New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

My question about collectors and their unreleased material...what is the value of what they have outside of the Madonna community? It isn't like they can sell demos and unreleased tracks to record companies to release and profit from....there would be tremendous lawsuits. Honestly, why not just leak what you have, no one outside of the M fandom really cares about photo outtakes and un-used music...it is such an elitist mentality....sorta annoying. But hey, if it makes them feel special by having things Madonna thew away, then by all means...feel special ;)

I've already heard about her mother dying at a young age , her troubled relationship with her father, her struggles with fame, her angst about failed relationships, her struggles with motherhood, her Kabbalah philosophies, blah blah blah. She's dealt with all the serious sides of her life on every album. If she wants to just have fun, so what. As long as the music & production is good, I couldn't care less what she sings about.

true, but her passion and vision for artforfreedom does not reflect her personal self. It is about awareness of world injustice. I'm here for fun and introspective lyrics - Rebel/Heart

My question about collectors and their unreleased material...what is the value of what they have outside of the Madonna community? It isn't like they can sell demos and unreleased tracks to record companies to release and profit from....there would be tremendous lawsuits. Honestly, why not just leak what you have, no one outside of the M fandom really cares about photo outtakes and un-used music...it is such an elitist mentality....sorta annoying. But hey, if it makes them feel special by having things Madonna thew away, then by all means...feel special ;)

They're not doing it because of the monetary value. It's some kind of weird fan "superiority" thing. Don't get me started on this. It's rife in the Madonna fan community. I've not really seen it with other artist fan bases.

They're not doing it because of the monetary value. It's some kind of weird fan "superiority" thing. Don't get me started on this. It's rife in the Madonna fan community. I've not really seen it with other artist fan bases.

That's what I thought.....a stupid elitist thing. I guess they sit around and jerk off to the fact that they have material other fans do not have. It isn't like their families or friends are impressed, they probably just think they are insane. Imagine paying thousands of dollars for some crap demo like "Applause"? Idiots. We all love the woman, so why not share rarities with others who celebrate and enjoy the same passion? Most of us run to the forum to share news bits we get....these people only have a small circle of people who will care and relate.

They only sell it to the fans who are dumb enough to buy them

LOL at people thinking if we don't want juvenile themes/lyrics we want her back writing them fucking children's books :lmao:

I will reserve judgment until I hear the album but at the minute in expecting MDNA part II

LOL at people thinking if we don't want juvenile themes/lyrics we want her back writing them fucking children's books :lmao:

I will reserve judgment until I hear the album but at the minute in expecting MDNA part II

I think so too

Ok so I don't wanna bring up the tired "2014 or 2015 release" discussion again, but if she is really done with the album, couldn't a late Nov release still be possible?

People are saying shooting the video for the first single as well as doing the photoshoot for the cover would take too long now for the album to be released this year, but then again, look at Adele and Rihanna, their albums have been announced for this fall but there's still NOTHING. Their fans are still as much in the dark as we are (if not even more, considering M at least keeps us updated with her postings). Is it really that unlikely for the album to come out this fall?

If this is a double album that's anywhere near as good as 'Sign O The Times' (Surely the benchmark for double albums!?) then I would buy the first 50,000 copies and build me a wall to live inside it forever!

Two things that I'm mindful of if its a double LP:

1. That quality control doesn't take a hit.

2. That the gap until her next album isn't doubled also.

Either way, there surely needs to be some actual official news soon - this teasing has been going on pretty much all year, and its been fun, but getting a little trying now.

Ok so I don't wanna bring up the tired "2014 or 2015 release" discussion again, but if she is really done with the album, couldn't a late Nov release still be possible?

People are saying shooting the video for the first single as well as doing the photoshoot for the cover would take too long now for the album to be released this year, but then again, look at Adele and Rihanna, their albums have been announced for this fall but there's still NOTHING. Their fans are still as much in the dark as we are (if not even more, considering M at least keeps us updated with her postings). Is it really that unlikely for the album to come out this fall?

It depends on what stage she just completed. Did she complete recording where the album goes into mastering/post-production, or did she complete overseeing the final mastering? I think she just completed her end as the recording artist and it will now go into the hands of the producers and engineers to finalize the work.

If you think about her " I can`t serve a half baked cake" IG post two weeks ago.

Maybe she meant only the first half of the double album was finished. It could be really possible we get a double album :think:

Whatever, I´m ready for new music :confessions:

Can`t wait anymore :dramatic:

I've already heard about her mother dying at a young age , her troubled relationship with her father, her struggles with fame, her angst about failed relationships, her struggles with motherhood, her Kabbalah philosophies, blah blah blah. She's dealt with all the serious sides of her life on every album. If she wants to just have fun, so what. As long as the music & production is good, I couldn't care less what she sings about.

Why does she have to choose between songs about having fun and deeper more serious revealing songs? Everyone has two sides, a fun side and a more serious side. I enjoy both types of songs depending on the mood I'm in. To me, that's what makes Madonna my favorite artist. She does both fun and more serious songs well whereas a lot of artists tend to do one or the other. I like both depending on my mood at the time. Almost all her albums have had fun and serious songs. Now some albums emphasize one side more than the other but I think all her albums do have both sides. I do like the serious songs that give insight into her life, but too many on one album can be a downer. That's why I think it would be a brilliant to do the double album, Unapologetic Bitch (fun) and Rebel Heart (mature, serious).