Rolling Stone: 100 Best Singles of 1984

HolidayGuy

:lmao: This is too hilarious. Sorry bitch but hating "Like a Virgin" and calling it "one of her worst songs" surely doesn't live up to your username at all. Perhaps you're too new of a fan to understand her '80s magic. I have no intention to be a patronizing cunt but God. I can't. :lol:

Ok... Thanks for respecting my opinion, i appreciate it very much :mellow:

Being obligated to like Like a Virgin is ridiculous. As i said, to each his own.

Agree totally. Perfect pop song. Madonna's vocals on it were so sweet and yearning and she completely nailed the emotion behind the lyrics. It is such a sad song as well as a love song. Most other singers would have either over-sang it or not put enough emotion in it. To top it all off, the video had so many wonderful Madonna moments and some of her early iconic looks.

YES!! I love how you say it's a sad song and love song.....so true and Madonnas vocal on this song conveys that perfectly! Perfect example of Madonnas personality selling the song despite her "limited" (as some say) range. I also cannot imagine someone like say Stephanie Mills singing it (I use her as an example because of her connection with Reggie) as effectively. Perfect pop song, perfect video.....to me one of the best pop songs of all time.

YES!! I love how you say it's a sad song and love song.....so true and Madonnas vocal on this song conveys that perfectly! Perfect example of Madonnas personality selling the song despite her "limited" (as some say) range. I also cannot imagine someone like say Stephanie Mills singing it (I use her as an example because of her connection with Reggie) as effectively. Perfect pop song, perfect video.....to me one of the best pop songs of all time.

:clap: :clap:

Always have a soft spot for Borderline. The video for it was the first time I ever laid eyes on Madonna. I was just a little kid but I remember it clearly and I was HOOKED. First song of hers that I really "knew."