New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Guest bluejean

I was on the phone with Liz. She was very polite and understanding (not!)

This is a transcript of our conversation:

Liz: Hello?

Me: Hello there. How are you?

Liz: i'm fine.Thank you. Who is this?

Me: I'm calling on behalf of all Madonna fans regarding the release of the..

She hangs up.

Me: Hello? Hello there? Please, answer me.

HAHAHAHAH

Did you actually call her or are you joking?

If so, do you really think someone as busy as her has time to be answering fan questions? Obviously if Madonna wanted to give more information she would.

I think it's pretty obvious: Because fans want the whole world to hear/see/enjoy Madonna's work! There's nothing wrong with that. You can't compare Prince to Madonna. He faded into obscurity a long time ago. But Madonna has the potential to reach beyond just us, and when you love something you want to share it with the world. I personally don't begrudge Madonna for her lack of interest in doing the talk show circuit and a million interviews after 30+ years of that shit, but I do want the world to hear her music.

There's nothing wrong with that, but I just honestly feel like it does not matter. The world already has so much bullshit about her in general. Heavily promoting the album really opens her up to the public again and that's more criticism she would have to put up with, even if the music is BEATLES MICHAEL JACKSON BJORK masterpiece. But everyone feels differently I guess

Maybe she'll release it before it's finished. That would blow Beyonce and U2 away. NTP.

Actually, at the risk of harping on about her any more in this thread, Beyoncé did begin releasing the album before it was finished. We got a semi-release of Grown Woman, and she put out Bow Down, which then became the first half of ***flawless about six months before BEYONCÉ dropped.

Latest news: The album may be out in November if its is ready by then and if Madonna feels ready to release it. Our source tells us that only if those two conditions are met, there could be a 2014 release. Otherwise the album may come in spring 2015 or later. Again, we hear, it all up to Madonna in the end... However our source doesnt rule out Guy Oseary ability to change Madonnas mind. Stay tuned...

I'm Difinately accepting the fact that the album will be out early next year. That just give her and her team to perfect everything and plan accordingly.

I am 99% sure this album will be massive and critically acclaimed. Very excited everyday for her own news of the development of its release. I still think a single will hit the charts and airways before the end of the year. If not, let it will be.

Latest news: The album may be out in November if its is ready by then and if Madonna feels ready to release it. Our source tells us that only if those two conditions are met, there could be a 2014 release. Otherwise the album may come in spring 2015 or later. Again, we hear, it all up to Madonna in the end... However our source doesnt rule out Guy Oseary ability to change Madonnas mind. Stay tuned...

Where has this come from?

Anything she lacks music video visuals-wise she makes up for with the visuals of the tour (see NKM from MDNA) -- where the $$$ is. When she was making her best music videos she didn't have the backdrops she does now, and since DWT there's been that shift. Record companies are decreasing and decreasing budgets for MVs anyway, who buys them?

What Madonna does better than anyone else is photo spreads, there's no one who compares and it is excellent promo on top of marking the image of an era and giving everyone a new avatar. :fag: Remember Interview 2010 coming out of nowhere and the internet was on fire. It was fantastic. She's really good at it and it's more in her element I'm sure than being interviewed by some Dutch guy asking her what Mercy thinks of the Sex book.

Guest Rachelle of London

Anything she lacks music video visuals-wise she makes up for with the visuals of the tour (see NKM from MDNA) -- where the $$$ is. When she was making her best music videos she didn't have the backdrops she does now, and since DWT there's been that shift. Record companies are decreasing and decreasing budgets for MVs anyway, who buys them?

What Madonna does better than anyone else is photo spreads, there's no one who compares and it is excellent promo on top of marking the image of an era and giving everyone a new avatar. :fag: Remember Interview 2010 coming out of nowhere and the internet was on fire. It was fantastic. She's really good at it and it's more in her element I'm sure than being interviewed by some Dutch guy asking her what Mercy thinks of the Sex book.

:clap:

:dead:

I think it's pretty obvious: Because fans want the whole world to hear/see/enjoy Madonna's work! There's nothing wrong with that. You can't compare Prince to Madonna. He faded into obscurity a long time ago. But Madonna has the potential to reach beyond just us, and when you love something you want to share it with the world. I personally don't begrudge Madonna for her lack of interest in doing the talk show circuit and a million interviews after 30+ years of that shit, but I do want the world to hear her music.

EDIT: forgot my slow clap - :laugh:

Grammy anyone? Too soon? :madonna2:

That would be a fantastic place to launch her back with the new single....but she's not nominated for anything and would NEED to perform with a fellow nominee to be allowed to perform.

I hope she does the Brit Awards.

That would be a fantastic place to launch her back with the new single....but she's not nominated for anything and would NEED to perform with a fellow nominee to be allowed to perform.

Coooooll. :stir:

I guess that helps explain why Madonna decided to perform onstage with Gorillaz at the 2006 Grammys - they were nominated and won for best Pop Collaboration.

Guest bluejean

Alicia Keys? She's always a nominee.

Guest bluejean

I guess that helps explain why Madonna decided to perform onstage with Gorillaz at the 2006 Grammys - they were nominated and won for best Pop Collaboration.

Yes that was why and it was stretching the rules abit imo. But thank God.

I want that performance like it's an event!!! I want that nervous feeling before she gives a performance!!! I think some people here just want to see her do some performances. Yes we got the tour but a special TV performances will make me oh so happy! So I hope she does some awards shows.

2015 is okay for the album. I can accept that. Especially since it looks like a busy 4th Quarter 2014 anyway and the album is not finished yet so why rush it.

I suppose 2014 fourth quarter will be U2, One Direction and Adele. Oh well. :bad:

I want Madonna to do a shitload of promo not because I want h er to sell records but because I as a fan can never get enough of getting new interviews, photoshoots and performances :smug:

:thumbsup: Same here. It just adds to the excitement of being a fan!

2015 is okay for the album. I can accept that. Especially since it looks like a busy 4th Quarter 2014 anyway and the album is not finished yet so why rush it.

I suppose 2014 fourth quarter will be U2, One Direction and Adele. Oh well. :bad:

And gaga...oh wait, she doesn't chart anymore...