New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Madonna is definitely not free falling into cultural obscurity. Regardless of whether people love them or hate them, I have read interviews with Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, Pink, Ariana Grande and Sky Ferreira - and they have all talked of their love and admiration for Madonna and wanting a career like she has. I don't judge Madonna on what other stars think of her, but I think it proves that she is front and centre still a much talked about and admired superstar for all ages. These girls are the hottest young stars at the moment and they all adore Madonna - thus proving how much she still dominates pop music. She can get attention like no other star can. There was excited coverage on entertainment shows on Australian tv of her "maybe doing a promo tour" She is definitely not on the outer when it comes to public interest.

I think you missed the point Kim....this is not about her touring status, for with that, she is still the ultimate draw....people hear that Madonna is coming to town and they want to see her as she has long established herself as a phenomenal performer and shes has a back catalog that most pop stars would commit several murders for. Madonna's name alone will most certainly sell concert tickets. No one mentioned the MDNA Tour, as obviously touring is most certainly not an issue for her. That is a kingdom she effortlessly and easily dominates. Also, I don't believe that anyone is saying that she doesn't know what to do, obviously much of her career success has been based on her ability to master-market her brand, sound and image. I think most people are in agreement that given her promotional effort, she can achieve another album/chart success. That was the only point being made, no need to get so testy :)

As mentioned, I am referring mostly to the US market. The MDNA ALBUM topped the charts and then plummeted as if it never existed. This was due to her core fan base obtaining their copies, the general public probably didn't even know it was out, there was no radio support or anything to hold it up so it just basically disappeared. Everyone mentions COADF as the last time she properly promoted an album, and this may be true for non-US markets, but in the US, most people were unaware of it, despite Hung Up dominating the charts around the world. If another album success means anything to her, she knows what to do, but only if she really cares to. At this point, no one is catching up to her sales records, so in the end, her effort to sell is strictly up to her own ambition and focus. It would just be another notch in her glorious belt....it certainly has nothing to do with money. She can go on tour for 5-6 months and make a half a billion dollars...so, no one is gonna go hungry in the Ciccone household.

And sadly, many people I talk to never hear or pay any mind to the music and philanthropic projects she has consistently delivered in the past decade, the US media tends to only focus on her private life, appearance, etc, and so sadly, that is what many Americans know of her. I had one friend say to me the other day "Madonna still releases music? I thought she retired after kissing Britney Spears.....". I hear ignorant shit like that ALL the time.... Someone else said "I never hear about Madonna anymore...the only time I ever hear her name is when you post something about her on Facebook." It's frustrating as in the US, her grille will garner more media attention than her next brilliant single.....

Um you made all sorts of baiting references to tabloid fodder and pop culture obscurity. None of that is conducive to a woman putting millions of bums on seats based on her name alone (and everyone at this point knows they're not getting a back catalogue /greatest hits show when they're buying that ticket either) So don't bother trying to separate the two, either she's pop culture poison... or she's not.

As for the rest...HEARD IT. It's Madonna's choice. When she starts panicking about her career, and starts caring what Joe Bloggs on facebook has to say...then maybe I will too.

Jeez.... seems like ya can`t trade in the grey areas here.... There`s an almighty split right down the centre.. It feels like its either gotta be black or white on almost every premise....... Too many people here take the high ground too quick at was are perfectly reasonable postings, even if they are in the wrong thread.... :scared:

Because you're new.

If you'd read the same thing, from the same people, for years and years...you may think differently.

Madonna is definitely not free falling into cultural obscurity. Regardless of whether people love them or hate them, I have read interviews with Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, Pink, Ariana Grande and Sky Ferreira - and they have all talked of their love and admiration for Madonna and wanting a career like she has. I don't judge Madonna on what other stars think of her, but I think it proves that she is front and centre still a much talked about and admired superstar for all ages. These girls are the hottest young stars at the moment and they all adore Madonna - thus proving how much she still dominates pop music. She can get attention like no other star can. There was excited coverage on entertainment shows on Australian tv of her "maybe doing a promo tour" She is definitely not on the outer when it comes to public interest.

No one disagrees with this....geesh...people certainly take things to another level around here. The "pop culture obscurity" comment was in reference to the MDNA album, it topped the US charts but then disappeared altogether. No is questioning her star power or relevance, the topic was simply: "Can Madonna have another hit album?"...and the answer most gave was: "Yes, if she cares to promote it". She certainly has the star power to do so. There isn't a television show or magazine on the planet that she will ever have to beg to be on (except anything Pierce Morgan is associated with...lol). She simply has to take the time and effort to get out there, IF SHE WANTS TO.....

Also, everyone keeps proving my point with their headline examples, Madonna makes headlines for hating a crappy type of flower, dating 24 year olds and wearing grilles. The US media loves to paint her in a very negative light and so there are many Americans out there who only ever hear ridiculous and negative things about her. They see TMZ blasting an unflattering shot of her across their main-page with some unsavory gossip attached to it. In days gone by, the salacious gossip was counterbalanced by her music dominating the radio and MTV....today, most people only hear the gossip, if anything at all.

Um you made all sorts of baiting references to tabloid fodder and pop culture obscurity. None of that is conducive to a woman putting millions of bums on seats based on her name alone (and everyone at this point knows they're not getting a back catalogue /greatest hits show when they're buying that ticket either) So don't bother trying to separate the two, either she's pop culture poison... or she's not.

As for the rest...HEARD IT. It's Madonna's choice. When she starts panicking about her career, and starts caring what Joe Bloggs on facebook has to say...then maybe I will too.

I did not...you have this mentality that I, or other members, are always being negative towards Madonna. I made NO baiting references, please read again. I gave perfect examples to every thing I said, and NONE of it was to insult or degrade Madonna in any way shape or form. In FACT, your point is the EXACT same point I was making...that MADONNA CAN HAVE A HIT RECORD IF SHE WANTS TO.....this was never a question about her relevancy or status in pop culture. She is a legend, a Queen...the ultimate Goddess of pop, and everyone knows this, whether they like her or not.

You, my friend, are the reason I avoided coming here for months. Anything I say and the KIM POLICE is there to piss all over it, bitter, jaded, ignorant and nasty as always, as if he is the ultimate Madonna "fan-friend" police. Try and read without already making up your mind that what is being written is negative for you are truly missing the point.

So what point are you making Cmoody? Madonna can promote...if she wants to? I think we're all in agreement, UH.

YES! Then WHY are you thinking that I am saying otherwise??

Not surprised at all it is a 2015 release... with such little time left to promote, lead single, etc, it doesn't make much sense for 2014 at this point... too bad she couldn't have an initial single added to a high profile movie for a release that way, then another single done as the lead single! (like True Blue or American Life albums)

They're quoting "a representative", which would most likely be Liz Rosenberg.

They didn't quote her but they quoted GO saying she was having fun.

Ugh. I just want to know when to expect it because all this confusion is causing me stress and I blame this all on my erectile dysfunction.

Even Billboard have changed there minds from 2014 to 2015!

They're quoting "a representative", which would most likely be Liz Rosenberg.

You, my friend, are the reason I avoided coming here for months. Anything I say and the KIM POLICE is there to piss all over it, bitter, jaded, ignorant and nasty as always, as if he is the ultimate Madonna "fan-friend" police. Try and read without already making up your mind that what is being written is negative for you are truly missing the point.

Oh grow the fuck up with your revisionist crap. You left after having a hissy-fit when other members started calling you a MALE PROSTITUTE. Nothing at all to do with me.

Everyone who limped over here from Madonnatribe got the same treatment when their opening posts consisted of the same level of "moan moan moan".

You need to learn to make your point, however negative, and then understand that not everyone is going to wank over it in agreement, cos this is like...a fan site and not ur old home of Madonnatribe.

hahahahahaha.... now that is a problem ya need to overcome..........

It's just tired and confused. We get some rumours or song titles and it goes hard. Then someone says it's not out til next year and it goes soft. Too much to handle.

I just want some solid news!!!

It's just tired and confused. We get some rumours or song titles and it goes hard. Then someone says it's not out til next year and it goes soft. Too much to handle.

I just want some solid news!!!

Call her, say you are from Rolling Stone UK or something, they will love the british accent, it's still working hours in the US

Oh grow the fuck up with your revisionist crap. You left after having a hissy-fit when other members started calling you a MALE PROSTITUTE. Nothing at all to do with me.

Everyone who limped over here from Madonnatribe got the same treatment when their opening posts consisted of the same level of "moan moan moan".

You need to learn to make your point, however negative, and then understand that not everyone is going to wank over it in agreement, cos this is like...a fan site and not ur old home of Madonnatribe.

I think you have me mistaken for someone else Kim.

I never came from MT. I registered there, but felt it was too busy to keep up with so I never returned. This is the only forum I have ever kept up with or posted on.

Also, I must have missed when people were calling me a male prostitute, but that would certainly not make me leave the forum as it is not true...it was the constant disrespect and attitude of certain members. I PM'd you bud, let's take this off the board if you don't mind.

Liz has been working for 30+ yrs, I'm sure she knows the people at rolling stone. But her contact info has been available for a long time

It isn't the first time a fan has contacted her...