absolutely MANDATORY that we leave at 11:40-11:45 so we could be at Tower Records by midnight to pick up the album. This was a queer emergency!! lol Once I made it to Tower, I ended up seeing the first guy I ever hooked up with (less than a year prior) and he promptly ignored me....lol. This was my "coming out" period and that was my first taste at how the fags worked haha......the shade! I learned so much during this time. Music reminds me of my first times at a gay club, DTM reminds me of the first guy I actually had real feelings for, WIFLFAG takes me back to slutting it up in the clubs in Summer '01, II takes me back to MSG for my first EVER Madonna show and first time in NYC......getting way off track here, but this album is special to me.

How exciting was it to see real choreography again in one of her videos (DTM)?? And the anticipation of seeing her live again....waiting for those Brixton/Roseland pics/clips to leak. I can remember being so ecstatic when Holiday from Brixton leaked because I was so curious to see how her "new voice" would sound singing the old songs. Great era......although it always pissed me off that they cut it short RIGHT AS the tour was kicking off. I understand there was a bit of conflict over II/Amazing, why couldn't they have just released BOTH?? Lol The album was already a major hit, so what if one of those didn't become a major hit?? Just a missed opportunity, officially having II released as DWT was kicking off would've been divine!

Love this post. I have a lot of similar feelings about this album. It was a time when I finally came into my own, so to speak, accepting my sexuality and being surrounded by friends who supported and loved me for it. Big clubbing time, I can remember dancing my ass off to the DTM mixes. Fantastic memories. This album will forever remind me of wonderful time in my life.

Love this post. I have a lot of similar feelings about this album. It was a time when I finally came into my own, so to speak, accepting my sexuality and being surrounded by friends who supported and loved me for it. Big clubbing time, I can remember dancing my ass off to the DTM mixes. Fantastic memories. This album will forever remind me of wonderful time in my life.

Love it! This was a magical time to be a fan.

This album was the first to leak on the internet, and one by one surfaced... I remember how the DTM strange beginning caused reactions on people, Nobody's Perfect being so acclaimed and some thought it would be a single; how the nightclubs were playing Music intensively! The first DVD single...

When I heard the first version of Paradise (not for me) it was outstanding ! It reminded me the surprise of when I first listened to Bedtime Story !

This album is top five!