Her voice in Keep The Trance

karbatal

This is maybe my fav unreleased Madonna song. I can't understand why it was later recycled into that "song" called Hey You, because this version is incredible. I still wonder how on Earth it was not included in the Confessions Album. The same with History (at least we got that as b-side).

Love the production, the melody... but especially her voice. It's like listening to the very early Madonna!

Sometimes i wonder if she could sing as she has done in different eras. If she could concentrate and sing Spanish Eyes as she sung then, or Rescue Me... Whenever i'm in doubt, i remember Keep the Trance.

Hey you, old man!!

Love this song! I remember like a couple of seconds leaked of the the "young girl, young boy" and I thought omg I need this song!

Was a glorious day when we got the song in full.

Holy shit! Holy fucking shit!

Just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about Madonna's career, I hear this. I heard a really shitty, boring alternate version of Keep The Trance once, thinking it was the only version but this version is amazing, it just lacks a storming beat. I also never knew the lyrics to Hey You weren't original but were from another Madonna song. She definately should have kept this for Confessions and as another poster said History as well. Two very worthy, very good songs. Definately better than Push and Like It Or Not in my opinion.

Holy shit! Holy fucking shit!

Just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about Madonna's career, I hear this. I heard a really shitty, boring alternate version of Keep The Trance once, thinking it was the only version but this version is amazing, it just lacks a storming beat. I also never knew the lyrics to Hey You weren't original but were from another Madonna song. She definately should have kept this for Confessions and as another poster said History as well. Two very worthy, very good songs. Definately better than Push and Like It Or Not in my opinion.

If you like the sound of Keep The Trance, then check out 'YAS - Get It Right'. It's a musical project of Mirwais and he recycled the track and used it for his own album. Good video, too, if you can find it.

who produced this lovely gem?

Mirwais

I thought this was transformed into GET TOGETHER. And i'm sorry, along with Triggering Your senses, these are total CRAP

The chorus was reworked for "Get Together", the lyrics of the verses were reworked for "Hey You" :)

I've never been a big fan of "Keep the Trance", but in my ranking, "Triggering" is one of her best outtakes ever!

If you like the sound of Keep The Trance, then check out 'YAS - Get It Right'. It's a musical project of Mirwais and he recycled the track and used it for his own album. Good video, too, if you can find it.

Here it is :)

Hey You and Keep the Trance are the crowtastic twin sisters that look nothing alike. Imagine a medley of those two together on tour. :dead:

I thought this was transformed into GET TOGETHER. And i'm sorry, along with Triggering Your senses, these are total CRAP

tumblr_inline_mojgehhYDL1qdlkgg.gif

Edited by JimmyJimmy

Guest bluejean

Karby, she couldn't include this on Confessions because it's basically earlier version of Get Together.

I don't mind this and Triggering moreso actually. Triggering should have been used as a b-side. But the only outtake I think that could have made the album is Fighting Spirit.