New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

Where does one even GO to find out what's available? Perhaps one of us DOES have a spare chunk of change we would be willing to spend on some BTS demos! It is like a secret society one must be approved to join?

That's a Secret Society that no one in MadonnaNation (at least publicly that they'd admit to) has managed to break into. Although I do have my suspicions about some people here....!!

A double album makes this era massive.

Agreed. And if it truly is a tap-in to BOTH sides of her artistry....fun and light/deep and introspective...OMG, what more could we ask for!? Perfection! This news is the most exciting yet!

A double album makes this era massive.

imagine a double album...

first album released digital-only early 2015

then 2nd album released later part of the year (with her teasing songs off both throughout on tour and as singles) digitally or as a double digital album

and then a double album physical release

Wasn't Evita a double album? But it wasn't a studio album...

The full soundtrack was a double album, BUT it featured 11 songs not sung by Madonna - and just one original song.

That's a Secret Society that no one in MadonnaNation (at least publicly that they'd admit to) has managed to break into. Although I do have my suspicions about some people here....!!

Well goddamn, WHO does one have to sleep with to get into this secret society?

I have always imagined/fantasized about one of these collectors either becoming disinterested or upset with Madonna and/or fellow collectors and just leaking EVERYTHING they have just to deplete the value.

I agree and excited if it is a double album sold at the price of one. Or is that possible?

I like Rebel/Heart or Rebel Heart

It may reflect the albums theme- the rebel (fierce, experimental) and heart (the deep introspective)

It's possible. Wasn't Beyonce's I Am...Sasha Fierce pretty standard price? But that was still a normal number of songs, just split up.

you know what would be smart...

if there WAS a double album.

the iTunes pre-order could be for the first (and second if she releases two before the album drops) single, than upon album release date, you get that album but you're NOT given the option to opt out of paying for the second disc when it's released at a later date. guaranteed double sales and then tie-in with ticket bundles.

It would seem the collaborations were the last big piece she had to finish in the studio with the mixing and mastering:

Alicia on "Living For Love," Nicki on "Bitch, I'm Madonna"

If she's finished then there's no way Dahi and Blood Diamonds did a lot of work with her. Did they mix some songs or just add final production on them?

Exciting times!

It would seem the collaborations were the last big piece she had to finish in the studio with the mixing and mastering:

Alicia on "Living For Love," Nicki on "Bitch, I'm Madonna"

If she's finished then there's no way Dahi and Blood Diamonds did a lot of work with her. Did they mix some songs or just add final production on them?

Exciting times!

maybe they are doing remixes for songs but the album itself is done. it would be so smart for a double album. she could charge $24.99 physical copy and like $17.99 for digital making more profit off a dismal industry.

We had one, but he had to boardicide himself to save the forum after leaking applause.

Since she tagged Magnus Lidehäll, here are some of the tracks he produced:

This song was co-written and produced by Magnus Lidehäll along with Salem Al Fakir and Vincent Pontare, who co-wrote 5-6 of the Avicii tracks for the new album:

Personally if rather hear Madonna sing about her life experiences rather than a pool party. She's done a lot of fun songs/albums over the years which I love. But, I want to hear her perspective on serious matters. It's what I want this time around. So I agree with you. She can be in her 50's and having a blast but I'd personally rather see her show us a point of view.

I've already heard about her mother dying at a young age , her troubled relationship with her father, her struggles with fame, her angst about failed relationships, her struggles with motherhood, her Kabbalah philosophies, blah blah blah. She's dealt with all the serious sides of her life on every album. If she wants to just have fun, so what. As long as the music & production is good, I couldn't care less what she sings about.