New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

If she wants bums on seats, she needs to let the general buyer to know she's out there. We fans know she will be touring. Super Bowl was a huge AD for her MDNA tour and it worked.

Mini TV specials for US and Europe to promote and get that general public to buy your tour tickets.

End of the day it's the quality of the music that matters, that will get bums on seats.

On a personal level, I always love it when Madonna makes wonderful and innovative video clips for her singles. It might not be important in the scheme of things now but it is always something that she has excelled at. To this day, I can watch earlier video clips of hers and still love them with a passion. It is also something that is there for all time to look back on and admire. Loved the video clips for GMAYL and Girl gone Wild and I feel she most likely will make some great video clips for the new album as well.

:thumbsup:

Who doesn't know who Madonna is? I don't see that she needs to promote her name.

People know who she is...but i'm sure they won't be talking about her out of the blue.

What's the problem with a great performance once in a while?

Imagine if she had done a Girl Gone Wild performance like on tour...same choreo and everything in a few countries (USA, UK). It would've done wonders for her!

Do you think she sold out her US leg from MDNA just because she's Madonna? That Superbowl performance was the biggest help she ever had. That's the reason she had a much bigger demand from the USA compared to...let's say, Europe.

No secret there.

on some levels i see everyones points and take them in...

i just want madonna to be a huge success and the public giving her the props she FINALLY deserves!!! True she dont owe us shit even if we be fans forever, shes her own woman, her art is in everything she does...i hate hearing "i didnt even know she had an album out (mdna)" or "shes just a touring act now"...guess she dont care, why should i, but at least one time let the iron be hot and let her strike like her pussy is on fire!! and just burn the world!

People know who she is...but i'm sure they won't be talking about her out of the blue.

What's the problem with a great performance once in a while?

Imagine if she had done a Girl Gone Wild performance like on tour...same choreo and everything in a few countries (USA, UK). It would've done wonders for her!

Do you think she sold out her US leg from MDNA just because she's Madonna? That Superbowl performance was the biggest help she ever had. That's the reason she had a much bigger demand from the USA compared to...let's say, Europe.

No secret there.

I'm not against a performance, That would be great! Sure she should promote when she has something to promote like a new album, but I don't think she has to be on tv just for the sake of it to tell everyone she is still famous. I like it that she's not everywhere like some celebrities. You get sick of them and want them to just go away. I like it that her appearances are a little rare. It makes it more exciting when they do happen.

I'm not against a performance, That would be great! Sure she should promote when she has something to promote like a new album, but I don't think she has to be on tv just for the sake of it to tell everyone she is still famous. I like it that she's not everywhere like some celebrities. You get sick of them and want them to just go away. I like it that her appearances are a little rare. It makes it more exciting when they do happen.

What she does best is performing. Going on Tv to do that is not about showing "oh look at me still famous", or even doing talk shows.

That promo tour she did for Ray Of Light in November/December? Brought the album to the top 10 everywhere in europe and made that album sell A HELL of a lot more during that fall.

When she did Hung Up at the EMA's...i swear she was everywhere in Europe. That performance made people crazy for her again. What a comeback it was. Then she when to Germany, etc...it also helped.

Even the Grammy's performance made the song climb in America and we got that Ellen interview, which made the album go up, i remember that so well.

I really don't get it. During Hard Candy and MDNA the biggest criticism everyone had was the lack of promo, interviews, performances, etc...now suddenly that's not a problem? :s

Being Madonna is not enough. People are still interested in her...but she needs to promote herself.

LMAO yeah thats what we want her to become a drug addict, some DRAMA QUEENS IN HERE I SEE

she thought the superbowel would be enough but it wasnt. her lack of interest in promotion is real. There could be so much more she could do besides a few things here and there - and if she doesnt then she doesnt. but mdna saying there would be no conventional promotion, this time around would be the opposite.

Are you assuming we'll have traditional promotion this time around? Not so sure about that.

i agree about performing instead of only interviews as promo. thing is though, her performances on tv shows are never as amazing as her tours. theres way less theatrics and so on. so if she's doing a big performance on a show (MTV, grammys, whatever) she has to make sure it's just as big as on her tours (in which she shines) in the 80s and 90s it used to be mtv in which she showcased that. and one time the oscars.

Stop discussing Beyoncé. Does she have anything to do with madonnas new album? Unless she's the source that drowned Madonna have then I don't see why her music, career or ghettoness is discussed in this thread all the time.

Sighs.

I agree.

i agree about performing instead of only interviews as promo. thing is though, her performances on tv shows are never as amazing as her tours. theres way less theatrics and so on. so if she does one big performance on a show (MTV, grammys, whatever) she has to make sure it's just as big as on her tours (in which she shines) in the 80s and 90s it used to be mtv in which she showcased that. and one time the oscars.

Live 8, Live Earth, etc...

She doesn't need 10 screens, 20 dancers and huge sets to shine.

i agree about performing instead of only interviews as promo. thing is though, her performances on tv shows are never as amazing as her tours. theres way less theatrics and so on. so if she does one big performance on a show (MTV, grammys, whatever) she has to make sure it's just as big as on her tours (in which she shines) in the 80s and 90s it used to be mtv in which she showcased that. and one time the oscars.

That's the thing, it doesn't have to be a big production. Why not do more performances like DTM on Letterman for talk shows as well as extravagant award show performances? She has such amazing stage presence, it doesn't matter what she does. Read the damn phone book. Just fucking perform! lol

No secret there.

During her AL era, the album flopped, no radio touched her, 0 hit singles, and no superbowl.

And yet she sold out RIT in minutes WORLDWIDE.

Enough said.

Omg the deluded madness of some of these young fans. I can't

I know right? It's bizarre. Never in all my 30+ years as a fan have I ever once wondered if M did enough promo for an album LOL

^ The usual. Still a pretender to the throne and all that jazz. She's trying to come for Madonna's tour numbers but it ain't gonna happen

I think it's important to remember how much the economics of the music industry have changed with the extreme decline in album sales. The standard royalty rates for top artists are usually $1-2 per album. Back in the days when a popular album could easily sell 15-20 million copies that could become a lot of money. However, far lower sales have made this a much smaller part of an artist's income. For example, let's say Madonna earns $2 for every copy of MDNA sold - with 2 million copies sold, she would've made $4 million.

On the other hand, since she's such a strong touring force she can easily make more than $1 million a night. For the MDNA Tour, that would've meant earning at least $88 million from 88 dates. She literally can make at least 22x more from touring than she does from album sales. Of course, music is still incredibly important because it's the foundation from which the rest of an artist's brand and portfolio is built from, but it's understandable that she would devote more attention to touring rather than album sales just because it there's so much more money-earning potential there.

You're talking about Madonna as the business-woman but what about Madonna as the artist?

I do believe it's still in her to be creative and come out with something genuinely original and ground- breaking like she used to do consistently in the past.

Ironically, think it's the risk factor that's stopping her... in her early days she found taking risks would pay off in the end, now not so-so and that is maybe because she feels her age after all and taking risks would be much of a risk at this point in her career but i feel she should let herself go and be as spontaneous and inventive as she likes.

Reasons why her tours are much more successful than her albums is because she's not afraid to reveal herself on stage. There's the strong, independent woman and the vulnerable, tragic one. She also pushes buttons while on tour, thing she's not been able to do with her music for a while now.

i would expect this album to really reveal where she's at now in her life exactly as she did with Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light. Surely they were risky albums but eventually it paid off.

During her AL era, the album flopped, no radio touched her, 0 hit singles, and no superbowl.

And yet she sold out RIT in minutes WORLDWIDE.

Enough said.

The North American shows for MDNA sold out a lot faster than the WW dates...no news there. Why do you think MDNA sold-out even faster then S&S in the USA? It just happened? Or why were tickets available right after the Superbowl? All of this was because of her tour. It wasn't a coincidence and i'm sure everyone knows the Superbowl was to promote the tour...or was that a secret? o_O

I'm not saying that if she announces a tour tomorrow that it wouldn't sell out. Obviously it would. (i think?) But it wouldn't be that craziness like it was right after the Superbowl.

I don't understand why people don't see touring as part of her music career and as being artistic and creative. Why are videos creative but the videos she does as tour backdrops not seen as creative? It's not as though her touring is just about singing her greatest hits just like the album versions like many artists do. If she did that, I could maybe see the point that it's bad that she just cares about touring to make money. But her tours have a lot of artistic vision to them and she puts a lot of creative work into the themes etc. I get it people are still hung up on the concept of conventional music videos, but who sees them? MTV and VH1 don't play them. Yes, you can see them on youtube. But people don't pay that much attention to them there. They watch them once and say that's nice and then move on. They really have no impact on people or even really lead to a song being a hit anymore except in the rare case a video goes viral which doesn't happen too often. Why not focus her creativity on something people will actually see and will affect them like a live performance.

And I really don't see how people think going on a tv show to promote your music is somehow a great piece of "art". I thought the music was the art, not talking about it.

I think maybe because her tours aren't accessible to everyone. Some people can't afford to go, others are in faraway places, and the general public really doesn't get exposed to her work that way. Honestly, I wouldn't know crap about these other artists' tours if they weren't talked about here.

As for music videos, I strongly disagree with you. I actually think videos are as important/relevant today as they were in the 80s and 90s, maybe more so - or in a different way. Videos are reaching even more people thanks to the internet. They go viral ALL THE TIME, get shared, emailed, posted on social media, commented on, etc. Look at Sia's latest video. They can really be a great promotional tool, just like they used to be. Imagine if M had done a video for "Gang Bang." She'd get headlines on every major site, talked about on social media, etc.

I think maybe because her tours aren't accessible to everyone. Some people can't afford to go, others are in faraway places, and the general public really doesn't get exposed to her work that way. Honestly, I wouldn't know crap about these other artists' tours if they weren't talked about here.

As for music videos, I strongly disagree with you. I actually think videos are as important/relevant today as they were in the 80s and 90s, maybe more so - or in a different way. Videos are reaching even more people thanks to the internet. They go viral ALL THE TIME, get shared, emailed, posted on social media, commented on, etc. Look at Sia's latest video. They can really be a great promotional tool, just like they used to be. Imagine if M had done a video for "Gang Bang." She'd get headlines on every major site, talked about on social media, etc.

I do agree with you about videos. I also think that there should always be more promotion than just touring. For instance, I never take any interest in tours from people that I am not major fans of, yet if they release a great song that I notice, I will download the song and check out if I want to get the album. We all know Madonna is a superstar whose achievements dwarf all of the others, but surely we still want great video clips and some promotion for this album. She did do promotion for MDNA - the Superbowl, Ellen interview etc and yes there were video clips released as well. I think it is fair to say that as fans we all loved the video clips to GMAYL and GGW. Her videos are wonderful - bring them on as well as the tour.

I get that her tours are very expensive for some people. But she tours in most places except for maybe Australia and Asia, where her music is played on the radio or she has a lot of fans. and hopefully she will go there on the next tour. Now maybe I have a different perspective on touring than most people here, because outside of Madonna I mostly listen to rock/indie artists and how they express themselves is all through live performance and not through videos. I go to a lot of live shows by my favorite rock/indie artists and that's what excites me the most so maybe I am biased in that way. I don't pay attention to pop artists' tours just because I'm not interested in them at all. I don't listen to their music either.

I disagree with you about videos. I don't think most people are that interested in them anymore. They really aren't that relevant at all. I think some people here are holding on to the old 80's and 90's model of music They don't realize how things have changed. Maybe she would get a few headlines for a video on social media or wherever but I don't see it as leading to sales unless she did something really extreme in a video. I think most people here are holding on to an old model of music and promotion, whereas Madonna is forward thinking. Eventually you will all catch up.

I get that her tours are very expensive for some people. But she tours in most places except for maybe Australia and Asia, where her music is played on the radio or she has a lot of fans. and hopefully she will go there on the next tour. Now maybe I have a different perspective on touring than most people here, because outside of Madonna I mostly listen to rock/indie artists and how they express themselves is all through live performance and not through videos. I go to a lot of live shows by my favorite rock/indie artists and that's what excites me the most so maybe I am biased in that way. I don't pay attention to pop artists' tours just because I'm not interested in them at all. I don't listen to their music either.

I disagree with you about videos. I don't think most people are that interested in them anymore. They really aren't that relevant at all. I think some people here are holding on to the old 80's and 90's model of music They don't realize how things have changed. Maybe she would get a few headlines for a video on social media or wherever but I don't see it as leading to sales unless she did something really extreme in a video. I think most people here are holding on to an old model of music and promotion, whereas Madonna is forward thinking. Eventually you will all catch up.

Yes, but you have sort of answered your own question about video clips by stating that you are more interested in rock/indie performers. Madonna is neither and her image and videos are legendary amongst her fans and the general public. I have no idea why people seem to be against her making video clips. Her image and artistry in the making of video clips is incredible and young people talk about discovering and loving her old video clips.

Yes, but you have sort of answered your own question about video clips by stating that you are more interested in rock/indie performers. Madonna is neither and her image and videos are legendary amongst her fans and the general public. I have no idea why people seem to be against her making video clips.

I'm not against them. But I think some people are naive in thinking that making some clip no matter how great is going to cause her to have some huge hit or some impact on the world like her videos did in the 80's or 90's. Her videos are legendary from the 80's and 90's when videos actually mattered and had an influence. They don't anymore. Madonna has moved on, unfortunately some fans' cant.

I'm not against them. But I think some people are naive in thinking that making some clip no matter how great is going to cause her to have some huge hit or some impact on the world like her videos did in the 80's or 90's. Her videos are legendary from the 80's and 90's when videos actually mattered and had an influence. They don't anymore. Madonna has moved on, unfortunately some fans' cant.

How has she moved on when she has made video clips for her last two albums ?

How has she moved on when she has made video clips for her last two albums ?

She made them. They were fun. But she hardly bases her whole career around them like some fans here want her too. She mostly focuses on preparing for her tours which is very smart. But people here are saying she should focus all her energy on videos and forget about the tours which is unrealistic.

I agree. As much as I would love Madonna to make big budget videos like old days, it makes no sense now that there's no MTV. It's different with YouTube. It's not going to make an impact. On the other hand, Billboard is counting YouTube streams now, so maybe a viral Gang Bang-type video would work as click bait.

I agree. As much as I would love Madonna to make big budget videos like old days, it makes no sense now that there's no MTV. It's different with YouTube. It's not going to make an impact. On the other hand, Billboard is counting YouTube streams now, so maybe a viral Gang Bang-type video would work as click bait.

well if she did go with the Art for Freedom theme for the album, she could easily make a tastefully controversial video if she wants youtube views