New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

yes it would be odd to drop the single this year in winter when album comes out next year BUT IT HAS BEEN DONE before so.

and maybe we're wrong and the album is called Unapologetic Bitch? lol

Darling that's what she sounds like when she sings nowadays. Lots of auto-tune by default, combined with altered diaphragmatic movements post childbirth & post-Evita 'proper' singing - of course all sung in the Key of Crow. Deal with it. It has nothing to do with mixing.

Key of Crow. I almost fell off my chair laughing. I've come to appreciate her grown woman voice as well. Sometimes it's just missing a little bit of "force" but oh well. I'm just so grateful she's still making records.

A 2015 release is probably best to give enough time to wrap the next era up in a pretty bow, but I damn sure am not looking forward to a long winter w/o a new Madonna album.

Good things come to those who wait :1251:

Kiesza released her new single produced by Diplo and Skrillex called "Take U There"

Totally reggaeton and I think Madonna's new single will sound something like this.

Unapologetic bitch? you mean ><

ugh I hope that is not the lead single

Kiesza released her new single produced by Diplo and Skrillex called "Take U There"

Totally reggaeton and I think Madonna's new single will sound something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFb1kyS_2k

I think this is not reggaeton....

Guest CzarnaWisnia

No wonder she was stressed last week. She must have put extra hours working on the first single, wanting it to be just so. I wonder if it was the last song they ended with.

Now that the first single is finished,she should immediately film the video.The single and video should be released in late October.

Then,in February 2015 (closer to the March release of the album),she should drop the second single (along with its video).

Bring it on!!

Oh god, I hope she doesn't do a reggae thing and wear those grillz.

I like this idea! January is such a boring month because it seems like nothing interesting gets released and everyone is depressed with having to go back to work after a long holiday and it's cold, snowy, dark and generally depressing. So why not have a Madonna record to liven things up. As you said she could get a higher charting position for longer. And who cares if she sells somewhat less, because she doesn't make money from selling records anyway.

It will not just sell "somewhat less," it will make Britney and Gaga's last albums look like Thriller. A Jan/Feb release is suicide plain and simple. But there's no need to worry about that since that will never, ever happen.

I feel like she'll just drop the album as a unit and not fuss too much with lead singles and all that…based on her Instagram it doesn't seem like there's one particular song that's any more significant than others and Beyoncé did well without any lead single

There are no rules, and I can totally see a scenario where Madonna releases her album in January or Febuary. She wouldn't sell any more or less, whether it was November or March. She'll open at #1, and sell significantly more than 150k. If a single is released this year, there is no way in hell, Madonna and Interscope are gonna sit on an album until next March or April., especially if what Diplo said is true, and the first single is practically done.

I think "Living For Love (Ft Alicia Keys)" will the first single & will released in January followed by the album release in March. The think the rest of the year will be dedicated to finishing the album (mixing & mastering), artwork photoshoot & the video shoot then come January BANG everything will arrive!!!

I also think "Bitch, I'm Madonna" will be the retrospective song Diplo was talking about, either that or possibly "Veni Vidi Vici"?

yes it would be odd to drop the single this year in winter when album comes out next year BUT IT HAS BEEN DONE before so.

and maybe we're wrong and the album is called Unapologetic Bitch? lol

Why would it be odd?

Lots of artists release several singles ahead of an album release.

I think if the lead single is strong enough, having it released November/December will be she BEST promo, the newly non-traditional promo Madonna could ever do!

There is anticipation with a 3-4month wait on an album......I think the hype would pay off.