New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

....I think Beyonce's album has set a precedent for creating fully realized and visualized albums and eras by the release date.

The type of sound she's doing right now will be already old in 2015.

Sales will be lower after xmas but it does better her chances of another #1 album.

It'll probably be a much less crowded release time as well so she can get a lot more media attention and focus.

Pretend_to_care.gif

I really wouldn't be surprised if she's filming all of the videos and getting all of the promotion ready in advance - that would explain why this album has been taking so long since she hasn't had many other distractions. I think Beyonce's album has set a precedent for creating fully realized and visualized albums and eras by the release date.

She hardly makes videos like she used to, let alone doing some in advance :lol: I wish this could be true tho.

I don't see why releasing it in the spring rather than the Christmas season would necessarily lead to lower sales. If anything, it would be better because there would be less other artists releasing music to compete with. Also, I don't think music for the most part is something people buy as holiday presents. When I buy music, it's always just for me. I never buy music as a present because I either don't know what artists someone would like or if someone is their all time favorite artist they will have already bought the new album for themselves. Most of my closest friends and family know Madonna is my #1 artist and they would never buy her album for me as a holiday present because they know I already bought the first day it came out.

She hardly makes videos like she used to, let alone doing some in advance :lol: I wish this could be true tho.

Agreed.

The Beyonce comparisons I kinda understand BUT Madonna hasn't put that kind of effort into the visual aspect of her albums for years....I doubt she would go back to that now....it's extream wishful thinking!

Beyonce still has a lot to prove in that department Madonna has been there done that....and she wouldn't spend loads and loads if time "secretly" making videos ready to drop them.....it's just not her!

She has spent the year piecing together the album....nothing else, yet!

Once the album is done and dusted then she will move into making the visuals....I'm hoping for some kind of preview before Christmas of things to come.....now a surprise first single COULD work and is very plausible.....but in reality, I don't think we will see Madonna surface again util 2015.

To me what this says the most is the fact that her albums will, for the rest of time now, be solely about supporting her touring.

I don't think Arianne was being %100 honest when she said tour plans aren't in motion. All of the decisions are pointing towards an album release to go along with the tour, similar to MDNA.

So we will probably get an exact replica of the MDNA era minus the Super Bowl and hopefully (note: hopefully) much stronger music.

Perhaps she will open the Grammys with the new single. That could be a great promotional event and could be the Super Bowl esque performance of this new era.

At this point all I want anymore is fantastic music. I've given up hope for the epic 2014 that I thought we were set to have.

Agreed.

The Beyonce comparisons I kinda understand BUT Madonna hasn't put that kind of effort into the visual aspect of her albums for years....I doubt she would go back to that now....it's extream wishful thinking!

Beyonce still has a lot to prove in that department Madonna has been there done that....and she wouldn't spend loads and loads if time "secretly" making videos ready to drop them.....it's just not her!

She has spent the year piecing together the album....nothing else, yet!

Once the album is done and dusted then she will move into making the visuals....I'm hoping for some kind of preview before Christmas of things to come.....now a surprise first single COULD work and is very plausible.....but in reality, I don't think we will see Madonna surface again util 2015.

applause.gif

I saw an article from billboard posted on my Facebook that said the album is coming out in 2015 now. Don't know if it's true but seems so. Don't know if it was posted already, just wanted to share.

COADF was released in Nov and her tour following was a huge success so I don't get the reason behind releasing the album in the spring because it's "all about the tour"

There was no real source in the Billboard article so I think the album still may be released before the end of the year although I doubt it. If anything, I really think a single will drop sooner than we think. There is just too much tease info from her to wait until next year for a single.

well a single in four n half months (feb)...at least we'll finally get official news before then...i just have to hold on.

it will sell like MDNA did, but the lead single (if it dont leak) will go top five, then tour. the usual.

EDIT: i am totally sad over this now. i know it wasnt supposed to come out this fall but still. at least yah, it wont be so crowded come spring releases.

I'm not so sure about this. Super Bowl + sales bundled with tickets really helped first-week numbers. Unless she's got something huge up her sleeve, it will be tough.

I don't see why releasing it in the spring rather than the Christmas season would necessarily lead to lower sales. If anything, it would be better because there would be less other artists releasing music to compete with. Also, I don't think music for the most part is something people buy as holiday presents. When I buy music, it's always just for me. I never buy music as a present because I either don't know what artists someone would like or if someone is their all time favorite artist they will have already bought the new album for themselves. Most of my closest friends and family know Madonna is my #1 artist and they would never buy her album for me as a holiday present because they know I already bought the first day it came out.

Well, it's just an empirical fact. Sales are significantly higher for everything, including music, in the fourth quarter. It's just true, so you have to accept it. It's not just about buying gifts for other people (although that does happen, despite what you experience in your life). Competition increases sales across the board, so less competition doesn't equal better sales. Again, just a fact. It's been a fact for decades and isn't going to change anytime soon.

Why are many of you so pessimistic about Madonna's approach to the album? She's spent more time on this album than she has on many others and seems to be focusing solely upon it. She also seems super enthusiastic about working with Diplo and other creative people. Besides, while it's tempting to look back at earlier trends, she's always remained relevant by changing tactics and continually surprising us. It's a completely different musical world than it was 10 or even 2 years ago and Madonna realizes that and knows how to adapt to changing trends better than anyone else. Have some more faith in her, please.

Oh my god, of course this era is going to rock!! She was really passionate about W.E. in 2012 so she promoted it a lot. This time it's just the album and by the looks of it a really good album! She's working hard on it. She will want general public to know about it! Just wait and see guys! And yes, the tour will follow up sometime after the album release, but not until Madonna promotes the shit out of it! I think Guy Oseary may have wanted to release the album the way U2 did, but now changed his mind and Madonna decided for the Spring release.

Oh my god, of course this era is going to rock!! She was really passionate about W.E. in 2012 so she promoted it a lot. This time it's just the album and by the looks of it a really good album! She's working hard on it. She will want general public to know about it! Just wait and see guys! And yes, the tour will follow up sometime after the album release, but not until Madonna promotes the shit out of it! I think Guy Oseary may have wanted to release the album the way U2 did, but now changed his mind and Madonna decided for the Spring release.

I love this post.

COADF was released in Nov and her tour following was a huge success so I don't get the reason behind releasing the album in the spring because it's "all about the tour"

There was no real source in the Billboard article so I think the album still may be released before the end of the year although I doubt it. If anything, I really think a single will drop sooner than we think. There is just too much tease info from her to wait until next year for a single.

It might "seem" like there's too much to tease from Madonna latly to wait until next year....but let's not forget she didn't have Instagram in 2011, so there was zero teasing for MDNA....

We all thought the album was finished then it turned out to be a "half baked" cake.

She's just discovered that she can keep her fans posted and the world on what she's uoto through Instagram when she's off the radar.

Just because she's been updating like crazy doesn't mean anything finished, or even "nearly" finished.

But I remember that he played 4 minutes in one of his concerts Dez 2007.

And right after a french radio leaked the song.

Correct me if I'm mistake.

Your right. But little me in summer and fall of 2097 had to wait. Little did I know Tim was gonna play 4 minutes at jingle ball in dec of 2007. Who knew that was gonna happen?

But what I'm trying to say is, at that time, we too had to wait an entire year for new music. :thumbsup:

I don't get how new material that is still in production leaks in the first place. I know there were some drive hacks a while back and that is how various demos and outtakes were leaked (wasn't that how GMAYL came about)....but can't they manage the new material on some secure server and ONLY keep the material there? Limit those who have access and that way If a leak occurs, then they will KNOW it was from someone directly involved and not some outside source. If I were Madonna, I would have my shit on complete lock-down!

Exactly! It's absurd the way so many of these songs are apparently leaking to certain people.Madonna might need to hire another team.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's like there's a whole group now that chat with and support each other. It's really rather cute. :lol:

Same. I think it's cute too. It's like they're a pact!