"promotion like Confessions"

frzndrwnwrld

I keep seeing that posted all the time. As an American, I puzzled because that album got no promotion. She did a lot in Europe and that's nice, but I guess I have a very different perspective on that era than the international fans on here. Do any American fans on here feel the same? For us, American Life was her last album promoted.

Guest Rachelle of London

Uh no. I saw the BET interview and another on FUSE at Dylan's Candy Store....... that's it.

How did I see and listen to more in the states and I'm in the UK. Did you not see the Roseland show? Or the countless interviews. If not YouTube it all. Missing out

Guest Rocco Papa

For America this was what we got during the Confessions era:

- TRL

- MTV's Making the Hung Up video

- IGTTYAS premiere on MTV

- ABC Primetime Interview

- Letterman Interview

- Issac Mizrahi interview (he had a show that aired on the Style network)

- Grammys 2006

- Ellen interview

- TRL Awards

- Confessions Tour aired on NBC

I'd say that was quite a bit of promotion in America. Plus, the EMA performance aired on MTV2 and her Parkinson interview aired on BBC America. It was a great era with A LOT of promotion.

I think of it on a worldwide scale when it comes to COADF era. She even went back to Japan just for promo!

Yes she did ! I remembered cos I was there in Tokyo and suddenly Madonna just popped up on my TV. She did tons fo Promos for Confession .

She even did GAY and there was Coachella too !

- TRL

- Letterman Interview

- Grammys 2006

- Ellen interview

- TRL Awards

I'd say that was quite a bit of promotion in America. Plus, the EMA performance aired on MTV2 and her Parkinson interview aired on BBC America. It was a great era with A LOT of promotion.

When I say promotion, I guess I should clarify. I meant live performances. Europe got a bunch of them. None in the US until The Grammy's in '06, which was her last award show performance in the US.

Didn't she perform at the Grammys this year. In America.

She did but it was just a minute of Open Your Heart during the gay wedding segment with Macklemore and Queen Latifah. Hung Up in 2006 was the last performance of new material during an awards show in the US.

Guest Rachelle of London

She did but it was just a minute of Open Your Heart during the gay wedding segment with Macklemore and Queen Latifah. Hung Up in 2006 was the last performance of new material during an awards show in the US.

It was still a performance though. So it's kinda inaccurate to say last time she performed at an awards show was in 2006 when she performed at one 7 months ago.

When I say promotion, I guess I should clarify. I meant live performances. Europe got a bunch of them. None in the US until The Grammy's in '06, which was her last award show performance in the US.

you should change the title of your thread then ; )

you should change the title of your thread then ; )

I stand by my thread title. When people say "promotion like Confessions" it's always in reference to the European promotion. That's the point I was trying to make. Feeling alienated because I don't consider that era promoted being from the US.

I stand by my thread title. When people say "promotion like Confessions" it's always in reference to the European promotion. That's the point I was trying to make. Feeling alienated because I don't consider that era promoted being from the US.

Someone listed out the promotion in the US but it was YOU who think that only live performances are counted as promotion? :huh:

So now Confessions was not promoted based on what YOU think ? :huh:

There was only ONE televised live performance on an MTV Special in the US for the AL album yet you think that the era was promoted there? :huh:

- TRL

- Letterman Interview

- Grammys 2006

- Ellen interview

- TRL Awards

Exactly :clap: :clap:

I thought the same thing too honestly. Now that someone listed it all out, it is indeed more than I remember. I think we feel that way because there was no major moment where she "stole the show " so to speak. Europe had the EMA's which apparently was absolutely massive for her and skyrocketed HU to the top. We didn't have that moment here. I suppose her appearance on TRL got the song off on the right track on that show, but when she did Letterman it would be another month before the album release. HU was long off the chart by the time she did the Grammys. In fact, if memory serves me right, there was a lot of bitching from her fans because she wasn't gonna sing Sorry and that had either JUST gotten released or was gonna be released very very soon. Ultimately, I think COADF saw a very minor sales bump from her performance, but nothing major.

While the CT was traveling across the US, the album hung on to the bottom part of the charts. If I recall though, as soon as it left the States, the album dropped out. The airing of CT on NBC was a total disgrace as it was so chopped up. By the time this aired, it was a year after the album had been released and none of the singles were hits, so COADF had long been gone from the charts.

And if we are counting IGTTYAS as promo for COADF then we can certainly count this for the much criticized MDNA promo....

-Nightline aka "reductive" interview (didn't they talk about album too. Isn't this the first time we heard B-Day Song?)

-Golden Globes

-Super Bowl

-interview w/Anderson Cooper

-Facebook interview

-Ultra Music appearance w/Avicii

-Harry Smith interview

-Ellen interview

-Billboard Awards

-MDNA Tour airing on Epix

For us, American Life was her last album promoted.

So if you've changed it to mean live performances only, what (other than Tower Records and MTV) live promo did she do for American Life? Is it really that much different?