New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

So if TV isn't relevant.. why do we have so many peak career artist's all clambering to get onto those schedule's

When I stop seeing Rhianna, Taylor Swift , Katie Perry, Ed Sheeran, Etc etc the list is endless, promo-ing on those kinda shows and with sustained impact to their sales n popularity, I will take your point....... But for now we`ll just have to take opposing corners... :tongue:

Radio in America might ignore her but on TV she is the ultimate Alist guest!

And performances and album chat is still massive to the kind of artist she is!

Madonna has always been seen and heard, she won't ever be Kate Bush, she is mainstream and that's were she will always place herself.

So if TV isn't relevant.. why do we have so many peak career artist's all clambering to get onto those schedule's

When I stop seeing Rhianna, Taylor Swift , Katie Perry, Ed Sheeran, Etc etc the list is endless, promo-ing on those kinda shows and with sustained impact to their sales n popularity, I will take your point....... But for now we`ll just have to take opposing corners... :tongue:

Yeah I miss her on TV. I want an hour long special on Jonathan Ross with performances. I want X Factor. All of that stuff. Yeah, man!

She gets people talking. And people will watch just because it's madonna. That will translate into album sales

No-one's denying that kind of promo is the ideal scenario just as the album drops, but if she CHOOSES not to, then so be it.

Also there was /is a promotional strategy thread for all this ish

People are sayying she can't sell high numbers or out do this or that album.

Well too be honest some major singles now are outselling old albums.

Madonna could very easily (if she released a monster hit single) sell between 4-5 million for just one single.

That would be the same she sold for the RoL album. She may never be able to sell as many albums as before but there's exponential potential with singles.

Can you imagine how big Hung Up would have sold nowadays?

There's a thread about promo! UGH

Ok, i know that Madonna pushes loads of buttons, but nowadays the button that she pushes the most is the one of those who want people to do as they want.

Madonna will do as she wants. Take it or leave it!

his is who I am
You can
Like it or not
You can
Love me or leave me
Cus I'm never gonna stop
No no

Confessions this confessions that. The music business has changed so much since then. 9 years ago. Madonna was also married, and her kids were a lot younger. The pressure to be with

her children wasn't as much. Let Madonna do what she wants. She always delivers. I'm glad we have the MDNA tour to look back on rather than a performance on Strictly Come Dancing.

I can't be in the minority.

Amen

Anyone who writes off M or thinks that she cant have another No1 , or sell shit loads of albums is assuming way too much.... Don`t ever underestimate her... Media and fans alike have been doing it for 30 years and she`s still way ahead of the game in so many ways.

Because she is like no other in her field, she can push harder and ensure this new Era is just as strong as any of the other peeks that she`s attained.....

M, is a true one off.. Unique.... No one compares to, or has achieved what she has.. She is the marker for everyone who follows a similar path.. But they will never exceed her track record, both artistically, or in terms of sales, and she still has it in her to hit a home run again....

In order to keep people hooked on the past you have to provide a bridge from the future, So the new music has to have some staying power and be authentic Madonna.... When M is on her game, no one can touch her....!

I still believe it comes down to two things, re M getting huge sales and No 1 records, (whish I feel is still attainable all over Europe); and that is, the music has to be quality. Substance over style......!

"Classic Madonna and Innovation" The two ingredients she`s used time and again to produce music that reminds the public and her diverse collective of fans just how versatile,tenacious and talented this women is...

The promotion is paramount.!!!!!!......... If she can`t get her music on the radio, then she needs it all over the TV... Talk show performances, X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing.. BGT whatever....!.... As long as there are big audiences getting the opportunity to re-connect with M and the music is accessible, she will sell........

Anyone who believes she doesn't need Both of these things in order to secure future bums on seats at concerts is way off the mark....... Even Jesus Christ would need across the board promo if he showed up tmrw with an album to market... .. .

I love you :drama::clap:

If it's anywhere nearly as dirty as this, then all I can say is bring it!

Madonna's never done anything as hard as this, but as a remix, BRING IT. That's what I'm [always] talking about.

10617072_1048135718537208_1021805583_n.j

Asap Ferg in studio with Madonna and Diplo

Sharing some of my thoughts, NOT news....thanks in advance for indulging me.

That youtube link leads to some teenybopper shite, which fits nicely with Diplo's Instagram...... Since seeing Diplo's Instagram pics, months ago, I still haven't mustered the courage to search and listen to any of his stuff out of fear of major disappointment (even though any collab with M might yield very different results). Hope neither his nor some of M's more recent presumably "cool" Instagram hashtags are an indicator for the music and themes they'll come up with for the upcoming record. I DO LOVE carefree unpretentious fun and MIXING things up style and theme-wise. But I'll also admit that I would be less interested in youth-culture inspired stuff (if that makes any sense) than I would be in something TRULY DARK and honest.

TL;DR: the uncertainty about the album ('s direction) is killing me. :blush:

Are you guys STILL blaming Guy for something that Madonna herself said was her idea.

So Madonna should pimp herself on every TV show, chat show etc to sell a few more thousand copies. Forget about her children, forget about a tour just so she can do a few letterman interviews.

Last time we got the most amazing tour, the Super Bowl, and a bloody movie, m still had one of the best selling albums of that year. What more do fans want?

It's 2014! No one promotes albums like they did 16 years ago. No one. Get over it.

No one said she should forget about the tour or her children. But just as she went out of her way to promote W.E., it's only logical that now she'll have more time just for the album!! Oh and exposure is not about making extra money. The money issue is what we are arguing about in the first place! We want Madonna back in pop culture and media in a positive way, for the general public to be reminded of her relevance and young kids to notice her. There is nothing wrong in wishing for that.

So tired of fans thinking doing a bunch of shows is the answer. Its what Gaga and Mariah do, and their careers are over.

And yet they are talked about a lot more in general public than Madonna is. Exposure means relevance. Most people think Madonna is over because she has been out of the spot light for a while. I can't stand Mariah or Gaga, and I want Madonna be more visible than them.

She needs her to put bums on seats!! She needs to do special performances that is broadcast all over. People here don't want her to whore herself everywhere but a performance here and there..

Most importantly her music needs to grab people! Has to be brilliant, people will want to hear brilliant songs on tour.

I actually think people miss Madonna, want new music! bring it on M!

Exactly! And whoever said that going on shows costs money is wrong. Most hosts would want Madonna on their shows to boost up their ratings. It's a win win situation for both. All she needs is a manager who knows how to work these things out!

Sharing some of my thoughts, NOT news....thanks in advance for indulging me.

That youtube link leads to some teenybopper shite, which fits nicely with Diplo's Instagram...... Since seeing Diplo's Instagram pics, months ago, I still haven't mustered the courage to search and listen to any of his stuff out of fear of major disappointment (even though any collab with M might yield very different results). Hope neither his nor some of M's more recent presumably "cool" Instagram hashtags are an indicator for the music and themes they'll come up with for the upcoming record. I DO LOVE carefree unpretentious fun and MIXING things up style and theme-wise. But I'll also admit that I would be less interested in youth-culture inspired stuff (if that makes any sense) than I would be in something TRULY DARK and honest.

TL;DR: the uncertainty about the album ('s direction) is killing me. :blush:

Teeny Bopper music is Austin Mahone not this.

In no way defending ASAP because I don't know his music at all but it certainly doesn't come across as Teeny Bopperish lol.

I think some education on Mahonies is in order lol.

Guest Rachelle of London

And yet they are talked about a lot more in general public than Madonna is. Exposure means relevance. Most people think Madonna is over because she has been out of the spot light for a while. I can't stand Mariah or Gaga, and I want Madonna be more visible than them.

What on earth are you on about?

Madonna wears tooth jewellery it's front page news. Madonna is seen on a British airways flight and is trending all over the world. Madonna goes to her kaballah centre in black trousers with tears on the bottom and that is the main article on every media outlet. How on earth can Gaga and Mariah be more visible than her? Two artists that would give up their left arm to have a quarter of the media exposure Madonna gets.

Sigh

O dear.. i go on holidays now, i will be back on Tuesday night.

I wonder how will i understand this thread then. I hope somebody can summ up what happens these next days while i'm in Paris.

You lucky devil, Paris is so much fun. Have a safe trip and don't worry, we'll fill you in, which will most likely consist of nothing more than "Madonna should be doing promo like this or that."

What on earth are you on about?

Madonna wears tooth jewellery it's front page news. Madonna is seen on a British airways flight and is trending all over the world. Madonna goes to her kaballah centre in black trousers with tears on the bottom and that is the main article on every media outlet. How on earth can Gaga and Mariah be more visible than her? Two artists that would give up their left arm to have a quarter of the media exposure Madonna gets.

Sigh

Ok, what I'm on about is that I want Madonna to be talked about more as an artist, a creator of this beautiful era we're about to indulge in. I want people to say they saw her perform last night and she wowed them. This bitch looks great for her age! That Madonna song is pretty awesome! Madonna! Madonna! Madonna! It's only possible if she gets more visibility because of her artistic achievements, not because she wore grills or goes to Kabbalah.

Anyway, we both differ in our opinions on this subject. Let's wait and see how this era plays out. Of course I will always be on Madonna's side whatever she does. This is just what I'm hoping for.

Edited by AcrossTheSky