New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

It depends on what stage she just completed. Did she complete recording where the album goes into mastering/post-production, or did she complete overseeing the final mastering? I think she just completed her end as the recording artist and it will now go into the hands of the producers and engineers to finalize the work.

So you're saying if the album is yet to be mastered, then a fall release remains unlikely?

I don't get it though. We still have 2 full months, wouldn't that be enough time left for the album getting mastered and ready for release?

Rihanna's Unapologetic album came out in mid November 2012 and AFAIK they were still recording up until 2 weeks before the release!

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a5 ... AF1cpbGCkn

Madonna track sounds wicked, says MNEK

MNEK has described Madonna's new material as "wicked".

The British singer-songwriter has been in the studio with the US icon to work on a track for her forthcoming new album, which is due out in 2015.

"I almost get quite scared talking about it," MNEK told Digital Spy at the MOBO Awards launch. "It's happened, obviously. I did meet Madonna and I did work with her.

"It was great and amazing. The song sounds wicked - I'm really proud of it. Diplo's dope, Madonna's dope, her people are great and that side of things is working out great."

Yes, there's still time to release the album before the end of the year, but I'm guessing if that happens it would be a surprise or some kind of non-traditional release. Otherwise we're looking at spring.

I do wonder if it is indeed a double album if it will be a two-disc thing or two separate albums. And will there be two singles/videos too? Similar to what Beyonce did with her double album?

This is going to be fucking amazing. Everyone working on the album seems so excited and happy with the outcome, and judging by all the pictures that have been uploaded by Madonna and everyone else, it seems like they not only bonded, but are having a blast, which will reflect in the music.

Madonna is pushing 60 and has already conquered the world. Everyone take a chill pill and just let her have fun! And enjoy this moment because let's face it, she's not going to be around for much longer. She seems so happy and into this project and I'm fucking happy for her! Vogue, Music, Ray of Light (maybe), Hung Up, Celebration, and others are all songs without a serious message that are just about having fun and they're all some of her greatest songs ever.

Also, the first time Madonna did the Ghetto Fabulous was with Music and it was fucking amazing! Stop doubting the queen just because last album she got a little distracted!

I was thinking about her winning the Golden Globe over Elton and a thought occurred to me.

She followed Evita (Golden Globe win) with Ray of Light.

She is now set to follow up W/E (Golden Globe win) with a new record.

Both film ventures could be argued were failures for her (even though I don't think that's true) and she followed the first with a masterpiece so the stars are aligned ^_^!

-MDNA doesn't count as a follow up to W/E because they were done at the same time roughly.

Madonna is pushing 60 and has already conquered the world. Everyone take a chill pill and just let her have fun! And enjoy this moment because let's face it, she's not going to be around for much longer. She seems so happy and into this project and I'm fucking happy for her! Vogue, Music, Ray of Light (maybe), Hung Up, Celebration, and others are all songs without a serious message that are just about having fun and they're all some of her greatest songs ever.

I agree with everything you have to say except this. I just can't imagine her ever retiring or stopping as long as she's fit and healthy. She'll probably still be around recording new music and touring into her 70s and beyond.

This is going to be fucking amazing. Everyone working on the album seems so excited and happy with the outcome, and judging by all the pictures that have been uploaded by Madonna and everyone else, it seems like they not only bonded, but are having a blast, which will reflect in the music.

Also, the first time Madonna did the Ghetto Fabulous was with Music and it was fucking amazing! Stop doubting the queen just because last album she got a little distracted!

She's 56, not 90. Madonna could live for another 30 or 40 years. Don't start the death watch for her just yet.;)

She's 56, not 90. Madonna could live for another 30 or 40 years. Don't start the death watch for her just yet. ;)

Exactly. Madonna will be working until the day she dies...I would bet everything I own on this.

I agree with everything you have to say except this. I just can't imagine her ever retiring or stopping as long as she's fit and healthy. She'll probably still be around recording new music and touring into her 70s and beyond.

Agreed....she herself said she plans to be like Martha Graham and doing contractions on stage in her 90s.....Madonna is a workoholic...she isn't gonna go grow some tomato garden....she still has far too much drive, inspiration and purpose. Unless she is taken from the earth too soon, she will be around for decades to come.

She's 56, not 90. Madonna could live for another 30 or 40 years. Don't start the death watch for her just yet. ;)

It's not about DEATH. In 20 years she's going to be pushing 80. Do you guys think she's going to have the energy to be doing flips in the air, flying around the world for endless interviews and TV performances, working endless hours on tours and albums? She's not going to retire, obviously, but you guys are foolish to think she's going to be the same Madonna 10, 20, 30 years from now.

:thumbsup: :hail:

It's not about DEATH. In 20 years she's going to be pushing 80. Do you guys think she's going to have the energy to be doing flips in the air, flying around the world for endless interviews and TV performances, working endless hours on tours and albums? She's not going to retire, obviously, but you guys are foolish to think she's going to be the same Madonna 10, 20, 30 years from now.

Um, yeah. Just look at Barbara Walters and Joan Rivers - they kept working super hard into their 80s. Madonna's that type of person so if anyone is still going to be that active at that age it's going to be her.

Let's not forget IF SHE DID WHAT I ALWAYS WISHED, she could do a ballads heavy tour (since she's held back on so many) and depend less on the performance (dancing wise) and sing...also she can incorporate guitar and/or have plenty of dancing and technological tricks to engage the audience. Knowing her, she will always have some kind of dancing on her part but it will be less, naturally and very strategically done so it doesn't look like she's song less.

I dont think we need to worry about her being in 80's just yet. :lol: BUT when she is...It will still be as interesting to me.

Hell yes! And I'll be here in the forum at 40 something trying to make everyone calm the fuck down when she doesn't meet whatever expectations they will have by then! :lmao:

In a new short interview today with MNEK, who has worked with a Diplo and Madonna on a new song for the album, has said....

- the album needs more SINLGES

-the album will be released summer next year

Here's the article

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a598667/madonna-track-sounds-wicked-says-mnek.html

He's talking about his own album there.

In a new short interview today with MNEK, who has worked with a Diplo and Madonna on a new song for the album, has said....

Here's the article

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a598667/madonna-track-sounds-wicked-says-mnek.html

HE DID NOT SAY IT NEEDS MORE SINGLES.

ATTENTION EVERYBODY

HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS DEBUT ALBUM

RED ALERT

Here's the article

He's talking about his own debut album needing more singles and coming out in the summer, not Madonna's album. He only worked on one song on her album so how would he know when it's coming out or whether it's finished etc.

RED ALERT

I REPEAT...MADONNA's NEW ALBUM DOES NOT NEED "MORE SINGLES"

IT IS NOT MDNA PART 2 MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT WILLIAM ORBIT IS NOT INVOLVED NOR MARTIN

THERE IS STILL NO OFFICIAL NEWS OF RELEASE DATE