New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

That makes no sense. She had 16 songs on MDNA and released only 3 singles, which seems to be the usual number of singles for most acts nowadays before they move on to the next project. The new album can be a double album with 18 songs (9 on each CD) and she could still release only 3 singles. I don't see the connection.

I have to disagree with "3 singles" being the usual for most acts before they move on nowerdays.

Especially in the "pop world" which Madonna, although a pop legend STILL moves within.

Katy Perry, Gaga, Beyonce, Swift, Spears, Adelle, Rhianna, Del Ray....

There JUST the females, but all release on average 4-5 singles to promote there albums....jut because Madonna has stopped doing this doesn't meen that it's not the "norm" anymore.

I have to disagree with "3 singles" being the usual for most acts before they move on nowerdays.

Especially in the "pop world" which Madonna, although a pop legend STILL moves within.

Katy Perry, Gaga, Beyonce, Swift, Spears, Adelle, Rhianna, Del Ray....

There JUST the females, but all release on average 4-5 singles to promote there albums....jut because Madonna has stopped doing this doesn't meen that it's not the "norm" anymore.

Get your facts straight and check how many singles Gaga, Britney, Justin or some other acts release nowadays. I'm not talking promo singles with stupid lyric videos either.

Get your facts straight and check how many singles Gaga, Britney, Justin or some other acts release nowadays. I'm not talking promo singles with stupid lyric videos either.

Promo singles are a big part of promotion nowerdays though.

Madonna is most definetly short on her single releases compared to her contemporaries.

It's NOT a criticism of her, but its true!

Compared to other pop stars.....to whom she sits alongside (legendary status or not) she realy only focusses on her "lead single" when she releases an album, other artists spend a whole year promoting singles!

I don't want a double-album because we'd probably only get to hear 50% of them on tour OR she'll perform the majority of them and just add the usual oldies (Holiday, LAP, LAV, Vogue, HN, HU, CS) and leaves no room for some "forgotten" songs.

I also think that with a double album there's higher chances of fillers to make the cut (see Superstar, B-Day Song, GMAYL).

Edited by JimmyJimmy

Whatever, let's not start the promotion discussion AGAIN.

I wasn't I was merely responding to your suggestion that it's the "norm" for pop stars now to just release 3singles, when it isn't its just now Madonnas "norm".

I don't want a double-album because we'd probably only get to hear 50% of them on tour OR she'll perform the majority of them and just add the usual oldies (Holiday, LAP, LAV, Vogue, HN, HU, CS) and leaves no room for some "forgotten" songs.

I also think that with a double album there's higher chances of fillers to make the cut (see Superstar, B-Day Song, GMAYL).

I agree.

I would rather she create a really worthwhile special edition with more songs than a double album.

The MDNA special seemed pointless....too short for one thing....and it just felt like a selling ploy rather than a genuine special edition.

I wasn't I was merely responding to your suggestion that it's the "norm" for pop stars now to just release 3singles, when it isn't its just now Madonnas "norm".

Well...most artists are flopping after 3 singles nowadays which is really sad. I prefer releasing as many singles of an album as possible. I think most artists are being pressured by their lables to move onto the next album much faster than they did a few years ago. It all results in rushed and often trashy pop records with 4 singles and lots of fillers.

I can confirm that she will release an album for every season, so we will get four albums in total, which will be released in a box set in december 2015. The set will be called "Bitch 4 all seasons".

EXCLUSIVE: cover art by Olga

848964625_1443803.gif

It all makes sense now, because she posted 12 pillows = 12 months

#ICONIC

Where and when did I say that it's the norm? Stop twisting my words

Where and when did I say that it's the norm? Stop twisting my words

You said "which seems to be the normal amount of singles before an artist moves on on something else"....in relation to 3singles.

I paraphrased saying the "norm" that was all.

👄👄💋💋

I agree.

I would rather she create a really worthwhile special edition with more songs than a double album.

The MDNA special seemed pointless....too short for one thing....and it just felt like a selling ploy rather than a genuine special edition.

EXACTLY! I also think that Beautiful Killer and Best Friend were way too good to be "only" bonus tracks, while Superstar and GMAYL were made to be bonus tracks (in my opinion of cousre). The latter one could've easily been released as a buzz single/non-album track for the Superbowl only.

oh god no no and no!

she needs to surprise release the FIRST album with two lead singles & videos

then in december release the SECOND album with another two lead singles & videos

this leaves room for next year 2015 to release two deluxe versions with brand new songs.

blah, done, fire her manger hire me.

oh god no no and no!

she needs to surprise release the FIRST album with two lead singles & videos

then in december release the SECOND album with another two lead singles & videos

this leaves room for next year 2015 to release two deluxe versions with brand new songs.

blah, done, fire her manger hire me.

Sounds just as messy as the 20/20 Experience.

I'd say:

1. Pick the BEST 12-15 (most well-written, mature and well-produced songs) and make a kick-ass album NO MORE FILLERS!
  2. Shoot the album cover and include fucking song lyrics, again!
  3. Release the strongest and fresh-sounding track (not necesarilly the most radio-friendly one) as the lead single and shoot a great video that matches the theme of the album. (No more wall-humping or white room videos, please)
  4. Release the album with a REAL Deluxe Edition (extra packaging and all that fancy stuff) with two or three bonus tracks, remixes of the first single or alternate versions of one song (ex.: Love Spent - Acoustic Version) as iTunes exclusive bonus track.

Madonna is most definetly short on her single releases compared to her contemporaries.

Compared to other pop stars.....to whom she sits alongside (legendary status or not) she realy only focusses on her "lead single" when she releases an album, other artists spend a whole year promoting singles!

Do you work in promotion ?

I'd say:

• Pick the BEST 12-15 (most well-written, mature and well-produced songs) and make a kick-ass album NO MORE FILLERS!
  • Shoot the album cover and include fucking song lyrics, again!
  • Release the strongest and fresh-sounding track (not necesarilly the most radio-friendly one) as the lead single and shoot a great video that matches the theme of the album. (No more wall-humping or white room videos, please)
  • Release the album with a REAL Deluxe Edition (extra packaging and all that fancy stuff) with two or three bonus tracks, remixes of the first single or alternate versions of one song (ex.: Love Spent - Acoustic Version) as iTunes exclusive bonus track.

:thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

Yes but that's because the 2nd and 3rd singles don't do very well. There's no point releasing more singles if the singles before it haven't done much. Those other artists you speak of (Katy Perry) are following up songs that have charted well or at least charted at all.

I'd say:

1. Pick the BEST 12-15 (most well-written, mature and well-produced songs) and make a kick-ass album NO MORE FILLERS!
  2. Shoot the album cover and include fucking song lyrics, again!
  3. Release the strongest and fresh-sounding track (not necesarilly the most radio-friendly one) as the lead single and shoot a great video that matches the theme of the album. (No more wall-humping or white room videos, please)
  4. Release the album with a REAL Deluxe Edition (extra packaging and all that fancy stuff) with two or three bonus tracks, remixes of the first single or alternate versions of one song (ex.: Love Spent - Acoustic Version) as iTunes exclusive bonus track.

How about fuck no.

I'm here for every song she's managed to come up with on a double album. Or just one album.

Idc what the packaging or cover is, I just want the music. And I want a lot of it. Shame on anyone for saying they don't want all the songs just because of this "filler" concept.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree I don't care if I get filler or not. A lot of people dislike the bonus tracks on MDNA but I personally love them. It's all personal taste at the end of the day. The more M songs the better.

I agree I don't care if I get filler or not. A lot of people dislike the bonus tracks on MDNA but I personally love them. It's all personal taste at the end of the day. The more M songs the better.

I agree...the more songs,the better! On MDNA,I love "Best Friend" and "Beautiful Killer",and I think the other two bonus tracks were decent.I have no problem with getting a massive amount of new Madonna tunes to enjoy :) Bring it on! I want a 40-track double album!!

Yes, the more music the better. Madonna is not in the habit of releasing music that she does not like or approve of. The expression of 'One man's meat is another man's poison" is true when it comes to what people consider filler anyone. If certain songs don't appeal, just skip or fast forward and enjoy the one's you love.