New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

A double album would be a great idea since the problem with MDNA was its "light and darkness" schizophrenic theme. The crazy songs weren't ironic enough and the introspective songs weren't really that touching either. She was caught in the middle with MDNA hence resulting in a mediocre final product. This time around I just want her to serve 10 bat shit crazy diplo pussy jams and vulgar non-sense with Unapologetic Bitch and then dive into the introspective #artforfreedom world with 10 mid-tempo/ballads for Rebel Heart.

I think M and Nicki are a really great match. I know some don't like her, but I've always thought this would have been a good duet for them (at least a few years ago when EDM was at its peak):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQODOGNWjMw

And this would never happen, but M were ever to do one of those team-up albums (Beyonce and Jay Z are supposedly working on one), I think M and Nicki could be cool.

Well MDNA deluxe version was very long, so I wouldn't mind or be surprised if it was a double...however I can imagine that it won't take us long to moaning she picks the wrong songs as singles, then when tour starts that she plays too many new songs, but not the ones we want

Well, the deluxe was double disc if you bought the physical copy.

A double album would be a great idea since the problem with MDNA was its "light and darkness" schizophrenic theme. The crazy songs weren't ironic enough and the introspective songs weren't really that touching either. She was caught in the middle with MDNA hence resulting in a mediocre final product. This time around I just want her to serve 10 bat shit crazy diplo pussy jams and vulgar non-sense with Unapologetic Bitch and then dive into the introspective #artforfreedom world with 10 mid-tempo/ballads for Rebel Heart.

I like MDNA but I do agree I think it would work better to have two separate albums. I think people have a hard time understanding the two sides of her and when they are combined don't get that she's being ironic on the fun songs. And for Rebel Heart, I don't think it has to be all ballads or slow songs to be show her mature side. As you said. I think you can have some midtempo or even some dance/electronic stuff in there as well. An album of all ballads would to me be a little too slow and tiresome to listen to in one sitting.

i still have to figure out if Bitch I'm Madonna and Unapologetic Bitch is one and the same..

she seems to be really into Rebel Heart, Messiah, Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch (given they are two different songs!) and iconic. I sense those songs are definitely in the final track list. I'd love to have a double album but at this point it's pure speculation.

i still have to figure out if Bitch I'm Madonna and Unapologetic Bitch is one and the same..

she seems to be really into Rebel Heart, Messiah, Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch (given they are two different songs!) and iconic. I sense those songs are definitely in the final track list. I'd love to have a double album but at this point it's pure speculation.

I've wondered for a long time if they are the same song, but if the Rama demo previews are to be believed then they aren't.

She's tagged Nicki in "Bitch, I'm Madonna" several times recently but then Unapologetic Bitch has been rumored to be the lead single along with Living For Love.

I found this posted in the off topic section of a Prince forum. Don't know if it's true, but very interesting. It does sound believable.

A collector who posts in a spanish forum called MadonnaSect has been saying that he had some of the demos recorded this year by M and held a little listening party with one of the users a couple days ago, who posted his thoughts on some of the songs:

"Unapologetic Bitch: Reggae. Weird. In the beginning it doesn't sound like it's M singing! But of course, it's her. It starts with a jamaican vibe and the she starts vocalizing (which reminded me of Diana King for a moment). There's a cool contrast between the title of the song and its melody.

Rebel Heart: I think this is the most commercial one, it's cool and cute. Here's guitar and voice mostly.
Iconic: It makes you feel like it's going higher and higher, but the chorus gets you down. With that title you would expect something more epic, but it didn't sound so at the time.
Veni Vidi Vici: A wonderful spoken intro, with melody. She doesn't rap, she talks. It has a surround mystic atmosphere. She names her old songs talking. The closest thing to the way she speaks in this song is the spoken part in Sanctuary, but don't take me too seriously. This is the one song that has got me the most hyped from the bunch.
Autotune Baby: The baby cry and the autotune thing are amazing!! But the chorus sounds like a different song, with a guitar.
Two Steps Behind Me: It has a pretty cool melody. It's obvious who the lyrics are about. Her voice is like really solemn.
Never Let You Go: I don't really remember this one but I did like it, that's why I remember the title.
Heartbreak City: The one is about Brahim. It's ok, but too elaborated to be dedicated to him.
Trust No Bitch: It had some Michael Jackson vibes, like a darker and deeper Madonna (And not in a Erotica way). Very different.
Messiah: I'm not really a slow song person. This sounded like a mix between Falling Free and Devil wouldn't recognize you. If you like slow songs you're gonna love it.
The demos are all really different from each other and don't sound like something she's done before. There's a lot of guitar, but I suppose it's there to set the base in the demos and will be gone in most of the final songs. M's voice sounds amazing! I don't remember much about the other song I listened, but there was one that ended with the line "you're faker than your boobs" (Note: The exact english line was lost in translation), another one sounds good for an interlude. There was a Pharrell track that sounds like Hard Candy 2. I also heard Holy Water, Devil Prays, Body Shop and Illuminati."

Guest CzarnaWisnia

thanks for reposting actually, I hadn't seen it. Very interesting and I love the part where he says Madonna's voice is amazing throughout :)

Guest gang bang

Officially, "Masterpiece" was sent to radio stations only in the UK, and only after MDNA was released.

Also Masterpiece was released in Russia , it was a huge hit there