New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

I can't wait for that sublime moment i will put my headphone on and listen to the album for the very first time. On my bed, alone, eyes closed. Can't wait.

Oh god, I haven't even thought about that. I just got some new headphones, so now I'm even more eager for the album to come out.

Reading some of the last few pages of this forum, reminds me of being in line for a while for a Madonna gig and the fans start arguing and fighting, anyway.....

I love reading interviews and official reviews of M's new music/albums, wondering what the songs will sound like and then when it is finally released, listening to the music for the first time, the snippets of all the MDNA tracks, worried me as I wasn't liking them, wonder if they will do that again for the new album, wonder if anyone will be brave enough to leak or hack in and leak songs...after the arrest of someone for the GMAYL leak, I wonder if that leak had a negative impact on who well the song actually did around the world

nope, American Life and Reinvention Tour were far apart and it worked. so it doesnt matter.

what made that situation unique was that fans were extremely curious about what kind of show she'd put on. that was the first time she had a poorly received and poorly selling album. plus the only tour before that was DWT which lacked hits. so rumors that she was doing a huge amount of old songs as compared to DWT and the curiosity of what kind of show she'd perform is what made the tour successful.

at this stage, her tours are somewhat predictable and her tours are the primary source of revenue which was a stark difference from the decade ago example you cited. this is why it would be more commercially sound to release an album closer to the tour just in case she has another poorly selling album like mdna

i just hope this will be very long record with more than 15 tracks....with few experimental ones...

i badly need new madonna era couse MDNA dont hold me anymore and back up of HC doses are almost dona....

put it out....i need album this year

I still think there is a strong chance we will get something before Christmas.

Not the album, but a single!

The album will properly be completed in a matter of weeks so plenty of time to debut something from it and start building the hype.

That is wishful thinkin though.....but it's still, very possible.

what made that situation unique was that fans were extremely curious about what kind of show she'd put on. that was the first time she had a poorly received and poorly selling album. plus the only tour before that was DWT which lacked hits. so rumors that she was doing a huge amount of old songs as compared to DWT and the curiosity of what kind of show she'd perform is what made the tour successful.

at this stage, her tours are somewhat predictable and her tours are the primary source of revenue which was a stark difference from the decade ago example you cited. this is why it would be more commercially sound to release an album closer to the tour just in case she has another poorly selling album like mdna

I really don't think people are going to see Madonna because of her latest album. She could tour without releasing a new album and she'd still sell out all over the world. She makes new music because she likes to create, and because it gives her something new to perform. The only real explanation I can see for why she wants to do both so closely together is so she can do another ticket bundle.

http://drownedmadonna.com/official-now-madonnas-upcoming-album-released-2015/20140913

"The album will be released when it's finished" - DrownedMadonna

OVWSBcO.jpg

Maybe she'll release it before it's finished. That would blow Beyonce and U2 away. NTP.

I really don't understand the big deal about promoting. I've gotten better with ignoring the hell out of what people say about her music. She's not rihanna, beyonce, or any other current artist. I'm sure prince fans aren't going crazy because he's not promoting. I don't get you all. This is why I don't come on here.

If the album is great (which I'm sure it will be) who tf cares about sales and promo? Madonna has a CORE fanbase that won't let her score below 15,000 in sales in the US and worldwide. Can you guys like...wait for the music?

I did not say anything yesterday but now i'm really pissed off. WHY THE FUCK ALL THESE NEWBIES HAVE A NASTY ATTITUDE ? They've been here for 5 minutes and they act like they own the joint pissing on everybody's boots. I don't remember acting like this when i joined. I guess it' s a question of education or lack of it.

I did not say anything yesterday but now i'm really pissed off. WHY THE FUCK ALL THESE NEWBIES HAVE A NASTY ATTITUDE ? They've been here for 5 minutes and they act like they own the joint pissing on everybody's boots. I don't remember acting like this when i joined. I guess it' s a question of education or lack of it.

Right? It's why I've been avoiding the forum. But I miss you all terribly and coming back

I really don't understand the big deal about promoting. I've gotten better with ignoring the hell out of what people say about her music. She's not rihanna, beyonce, or any other current artist. I'm sure prince fans aren't going crazy because he's not promoting. I don't get you all. This is why I don't come on here.

If the album is great (which I'm sure it will be) who tf cares about sales and promo? Madonna has a CORE fanbase that won't let her score below 15,000 in sales in the US and worldwide. Can you guys like...wait for the music?

I think it's pretty obvious: Because fans want the whole world to hear/see/enjoy Madonna's work! There's nothing wrong with that. You can't compare Prince to Madonna. He faded into obscurity a long time ago. But Madonna has the potential to reach beyond just us, and when you love something you want to share it with the world. I personally don't begrudge Madonna for her lack of interest in doing the talk show circuit and a million interviews after 30+ years of that shit, but I do want the world to hear her music.

Guest Rachelle of London

Thank you.