New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

Wow! Rude.

I'm sorry but I can't deal with this anymore. I mean, half if not the majority of the songs on MDNA are about herself, her heartache and her lost love and you are still acting as if She only put GGW and Superstar on the album. Are you serious?

Edited by _Gark

that's not the question.

The question is you're complaining before the album is out. No one here has heard anything and you're already complaining? For Christ sake we don't even know which song will be on the album !!!!!!!

I haven't complained once. So please re-read my post, and calm down. I Simply offered an opinion on what I would personally like. I'll lap up anything she gives us. As I have always done.

I'm sorry but I can't deal with this anymore. I mean, half if not the majority of the songs on MDNA are about herself, her heartache and her lost love and you are still acting as if She only put GGW and Superstar on the album. Are you serious?

I've never even mentioned MDNA. And I agree it does have some great petsonal songs. But, I never said it didn't.

:thumbsup:

MNEK has described Madonna's new material as "wicked".

The British singer-songwriter has been in the studio with the US icon to work on a track for her forthcoming new album, which is due out in 2015.

"I almost get quite scared talking about it," MNEK told Digital Spy at the MOBO Awards launch. "It's happened, obviously. I did meet Madonna and I did work with her.

"It was great and amazing. The song sounds wicked - I'm really proud of it. Diplo's dope, Madonna's dope, her people are great and that side of things is working out great."

He added: "I think my focus has to be on my project now."

Asked how work on the debut album is coming along, MNEK said: "We need more singles! Classic A&R talk... I'm proud of the album and it's out next year - like, summer next year."

MNEK is nominated for Best Newcomer at the MOBO Awards 2014, with Sam Smith and Krept & Konan leading this year's list.

Watch the music video for MNEK's 'Wrote a Song About You' below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a598667/madonna-track-sounds-wicked-says-mnek.html#~oQHVBnV7x2d4UW#ixzz3EA4Dc9a2
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

I don't think anyone said that she can't do these things....but the repeated themes about it in her music just come across as if she is trying to appeal to an audience far younger than her core fan base. Perhaps she sees it differently, but to me, and to many fans, it just seems like she is trying to tag along in what is current instead of forging her own way as she used to. I think in the end we all learn to just accept what our favorite artists give us unconditionally, that is what separates hardcore die-hards from casual fans. It is their work, their journey, their path in life. We cannot decide or dictate what they should do or release and should just enjoy what is served and be grateful for it. I guess I just feel a bit twisted around as I felt there was always a maturing social/spiritual/cultural message in her work....but then ever since Hard Candy, it feels as if she has gone off on another path completely. I will stand by my word and enjoy whatever she delivers, but as a fan, I do sometimes miss the pre-HC Madonna.

I have one request: Could you please stop trolling?

A collector who posts in a spanish forum called MadonnaSect has been saying that he had some of the demos recorded this year by M and held a little listening party with one of the users a couple days ago, who posted his thoughts on some of the songs:

"Unapologetic Bitch: Reggae. Weird. In the beginning it doesn't sound like it's M singing! But of course, it's her. It starts with a jamaican vibe and the she starts vocalizing (which reminded me of Diana King for a moment). There's a cool contrast between the title of the song and its melody.

Rebel Heart: I think this is the most commercial one, it's cool and cute. Here's guitar and voice mostly.
Iconic: It makes you feel like it's going higher and higher, but the chorus gets you down. With that title you would expect something more epic, but it didn't sound so at the time.
Veni Vidi Vici: A wonderful spoken intro, with melody. She doesn't rap, she talks. It has a surround mystic atmosphere. She names her old songs talking. The closest thing to the way she speaks in this song is the spoken part in Sanctuary, but don't take me too seriously. This is the one song that has got me the most hyped from the bunch.
Autotune Baby: The baby cry and the autotune thing are amazing!! But the chorus sounds like a different song, with a guitar.
Two Steps Behind Me: It has a pretty cool melody. It's obvious who the lyrics are about. Her voice is like really solemn.
Never Let You Go: I don't really remember this one but I did like it, that's why I remember the title.
Heartbreak City: The one about Brahim. It's ok, but too elaborated to be dedicated to him.
Trust No Bitch: It had some Michael Jackson vibes, like a darker and deeper Madonna (And not in a Erotica way). Very different.
Messiah: I'm not really a slow song person. This sounded like a mix between Falling Free and Devil wouldn't recognize you. If you like slow songs you're gonna love it.
The demos are all really different from each other and don't sound like something she's done before. There's a lot of guitar, but I suppose it's there to set the base in the demos and will be gone in most of the final songs. M's voice sounds amazing! I don't remember much about the other song I listened, but there was one that ended with the line "you're faker than your boobs" (Note: The exact english line was lost in traslation), another one sounds good for and interlude. There was a Pharrell track that sounds like Hard Candy 2. I also heard Holy Water, Devil Prays, Body Shop and Illuminati."
I personally trust him, that's why a wanted to share the post with you. I hope the demos won't leak before the album's release!

I have one request: Could you please stop trolling?

So simply stating my tastes and wishes as a fan is now considered trolling? I am not looking to argue with anyone. If you agree with what I said, fine, if you don't, fine. This is what makes a discussion a discussion hun...people have different perspectives on everything in life and the purpose of a discussion forum is to discuss.......this isn't North Korea.

A collector who posts in a spanish forum called MadonnaSect has been saying that he had some of the demos recorded this year by M and held a little listening party with one of the users a couple days ago, who posted his thoughts on some of the songs:

"Unapologetic Bitch: Reggae. Weird. In the beginning it doesn't sound like it's M singing! But of course, it's her. It starts with a jamaican vibe and the she starts vocalizing (which reminded me of Diana King for a moment). There's a cool contrast between the title of the song and its melody.

Rebel Heart: I think this is the most commercial one, it's cool and cute. Here's guitar and voice mostly.
Iconic: It makes you feel like it's going higher and higher, but the chorus gets you down. With that title you would expect something more epic, but it didn't sound so at the time.
Veni Vidi Vici: A wonderful spoken intro, with melody. She doesn't rap, she talks. It has a surround mystic atmosphere. She names her old songs talking. The closest thing to the way she speaks in this song is the spoken part in Sanctuary, but don't take me too seriously. This is the one song that has got me the most hyped from the bunch.
Autotune Baby: The baby cry and the autotune thing are amazing!! But the chorus sounds like a different song, with a guitar.
Two Steps Behind Me: It has a pretty cool melody. It's obvious who the lyrics are about. Her voice is like really solemn.
Never Let You Go: I don't really remember this one but I did like it, that's why I remember the title.
Heartbreak City: The one about Brahim. It's ok, but too elaborated to be dedicated to him.
Trust No Bitch: It had some Michael Jackson vibes, like a darker and deeper Madonna (And not in a Erotica way). Very different.
Messiah: I'm not really a slow song person. This sounded like a mix between Falling Free and Devil wouldn't recognize you. If you like slow songs you're gonna love it.
The demos are all really different from each other and don't sound like something she's done before. There's a lot of guitar, but I suppose it's there to set the base in the demos and will be gone in most of the final songs. M's voice sounds amazing! I don't remember much about the other song I listened, but there was one that ended with the line "you're faker than your boobs" (Note: The exact english line was lost in traslation), another one sounds good for and interlude. There was a Pharrell track that sounds like Hard Candy 2. I also heard Holy Water, Devil Prays, Body Shop and Illuminati."
I personally trust him, that's why a wanted to share the post with you. I hope the demos won't leak before the album's release!

If all this is true, and yet more people are hearing these tracks then it sounds like these demos may be dangerously close to leaking..... :ohmy:

Honestly anyone could write this after reading what Rama and Drowned had to say. It really doesn't add anything new. I hope it's not true.

I kinda thought the same....

So simply stating my tastes and wishes as a fan is now considered trolling? I am not looking to argue with anyone. If you agree with what I said, fine, if you don't, fine. This is what makes a discussion a discussion hun...people have different perspectives on everything in life and the purpose of a discussion forum is to discuss.......this isn't North Korea.

I actually wish this forum is NORTH KOREA combined with IMPERIAL CHINA and SOVIET UNION, if that is what it takes to stop you from trolling.

MNEK has described Madonna's new material as "wicked".

The British singer-songwriter has been in the studio with the US icon to work on a track for her forthcoming new album, which is due out in 2015.

"I almost get quite scared talking about it," MNEK told Digital Spy at the MOBO Awards launch. "It's happened, obviously. I did meet Madonna and I did work with her.

"It was great and amazing. The song sounds wicked - I'm really proud of it. Diplo's dope, Madonna's dope, her people are great and that side of things is working out great."

If I'm remembering correctly, then MNEK and Ariel should have worked on the same song, or so Diplo said in the Billboard article. I want to know which song it is now.

I actually wish this forum is NORTH KOREA combined with IMPERIAL CHINA and SOVIET UNION, if that is what it takes to stop you from trolling.

:superman::lmao: bunch of crazies focus on the faux album news people! lol

We have to be careful!! how much people were frustrated because people said she worked with Guetta for mdna.... and swedish mafia haha or Hard candy was Licorice

Madonna+-+Licorice+(Dance.Pop).jpg

Oh yeah....Licorice! Forgot about that!

How about this lil' treasure that STILL haunts the web as an official M photo to this very day:

madonna-bubblegum2-super-bowl.jpg

Oh yeah....Licorice! Forgot about that!

How about this lil' treasure that STILL haunts the web as an official M photo to this very day:

madonna-bubblegum2-super-bowl.jpg

Yep When I bought my ticket for Sticky and sweet that was the offical photo on the page!!! like what?? even lola looks older than that! haha

For some reason all this reminds me of American Life. :wow: I hope the Pharell track don't make to the final mix.

If this is true, expect some demos to leak. I really hope not.

Yep When I bought my ticket for Sticky and sweet that was the offical photo on the page!!! like what?? even lola looks older than that! haha

It's used all over the place. I have even had a friend tell me how much he loved the "new bubble gum picture"....with a fan's eye, it is so obviously fake, but to the untrained eye, I guess its a cool shot....lol.