New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

I highly doubt the single will be released before January unless the album is coming before the end of the year.

Also, is it confirmed that she worked with Switch as well? Because I like his stuff a lot more than Diplo's.

I highly doubt the single will be released before January unless the album is coming before the end of the year.

Also, is it confirmed that she worked with Switch as well? Because I like his stuff a lot more than Diplo's.

Well Diplo has confirmed Switch is on the album.

And I think a single this year can happen....if they "finished" the first single last week then things are ready to go....

Would Madonna really sit on finished material for 6months?

Sounds like it's finished???

FABULOUS news. If they know what the first single is going to be and it's finished, something could be on its way sooner than we think.

Zane Lowe's comment about waiting for a official announcement is a bit suspect as well but in the best possible way!

She's an incredible artist and opinionated and has a new respect for her.

Thanks Junkie!!!!! All her producers have said such great things about her! YES!! Add Diplo to the list now. Can't wait!!

Well Diplo has confirmed Switch is on the album.

And I think a single this year can happen....if they "finished" the first single last week then things are ready to go....

Would Madonna really sit on finished material for 6months?

Sounds like it's finished???

We know that the single is finished, not the album. I feel like we keep having the same conversations over and over. If they've decided to release the album next year, then it won't be coming any sooner than March. If that's the case, I've explained why releasing the single this year makes no sense. She could, of course, release the single in the next few weeks and release the album in November or December, but it seems like that has been shot down.

We know that the single is finished, not the album. I feel like we keep having the same conversations over and over. If they've decided to release the album next year, then it won't be coming any sooner than March. If that's the case, I've explained why releasing the single this year makes no sense. She could, of course, release the single in the next few weeks and release the album in November or December, but it seems like that has been shot down.

It's too late for the album this year, it needs setting up properly....and the creative process needs to be completed so yes, a March release seems logical....

That doesn't mean we can't have te first single November/December if it's been finished last week then that sounds like it's ready to go....

It would be AMAZING promo, dropping a teaser of the album this year rather than waiting until next will get everybody hot for the album....escpecially if it's a hit!!!

Interview up on the Radio 1 Soundcloud page now. Diplo couldn't speak more highly of her. Single was finished in New York last week but needs to be 'fine tuned' and 'mixed'. One new

song on album has a Jack U vibe. Another is a retrospective of her career and features soundbites from various media reports about her during the last 30 years. At least I think that's what he was saying, the phone line is really bad sound.

Well it sounded to me that he's pretty much done in terms of working on with her on the record.

My impression now is that the rest is left up to Madonna herself to finalise the tracklisting and get on with the mixing and mastering (which will not be done by the producers anyway.) Next up obviously will then be pressing the CDs, photo-shoot and artwork etc.

Early 2015 it is then.

Interview up on the Radio 1 Soundcloud page now. Diplo couldn't speak more highly of her. Single was finished in New York last week but needs to be 'fine tuned' and 'mixed'. One new

song on album has a Jack U vibe. Another is a retrospective of her career and features soundbites from various media reports about her during the last 30 years. At least I think that's what he was saying, the phone line is really bad sound.

yeah thats what i hear too :) thats probably what he meant with looking up videos of her etc when they first worked together and people thought he didn't know much about her career etc (which probably isn't far from the truth until a few months ago)

You're right about the phone line having a horrible quality.

But as far as can hear, Diplo said that the first single was fine-tuned and mixed last week and that the retrospective song features soundbites and vocal samples from old Madonna records, as in songs.

Well it sounded to me that he's pretty much done in terms of working on with her on the record.

My impression now is that the rest is left up to Madonna herself to finalise the tracklisting and get on with the mixing and mastering (which will not be done by the producers anyway.) Next up obviously will then be pressing the CDs, photo-shoot and artwork etc.

Early 2015 it is then.

i hope demo doesn't mix it this time and give her those paper thin, higher-than-normal pitched vocals

i hope demo doesn't mix it this time and give her those paper thin, higher-than-normal pitched vocals

Darling that's what she sounds like when she sings nowadays. Lots of auto-tune by default, combined with altered diaphragmatic movements post childbirth & post-Evita 'proper' singing - of course all sung in the Key of Crow. Deal with it. It has nothing to do with mixing.

Here's a very recent example:

I've grown to love it actually. I love her voice in all its incarnations.

You're right about the phone line having a horrible quality.

But as far as can hear, Diplo said that the first single was fine-tuned and mixed last week and that the retrospective song features soundbites and vocal samples from old Madonna records, as in songs.

That sounds very iconic indeed!

Madonna singing with backing vocals from her past images....can't wait to hear that....

He did say it's fine tuned.....so if they've finished it I still think it will drop this year!

The SINGLE that is.

Guest Rachelle of London

Is it just me, or does Diplo suggest during the interview that Switch is mixing the tracks Diplo did for the album?

That's what I thought. And he said that she wanted to work with him and switch

Another is a retrospective of her career and features soundbites from various media reports about her during the last 30 years. At least I think that's what he was saying, the phone line is really bad sound.

Yes, he definitely said they looked up various news reports on youtube abt her career over the years to sample (and that's how he discovered what a "crazy" career she's had) and I think he said they "livened up" the first single last week with fine tuning & mix.

All very exciting

Of course it will be 2015 tho, I hear Joan Gustafson Ciccone is involved in some final mixing :wow:

Indeed. Dear OLD Joan tells me she's been a regular fixture in the studio to ensure Louise Veronica is adequately covered up and not showing too much flesh in front of Diplo. Indeed, the burka picture was one of Joan's ideas for the new "look" for the next album.

Unfortunately dear old JOAN has forgotten her password and can no longer in MadonnaNation. Must be the ALZHEIMERs :(

Indeed. Dear OLD Joan tells me she's been a regular fixture in the studio to ensure Louise Veronica is adequately covered up and not showing too much flesh in front of Diplo. Indeed, the burka picture was one of Joan's ideas for the new "look" for the next album.

Unfortunately dear old JOAN has forgotten her password and can no longer in MadonnaNation. Must be the ALZHEIMERs :(

You know she never recovered from the MDNA show :lmao:

Yes, he definitely said they looked up various news reports on youtube abt her career over the years to sample (and that's how he discovered what a "crazy" career she's had) and I think he said they "livened up" the first single last week with fine tuning & mix.

That sounds über cool and imagine the music video!?!

Full of iconic nostalgia....roll it out!!!

I just seriously fear leaks now if it's not out until March, it will take exceptional security for it to stay hidden for another 6months.