New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

As an example, I think Mikey's wrecking ball video certainly had something to do with the song's ultimate success. I don't like it, but just sayin' ...

agreed. otherwise no one would be talking about the song. the parodies of the video made it go viral. maybe madonna needs to come up with something more visual in her songs that could easily turn into something viral so she gets youtube views which ultimately leads to more publicity for the music and more potential tour revenue

The North American shows for MDNA sold out a lot faster than the WW dates...no news there. Why do you think MDNA sold-out even faster then S&S in the USA? It just happened? Or why were tickets available right after the Superbowl? All of this was because of her tour. It wasn't a coincidence and i'm sure everyone knows the Superbowl was to promote the tour...or was that a secret? o_O

I'm not saying that if she announces a tour tomorrow that it wouldn't sell out. Obviously it would. (i think?) But it wouldn't be that craziness like it was right after the Superbowl.

So you will loose sleep if the next tour sold out 30 seconds later than MDNA?

OK. :bad:

Madonna is going to have to pull something out of the hat to promote this album. MDNA sold well in my eyes but it was all about the Super Bowl and showing people who are casual fans that she still is a force to be reckoned with. I think it's the same with the MDNA Tour, let's not forget that it earned less with more shows than Sticky & Sweet, so that shows that they were realistic in booking venues that were smaller to sell them out. She needs to gain interest in the casual fans again with promo if she wants to sell the album and the tour. She needs to do a promo tour at least, the last thing I want is a Britney or Mariah disaster!

MDNA sold somewhere in the 525-550k range in the US. Let's be realistic here, 3 yrs on, even WITH a hit single matching those numbers will be impressive. Like Madonna, Britney and Mariah both have dedicated fan bases and both of their albums did have a minor hit on them and look at their numbers. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but we REALLY shouldn't be expecting her to blow it out the water with a 400k debut and up to 800k 2 months later. Sorry, just don't think it's gonna be that way even if the album is classic caliber. There are going to be so many meltdowns and theories around here......lol. MTribe and TOS will probably just shut down.....lmao.

I read 3 pages. That's 3 minutes of my life i won't be getting back :(

And reading some comments, here, it's as if Madonna won't have another radio hit ever. :megamanson:

Can we please stop going all Hatsumomo and be so high/so down and stay in the middle, where she's beautiful, work on a new album and ready to create the perfect single?

UGH.

^^^ this ALWAYS fucking happens. ALWAYS and it will never change. It's just a nice warning the albums about to drop when the meltdowns go into serious overdrive. So, albums not coming yet :lol:

I don't recall this in previous releases. I think that this is the first time that we are having loads of little info during the process and that's why people jump to so many conclusions.

There's a meltdown for every kind of info, for god's sake. Since Avicii got on board, then Diplo, then that Natalia, then the Katy Perry rumor, then the Miley Cyrus, then people wanting the album in september, then moaning because there won't be enough promo, then those silly sites giving misleading info...

What's the use?

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Isn't that the point of fan forums? A meltdown is just a normal day on a Madonna fan forum, yet people like to use the word and throw it around even though it doesn't mean anything.

I care about is the music and in what way it's utilized. I'll be interested to see how she incorporates the social platforms she's experimented with into the album itself. There aren't too many pop artists around ballsy enough to put their material on Bittorrent and not make fans pay for it.

Guest bluejean

I know I've been saying this for years now but I think an album length film would be amazing. And no I don't mean individual vanity videos for every song like Beyonce. I mean an actual film/narrative set to the album like Pink Floyd's The Wall.

I know I've been saying this for years now but I think an album length film would be amazing. And no I don't mean individual vanity videos for every song like Beyonce. I mean an actual film/narrative set to the album like Pink Floyd's The Wall.

I would die so they can't do that cause then I'd miss the tour

I remember there was a major meltdown during the HC era from the announcement of the producers to the leakage of CS & BGO demos...

Oh yes.....more than a few of her fans here formed their opinions on that album months before it was ever released.

I've been wanting her to do something like this for years as well. COADF would've been a fantastic album for this, as would ROL......just imagine what they could've come up with for a song like Mer Girl.

Although music videos are album promo of sorts, I don't place it in the same bucket with interviews, award show appearances etc. Being an old school fan, Madonna never did that stuff anyways......seeing her interviewed or on award shows was not a common thing at her peak. Even though videos don't have the impact they once did, I still think they are important for her because she's such a visual artist. They are a part of the album/tour package IMO. Interviews etc are nice but they have nothing to do with the art. I don't think she has EVER really enjoyed that part of it. She doesn't have time for the same stupid questions over and over and to be perfectly honest I don't think she cares too much for performing at award shows either. Generally speaking she seems far more relaxed at her own shows.

The whole music industry has screwed up thinking that magazine and TV interviews aren't needed anymore because everyones on twitter and Facebook - but only die hards tune in to online stuff.

Press and TV reach an audience that aren't fans and helps encourage the floating voters to buy the record. This is one reason why MDNA was such a disaster. With no really strong break out tracks most people (who don't live and die by M's releases) didn't even know there was a record out! If they missed the Superbowl (as most did in the UK) they wouldn't have seen anything else about the album at all.

Do magazine interviews! And talk to the gays while you are at it! Where the gays go the rest follows!

In all fairness MDNA wasn't really a "disaster." A disaster is not selling 2 million copies world wide. Which is only a million less than Beyonce. A disaster = Me I am..... lol

That's 2 million with practically no promotion nor focus on some of her best selling areas too: Europe and S. America. She probably could have sold about the same as Beyonce if she had a decent sized WW hit. I'm sure there are a lot of artists who would takes Madonna's "disasters" over their own releases

I don't think it was a dissaster either. It lacked of a big first single, that's all. That big first single means reaching a wider audience, and that's why it maybe sold less.

Agreed!

The issue is Madonnas albums now for the general public ONLY have 1song, the "lead".

That's why it's got to be spot on otherwise it overshadows the album.

The recent title leaks inspired me to sum-up the leaks of the last 2 eras.

Hard Candy leaks timeline

• 21 July 2007: DrownedMadonna leaks the title and lyrics of "Candy Shop"
  • 27 July 2007: A 17-second clip of "Candy Shop" leaks
  • 22 August 2007: The full "Beat Goes On" demo leaks
  • 9 September 2007: "Candy Shop" leaks in full
  • 19 November 2007: MadonnaTribe reveals the titles of 5 songs: "4 Minutes to Save the World", "Across the Sky", "Even the Devil Wouldn't Recognize You", "Dance Tonight" and "Miles Away"
  • 4 December 2007: DrownedMadonna reveals the titles of 3 songs: "Give It to Me", "She's Not Me" and "Feel It in My Heartbeat"
  • 28 February 2008: Australian journalist Sonia Kruger reveals the full album tracklist
  • 1 March 2008: A radio rip of "4 Minutes" leaks after a French radio station airs the song
  • 6 March 2008: DrownedMadonna leaks the lyrics of "Dance Tonight"
  • 7 March 2008: DrownedMadonna leaks 3 screen caps from the "4 Minutes" video

NB: Madonna started working on the album in January 2007. It was released internationally on 28 April 2008. Until September 2007, it was widely assumed that the album would be released in Q4 of 2007, though MadonnaTribe did report back in May 2008 that the album wouldn't be released until early 2008.

MDNA leaks timeline

• 28 October 2011: Madonnarama reports that the lead single is called "Give Me All Your Love". A few hours later, MadonnaTribe reports that Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. are both featured on the song.
  • 1 November 2011: Madonnarama leaks the lyrics of "Give Me All Your Love"
  • 7 November 2011: Madonnarama reveals the title of "Girls Gone Wild"
  • 9 November 2011: The "Give Me All Your Love" demo leaks.
  • 1 December 2011: Madonnarama reveals the title of "Masterpiece"
  • 3 December 2011: "Masterpiece" leaks
  • 11 December 2011: 50 Cent reveals that "Girls Gone Wild" will be the second single off the album
  • 22 December 2011: Madonnarama reveals the title of "Turn Up the Radio"
  • 23 December 2011: MadonnaTribe reveals the title of "Birthday Song".
  • 26 December 2011: DrownedMadonna reveals the title and full lyrics of the "Bang Bang" demo.
  • 28 February 2012: MadonnaTribe reveals the full and final tracklists of the Standard and Deluxe editions.
  • 4 March 2012: The lyrics of the "I Don't Give A" bridge and the spoken part of "Gang Bang" are leaked by the NY Post.
  • 19 March 2012: DrownedMadonna leaks the full lyrics of "Gang Bang"

NB: Madonna started working on the album in July 2011. It was released internationally on 26 March 2012.

The recent title leaks inspired be to sum-up the leaks of the last 2 eras.

• 19 November 2007: MadonnaTribe reveals the titles of 5 songs: "4 Minutes to Save the World", "Across the Sky", "Even the Devil Wouldn't Recognize You", "Dance Tonight" and "Miles Away"
  • 4 December 2007: DrownedMadonna reveals the titles of 3 songs: "Give It to Me", "She's Not Me" and "Feel It in My Heartbeat"
  • 28 February 2008: Australian journalist Sonia Kruger reveals the full album tracklist
  • 1 March 2008: A radio rip of "4 Minutes" leaks after a French radio station airs the song
NB: Madonna started working on the album in January 2007. It was released internationally on 28 April 2008. Until September 2007, it was widely assumed that the album would be released in Q4 of 2007, though MadonnaTribe did report back in May 2008 that the album wouldn't be released until early 2008.

MDNA leaks timeline

• 28 October 2011: Madonnarama reports that the lead single is called "Give Me All Your Love". A few hours later, MadonnaTribe reports that Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. are both featured on the song.
  • 11 December 2011: P. Diddy reveals that "Girls Gone Wild" will be the second single off the album
  • 26 December 2011: DrownedMadonna reveals the title and full lyrics of the "Bang Bang" demo.
  • 28 February 2012: MadonnaTribe reveals the full and final tracklists of the Standard and Deluxe editions.
  • 4 March 2012: The lyrics of the "I Don't Give A" bridge and the spoken part of "Gang Bang" are leaked by the NY Post.
NB: Madonna started working on the album in July 2011. It was released internationally on 26 March 2012.

The recent title leaks inspired be to sum-up the leaks of the last 2 eras.

MDNA leaks timeline

• 11 December 2011: P. Diddy reveals that "Girls Gone Wild" will be the second single off the album

Madonna spent less than a year on making MDNA, and much of that time was spent editing WE which was a massive job....

By the time we get this album he would if spent a full year putting it together with no other projects.

I'm super excited....I blame WE for the rushed MDNA.

Is the Anna Henstridge on popjustice the original Anna?

She has said Madonna has changed her mind on something...

No, the original Anna Henstridge never posted anywhere but the DrownedMadonna forum, then known as the MadonnaFanzine.

No, the original Anna Henstridge never posted anywhere but the DrownedMadonna forum, then known as the MadonnaFanzine.

Ok cool, thanks I thought as much. Thought it odd she would reappear there and not a Madge forum !!