New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Guest Rachelle of London
He didn't assume no one would buy U2's new album. If you're trying to say Guy Oseary looks at his 2 biggest acts with no faith you're wrong, obviously!
Guy Oseary knows that the money is NOT on buying albums...who the hell sells more then 3 million albums per year now?
Streaming is the present/future...and Guy knows that. People know U2 has a new album.
And what does this promotional strategy has anything to do with Guy Oseary needing "to realize that even those singers who have been around for decades can still come off as fresh and exciting"?
The so called new singers sell like 1 or 2 singles on itunes (which is decreasing in relevance by the day) and barely sell albums or tours and their main fanbase are teens. U2 don't need to have that kind of promotion for sure.
Relevance nowadays it's about tours, streamings, social networks, youtube views, etc...not those 2 million albums sold. Why do you think more and more acts are not even with a record company like Madonna and U2? Because it's secondary for them...it's not important to be affiliated with one.
And one more thing...am i the only one that have a feeling we're gonna have an evolution from the MDNA strategy? The ticket + album think? Maybe turn that into something international? Dunno. They will come up with something i'm sure.

:clap:

I feel like the album is coming out this year. The new rules are no rules. This is the digital era, and a record can drop at any time.

I'm sure Interscope, and Live Nation have some U2 type of deal in the works for Madonna, that will guarantee a certain amount of sales and exposure, for them and her. No one over there is wasting their time looking for a particular Tuesday in March to drop her record, just so she can sell a grand total of 300 thousand records in a week. That's old school thinking. ;)

I'm beginning to feel the same way! I bet there is some behind-the-scenes negotiating going on,to get this album released before the end of the year.Maybe Madonna will surprise the world and release the album on Thanksgiving Day.I just have a feeling that Guy will come up with a unique,attention-grabbing strategy to release the album.He did it for U2,and Madonna will surely demand that he do something special for her album,too.

http://observer.com/2014/09/madonna-boom-theres-your-party-last-night-nyfw-day-8/

From PopJustice:

"I found a girl at tumblr who sneaked into the Jeremy Scott after party and asked her about Diplo´s Dj-set and the rumored Madonna tracks. This is what she answered:

"They were SO good! They were really danceable, Madonna looked pleased."

This is earth-shattering!

http://observer.com/2014/09/madonna-boom-theres-your-party-last-night-nyfw-day-8/

From PopJustice:

"I found a girl at tumblr who sneaked into the Jeremy Scott after party and asked her about Diplo´s Dj-set and the rumored Madonna tracks. This is what she answered:

"They were SO good! They were really danceable, Madonna looked pleased."

:madgemanson:

Maybe the album will be on BitTorrent ala #secretproject

#NonTraditionalPromo

thats what i've been saying! that way u can do what u want without youtube censoring you *ala girl gone wild* and we can see exactly where 'holy water' comes from.

Billboard :

Fall Album Preview: 72 Anticipated Releases | Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6229383 ... s?i=529916

Madonna

Title and Release Date TBD

Madonna has been teasing fans through her Instagram account that new music is coming, but few official details have surfaced beyond those revealed by recent Billboard cover boy Diplo (who has already contributed four or five songs) and hookups with Avicii and Natalia Kills. Expect some reference, however, to “Unapologetic Bitch,” a phrase Madonna has been hashtagging all summer, and perhaps some sort of collaboration with recent V magazine cover co-star Katy Perry

That Billboard thing has been in those webpages for weeks. They are just gathering some info from forums.

About Guy O treating U2 as a dated band... as much as i think that Guy O has only been positive for Madonna's bank account and i don't like his methds, i don't agree with that.

Besides, U2 last album, released in 2009, sold more than 5 million copies! They are anything but DATED.

I cant believe some people still write off Madonna quite easily. She cant/will never sell ROL numbers? Well the same was said pre ROL. I remember a publication about the most successful singers in 1996 and they were praising all the other singers except Madonna. When they commented her, it was said that she has been extremely successful, but clearly her best years are behind her. Then ROL came. The same happened in 2004-2005 and then COADF came.

In short, in my opinion, if the material is brilliant and she is inspired and true to herself, success and numbers would come.

Guy Oseary knows exactly what he's doing, which is why he's working for Madonna and U2. He knows the business inside and out, and fully respects them as artists, as well as their artistic legacies. Big record sales are great, but both U2 and Madonna are well past their sales peaks. Artistically Madonna can soar as high as she wants too, but she will never sell ROL numbers for an album again. The general audience for pop music, and dance in particular, is young, and they don't care about her like that.

Madonna is always ahead of the curve, and she figured that out years ago, which is why she signed with Live Nation in the first place.

Touring is where the real money in music is made, and she pretty much slays everyone. Every pop star on the planet would trade places with her in a minute. She is where they all want to be. I'm sure Madonna would love to get another U.S number one, but it's not an obsession of hers, the way it is for so many of her forum managers. The fact that this woman still gets number one albums in multiple countries, is absolutely astounding. With the right mix of radio spins, and payola, I have no doubt she can, and will get that number one single...at some point.

I can't wait to see what Guy has in store for her, because the meltdowns will be glorious.;)

Loving this post!

I have always felt Guy gets a very hard time!

He's always so respectful to fans, he really went above and beyond at the MDNAconcerts to listen and reach out.

But Madonna isn't a new artist. She's a legend who's literally done it all.....and it doesn't matter who's managing her in 2013, Madonna will do what she wants....she's earned that, and she found a new found freedom when she signed I LiveNation, more freedom on how to handle her music career!

That's the promo vs non-traditional debate!

I still think traditional promo is the best for an artist like Madonna, she is to be seen and heard....so I would love something like the Confessions era to be rolled out....

I do think attention will be paid as to when the albums released.....although I don't think it's necessary, but I'm sure Madonna will still want a big opening week and a number1, and to get to that it needs a certain amount of setting up, not just dropped from the sky.

I hope this fall something is put out to hype up the album.

I cant believe some people still write off Madonna quite easily. She cant/will never sell ROL numbers? Well the same was said pre ROL. I remember a publication about the most successful singers in 1996 and they were praising all the other singers except Madonna. When they commented her, it was said that she has been extremely successful, but clearly her best years are behind her. Then ROL came. The same happened in 2004-2005 and then COADF came.

In short, in my opinion, if the material is brilliant and she is inspired and true to herself, success and numbers would come.

No one is writing her off. Madonna is, and will continue to be successful, but expecting her to surpass her peak years is naive, and delusional. Madonna has released 5 albums since ROL, and none of them have outsold it. They were all strong albums, and in some respects better than ROL, but that didn't make them sell any more. Madonna is not 40, she's 56, and to the general public, OLD. Radio doesn't play her, and I doubt that will change with the release of this new record of electro dance pop. Every artist peaks commercially, and Madonna passed that stage years ago. Her new album could be brilliant, and I certainly hope it is, but that won't necessarily translate into record sales. Touring is where she will rule them all. People need to stop obsessing over the charts, and comparing her stats to people old enough to be her children. It smacks of insecurity, and it's demeaning to Madonna, and her legacy. She's been there, done that, and has moved on. :thumbsup:

No one is writing her off. Madonna is, and will continue to be successful, but expecting her to surpass her peak years is naive, and delusional. Madonna has released 5 albums since ROL, and none of them have outsold it. They were all strong albums, and in some respects better than ROL, but that didn't make them sell any more. Madonna is not 40, she's 56, and to the general public, OLD. Radio doesn't play her, and I doubt that will change with the release of this new record of electro dance pop. Every artist peaks commercially, and Madonna passed that stage years ago. Her new album could be brilliant, and I certainly hope it is, but that won't necessarily translate into record sales. Touring is where she will rule them all. People need to stop obsessing over the charts, and comparing her stats to people old enough to be her children. It smacks of insecurity, and it's demeaning to Madonna, and her legacy. She's been there, done that, and has moved on. :thumbsup:

Best post in a long time! Agree with every word.

I like Guy O's sense of music biz and thought his U2 iTunes deal was brilliant! One can't be stupid to be chosen by the biggest money-making music acts namely M & U2 as their managers. I'm super excited about what's in store for his first and longtime boss in the coming months!

That Billboard thing has been in those webpages for weeks. They are just gathering some info from forums.

About Guy O treating U2 as a dated band... as much as i think that Guy O has only been positive for Madonna's bank account and i don't like his methds, i don't agree with that.

Besides, U2 last album, released in 2009, sold more than 5 million copies! They are anything but DATED.

Well I didn't say U2 are dated. That was my argument that they shouldn't be treated as such. All I really want is for Madonna to come at the world with a storm! I want this era to be full of awesome promotion to remind people of her royal power! And yes I know, she doesn't need to prove herself. She is the Queen of pop after all. But more positive Madonna exposure in media would only serve her well!!

Anyone who writes off M or thinks that she cant have another No1 , or sell shit loads of albums is assuming way too much.... Don`t ever underestimate her... Media and fans alike have been doing it for 30 years and she`s still way ahead of the game in so many ways.

Because she is like no other in her field, she can push harder and ensure this new Era is just as strong as any of the other peeks that she`s attained.....

M, is a true one off.. Unique.... No one compares to, or has achieved what she has.. She is the marker for everyone who follows a similar path.. But they will never exceed her track record, both artistically, or in terms of sales, and she still has it in her to hit a home run again....

In order to keep people hooked on the past you have to provide a bridge from the future, So the new music has to have some staying power and be authentic Madonna.... When M is on her game, no one can touch her....!

I still believe it comes down to two things, re M getting huge sales and No 1 records, (whish I feel is still attainable all over Europe); and that is, the music has to be quality. Substance over style......!

"Classic Madonna and Innovation" The two ingredients she`s used time and again to produce music that reminds the public and her diverse collective of fans just how versatile,tenacious and talented this women is...

The promotion is paramount.!!!!!!......... If she can`t get her music on the radio, then she needs it all over the TV... Talk show performances, X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing.. BGT whatever....!.... As long as there are big audiences getting the opportunity to re-connect with M and the music is accessible, she will sell........

Anyone who believes she doesn't need Both of these things in order to secure future bums on seats at concerts is way off the mark....... Even Jesus Christ would need across the board promo if he showed up tmrw with an album to market... .. .

Absolutely agree with you!! If this era starts out rich with creativity and freaking amazing album, with Madonna being talked about in media and her busy with promotion schedule, she has a great potential to outdo anything previously done! It is possible, but only through an extensive amount of exposure. Facebook special is not enough. She needs to be everywhere. She has nothing else going on but music this time around. I don't see why not celebrate this era to its fullest. The problem I have with Guy is that he is mostly focusing on tours. I know that's where the money is. I just want Madonna to be exposed more in media so that average person wouldn't bitch that she's not popular anymore. I want more people to notice the Queen. More people to talk about her. There is nothing wrong wishing for this.

Anyone who writes off M or thinks that she cant have another No1 , or sell shit loads of albums is assuming way too much.... Don`t ever underestimate her... Media and fans alike have been doing it for 30 years and she`s still way ahead of the game in so many ways.

Because she is like no other in her field, she can push harder and ensure this new Era is just as strong as any of the other peeks that she`s attained.....

M, is a true one off.. Unique.... No one compares to, or has achieved what she has.. She is the marker for everyone who follows a similar path.. But they will never exceed her track record, both artistically, or in terms of sales, and she still has it in her to hit a home run again....

In order to keep people hooked on the past you have to provide a bridge from the future, So the new music has to have some staying power and be authentic Madonna.... When M is on her game, no one can touch her....!

I still believe it comes down to two things, re M getting huge sales and No 1 records, (whish I feel is still attainable all over Europe); and that is, the music has to be quality. Substance over style......!

"Classic Madonna and Innovation" The two ingredients she`s used time and again to produce music that reminds the public and her diverse collective of fans just how versatile,tenacious and talented this women is...

The promotion is paramount.!!!!!!......... If she can`t get her music on the radio, then she needs it all over the TV... Talk show performances, X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing.. BGT whatever....!.... As long as there are big audiences getting the opportunity to re-connect with M and the music is accessible, she will sell........

Anyone who believes she doesn't need Both of these things in order to secure future bums on seats at concerts is way off the mark....... Even Jesus Christ would need across the board promo if he showed up tmrw with an album to market... .. .

Exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Love this post. But does Guy Oseary have what it takes to accomplish this? That's the question.

I think G O will have had to re-think his strategy after MDNA.. Is Madonna really gonna sit back and not push for the best possible means of exposure this time around .. I don`t believe that she`s no longer interested in chart positions and sales...Ultimately , anyone who records music, wants it heard and appreciated by as many people as possible. Plus, they need it to be in order to secure future interest in tours..... I don't accept for a second that she would allow or chase a repeat of the MDNA marketing structure.. She sure aint stoopid. One mistake, is one mistake too many......

She has to much at stake to let G O not push this album hard n fast.. If indeed it was his idea and not M`s the last time around......

i guess after HC and MDNA albums which i like we are going to get again masterpiece album as COADF and ROL were. not saying that MUSIC and AL were not. just AL pissed off a lot of usa nlo bush patriotic ones and it reflected on markets....still without unbeliveble sales it is great concept album. somehow i think she ll go again in direction of pro piece message after all this secret project thing but on global level. even the song as Get Stupid could be example what she needs to do. (when i m talking about messages)

she needs to fire also Steven Klein couse he is passe as William Orbit....

i guess DIPLO is new STUART PRICE or MIRWAIS in this case...Avicii dropped same as Orbit dropped before....and she found new direction with Diplo.

i hope we ll get serious engaging music finally without lollypop flavour couse she need to prove again that she is on top. whatever we think about MDNA it didnt gave that taste afterall...