MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ADUSTIO

Scotland independence

Kim    0

I'm curious what, if Yes went through, would happen to my UK passport that I have through my mother having been born in Scotland though I'm Canadian. I've read that current passports would go until they're invalid and that Scots in the meantime would have the option of getting their own in addition, so what, I'd have three? :confused::rotfl:

As for EU membership, it's all over the place, first they said they'd automatically join, they won't, then they said they'd be "fast-tracked" through the UK's current membership, is that true? -- they'd get in eventually of course but it takes years to sort out international memberships, ratify basic international treaties, etc. all the shit you have to do to establish functional independent statehood to be eligible to ask to join.

Dunno about your passport :rotfl: EU membership would be fast tracked no doubt, despite the usual scaremongering media reports to the contrary, this referendum is constitutionally underwritten by an international agreement that provides for territorial votes on separation (unlike Spain for example) 2016 wouldn't be unreasonable.

Nessie    0

Where does the Lochness Monster stand on this issue Kim ;)

I vote YES ;)

Jazzy Jan    0

I vote YES ;)

:lol: Nessie, I remember when I first joined the forum - you was the first person that responded to one of my posts. You had an avatar of Nessie the Loch Ness Monster and I remember someone referring to you as being Scottish. :chuckle: Even though you talked about being from Brazil, they saw Nessie and ignored your words.

You gotta laugh at this, whatever ur vote :rotfl:

scot4.jpg

:rotfl::lmao: What a scary picture.

Nessie    0

:lol: Nessie, I remember when I first joined the forum - you was the first person that responded to one of my posts. You had an avatar of Nessie the Loch Ness Monster and I remember someone referring to you as being Scottish. :chuckle: Even though you talked about being from Brazil, they saw Nessie and ignored your words.

:inlove::kiss2:

I'm a cryptid creature who loves Scotland! My lake deserves to be FREE!!! :D

Jazzy Jan    0

:inlove::kiss2:

I'm a cryptid creature who loves Scotland! My lake deserves to be FREE!!! :D

Yes, the Loch Ness Monster is back as your avatar ! :tigger:

Nessie    0

Yes, the Loch Ness Monster is back as your avatar ! :tigger:

Yes!!! This my humble support for Scotland independence!!! :laugh:

Kim    0

Polling Day! Vote Vote Vote!

Aye ....

scot3.jpg

And in the interests of neutrality....

Naw ....

scot9.jpg

:rotfl:

I don´t know about other parts in the world, but the Basque country is going totly crazy with scotland´s referendum!!!!! march in the streets, scotish flags in townhalls... I don´t know if scotland wnats to be independent or not, but they are living of most of the people in the Basque country! the right to choose!

Kim    0

Well I'm glad that other parts of the world appreciate witnessing democracy in action in a way that's never been seen before in modern British politics. Polls close in minutes...

And in the interests of neutrality...

:bad:

loomer    0

Oh dear. The No campaign has been the biggest disaster ever, they can't help but look bad compared to the more, er, vocal yes camp.

Where is sugarbullet? He is a staunch yes-er, he was fabulous.

Kim    0

Oh dear. The No campaign has been the biggest disaster ever, they can't help but look bad compared to the more, er, vocal yes camp.

Where is sugarbullet? He is a staunch yes-er, he was fabulous.

That "no" lot above do look like they've just stepped off the special bus, it has to be said. The No campaign was terribly downbeat and negative, almost afraid to show any sort of national pride.

Yeah, whatever happened to sugar? A genuine straight male M fan if I remember correctly. No wonder he drifted away from here, really :bad:

You staying up to watch the results, looms?

loomer    0

I don't think I can take it, it's on just now and is already doing my head in. Glasgow doesn't come up till breakfast time and I take it they will be the decider. It's reminiscent of a US election, waiting for all the results of each state to come in.

Kim    0

Yeah I have it on, it's gonna be a lot of this fluff until 1-2am I think. Aye, Glasgow will be the decider about 5am they're saying.

loomer    0

I wonder what STV's coverage is like compared to Biased Broadcasting Corporation. *switches over* The English coverage has the horrendous Jeremy Vine. :gross:

Kim    0

I wonder what STV's coverage is like compared to Biased Broadcasting Corporation. *switches over* The English coverage has the horrendous Jeremy Vine. :gross:

Interestingly enough, the BBC seem to have two concurrent results programmes, one for up here and another for the rest (they get the vile Vine). Heaven forbid they have to watch a Scottish based broadcast on an er, Scottish referendum.

Oban -

10698427_10203555039170189_5252018819349

loomer    0

Awww Oban is gorgeous. The BBC coverage is very dry, STV have live from George Square reports and Johann Lamont in the studio. :sassy:

Kim    0

Awww Oban is gorgeous. The BBC coverage is very dry, STV have live from George Square reports and Johann Lamont in the studio. :sassy:

*switches over* Oh STV has that fabulous old queen Bernard wassisname. I hope sensible shoe-d lesbian Ruth wasseface makes an appearance!

Good luck guys!

Thanks babe!

MadFan    0

Don't know how anyone in the UK can sleep tonight. It's 7pm here and I'm already over it. :rotfl:

Jazzy Jan    0

Kim and Loomer, are you both still watching the coverage ? I am watching it here on A-Pac channel on pay tv in support of you both. :laugh: . They are saying that there have been huge turnouts of voters - well over 80 %