New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Love the MJ pic. Such a shame the two biggest pop music stars never made a song together, I bet she's regretting it now that he's gone.

Don't think there will be a sample of a MJ song on the new album though, AFAIK Michael's Estate is very strict when it comes to other artists wanting to use his music for their own purpose, not sure M would be granted the permission. If there's a reference, probably in lyrical form.

Is that rumoured "Iconic" song still believed to be real? That one might very well be a song referencing various music legends.

The MJ references on her instagram have me intrigued, and frightened. I hope it's not pointing to something musical.

That weirdo didn't even like her, and if the tables were turned, he would be pretending she didn't even exist.

The MJ references on her instagram have me intrigued, and frightened. I hope it's not pointing to something musical.y

That weirdo didn't even like her, and if the tables were turned, he would be pretending she didn't even exist.

Thank you. This is by far the most intelligent comment on the last 20 pages.

The MJ references on her instagram have me intrigued, and frightened. I hope it's not pointing to something musical.

The weirdo told it to you personnaly? How do you know he didn't like her? Another one of your speculations?

Guest Rachelle of London

The weirdo told it to you personnaly? How do you know he didn't like her? Another one of your speculations?

Runa. It's not even worth it with this one.

Well isn't it a fact that MJ hated Madonna? Didn't he created a special award just because he didn't liked that she was the Artist of the Decade for the 80's? He never said anything positive about her.

Well isn't it a fact that MJ hated Madonna? Didn't he created a special award just because he didn't liked that she was the Artist of the Decade for the 80's? He never said anything positive about her.

yes I too believe he hated her, hell he even named his pet snake after Madonna.

You're talking about ego, here. Not hate.

I don't think he never said anything positive about anyone. It doesn't mean he didn't like her. Maybe. Maybe not.

MJ didn't even want to see his own sister! That was according to his long term bodyguards, so I'm sure he doesn't "hate" his sister. The man was messed up in his head! A big ego head.

Probably a sample will be used or name checks him. Madonna has shown not to be a bitter ass person, always shown nothing but respect eg Smelton John.

I feel like she'll just drop the album as a unit and not fuss too much with lead singles and all that…based on her Instagram it doesn't seem like there's one particular song that's any more significant than others and Beyoncé did well without any lead single

I think that could work. I know people get their panties in a twitch when we talk about Beyonce's album, but the minute that happened I wished Madonna had done it because she's really going to struggle to score a hit single, so why not just avoid that altogether. Let the album be the focus. I'm curious to see what they have up their sleeves though. I hope it's something we all haven't thought of yet, because that's how you'll know it's truly innovative.

Why would it be odd?

Lots of artists release several singles ahead of an album release.

I think if the lead single is strong enough, having it released November/December will be she BEST promo, the newly non-traditional promo Madonna could ever do!

There is anticipation with a 3-4month wait on an album......I think the hype would pay off.

The single is probably not going to be a hit (at least in the U.S.), thereby creating too long of a stretch. Yes, they could release a second single, but that's most effective when it happens right before an album release, which would still leave too long of a break between the first single and the album. Then you start getting into Mariah territory, where it looks like the album is in trouble and they're trying to find a single that will "stick." And for the third time, Nov/Dec is a bad time to release a single for the reasons I explained, just like Jan/Feb is a bad time to release an album. It's rarely done for a reason.

There are no rules, and I can totally see a scenario where Madonna releases her album in January or Febuary. She wouldn't sell any more or less, whether it was November or March. She'll open at #1, and sell significantly more than 150k. If a single is released this year, there is no way in hell, Madonna and Interscope are gonna sit on an album until next March or April., especially if what Diplo said is true, and the first single is practically done.

Not true. Your last point about there being no way in hell M and Interscope are gonna sit on an album until next spring if a single is released this year is true though.

Guest ditaluver

We had to fight..., for new tidbitssssss

In the forum-o all the threads are filled trashhhhh

:laugh: the forum-o

i think something will come to us this year!

OK

yes I too believe he hated her, hell he even named his pet snake after Madonna.

And madonna fans should hate MJ . Hes such a pedophile

:megamanson:

To all of this, especially the last comment. First of, we as Madonna fans already have to suffer from so many uninformed people talking shit about M, let's not do the same with other artists. Inform yourself and think about what you say or let it be.

Oh and Madonna fans are free to like any singer, thanks.

ANYWAY. My question kinda got lost, so I'm gonna put this out here once again - I remember some of the rumours earlier this summer mentioned a song called "Iconic", did we have any "news" on that song lately? M always put that hashtag after she posted pics with MJ and other music stars like 2Pac etc., it definitely looks like this might be a song dedicated to / referencing music legends, kinda similar to Vogue in terms of lyrics.