New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

LMAO yeah thats what we want her to become a drug addict, some DRAMA QUEENS IN HERE I SEE

she thought the superbowel would be enough but it wasnt. her lack of interest in promotion is real. There could be so much more she could do besides a few things here and there - and if she doesnt then she doesnt. but mdna saying there would be no conventional promotion, this time around would be the opposite.

LMAO yeah thats what we want her to become a drug addict, some DRAMA QUEENS IN HERE I SEE

she thought the superbowel would be enough but it wasnt. her lack of interest in promotion is real. There could be so much more she could do besides a few things here and there - and if she doesnt then she doesnt. but mdna saying there would be no conventional promotion, this time around would be the opposite.

But can you tell me one thing you think she noticed that didn't go right through the MDNA era? Cause as far as I know, 99.9% of the shows were sold out...don't you think in her mind that was a sign of a successful era considering she sings 80% new songs and did videos for them and interviews inbetween shows and twitter chats. I feel like she was fully booked non stop, and in that sense, I get the NTP as opposed to all the regular tv shows and radio shows all around the world.

I think it was a success for her, I think Guy was letting her know fans were complaining about no interviews and stuff like that so she did a few random things like that interview at 3am, the poor woman.

It was his way of telling the fans to get over it...it wasn't gonna happen. He was probably scared to even book another interview after the Super Bowl. :lol:

I think the Super Bowl is to blame for all the NTP cause she said he pretty much forced her against all odds.

I'm afraid all this mess with no release date after bombing IG with hints during months and all is purely related to the process of the tour (ideas, setlist, theme) and the album will be the backup just like MDNA was. I could be wrong tho.

Dying for the new material, I wish we could have a preview right now.

I'm afraid all this mess with no release date after bombing IG with hints during months and all is purely related to the process of the tour (ideas, setlist, theme) and the album will be the backup just like MDNA was. I could be wrong tho.

Dying for the new material, I wish we could have a preview right now.

If they really wanted to just release an album with no concern for its quality, it would be out this year ;)

If they are actually spending more time with it, it might actually turn out to be a great album!

MDNA would be much better if it wasn't so rushed.

And she could release the album months before the tour even starts.

ANYWAY, i dont bother with any other sites now because i get all the info i need with madonnanation and you guys.

album info leaks are great and fun, but once the album actually comes out i totally forget what was said to have been the leaked info, lol

She just doesn't want to do it. She's well aware that if she promotes and does every show on the planet, she'd sell a ton more records but the hard work doesn't really pay off the way it once did and so for all that, she focuses on the tour where the real money because she knows where her career lies. She is a business woman and she is a huge brand with so many people relying on her. Beyonce didn't even sell much more than MDNA if I'm not mistaken. It's kind of sad for us as fans cause we'd love to see her do interviews and perform at shows and wow the world as we know only she can but I really don't think she's going to do it again. She'll do some interviews and maybe a couple of performances and promo shows but that's it. Then, it's the tour. If you want to see her, that's where she'll be.

I understand how it kind of sucks but it is what it is. It doesn't make her any less of a marketing genius. She CREATED the marketing strategy of the pop music/pop culture/music video medium and continuously reinvented it through her imagery, inspirations and reinventions.

Now then this is a very good post and I agree from a "business" point of view but not an artistic one.

Nobody sells records like they used too anymore, and I don't expect Madonna to do every talk show going to try and sell more records, but was it really ALL about that for the first 20years of her career?

Did she do all of that JUST to sell records....no!?

Madonna once invested her own money in her amazing music videos....and she crafted "eras" with performances, videos even her apprences on shows were all part of her "art".

That's my issue, it's nothing to do with selling more records or getting another number1, it's the fact that she doesn't as intrested as she once was in bringing her music to the masses, and making something for her fans.

I get it, but Madonna has gone from being a respected pop artist to a respected buisness woman.....and it seems money these days take priority over her output.....the ONLY exception is the tours, which are amazing and groundbreaking....but she did amazing shows 20years ago and still made creative choices for her music.

It's not a criticism of Madonna, I accept times HAVE changed, I know it's not 1993 anymore....but I wish she would put the same amount of energy and creativity into her music career and not just her touring one!

Even the videos she shoots for her tours are better than what she releases for her music!

I think it's important to remember how much the economics of the music industry have changed with the extreme decline in album sales. The standard royalty rates for top artists are usually $1-2 per album. Back in the days when a popular album could easily sell 15-20 million copies that could become a lot of money. However, far lower sales have made this a much smaller part of an artist's income. For example, let's say Madonna earns $2 for every copy of MDNA sold - with 2 million copies sold, she would've made $4 million.

On the other hand, since she's such a strong touring force she can easily make more than $1 million a night. For the MDNA Tour, that would've meant earning at least $88 million from 88 dates. She literally can make at least 22x more from touring than she does from album sales. Of course, music is still incredibly important because it's the foundation from which the rest of an artist's brand and portfolio is built from, but it's understandable that she would devote more attention to touring rather than album sales just because it there's so much more money-earning potential there.

Now then this is a very good post and I agree from a "business" point of view but not an artistic one.

Nobody sells records like they used too anymore, and I don't expect Madonna to do every talk show going to try and sell more records, but was it really ALL about that for the first 20years of her career?

Madonna once invested her own money in her amazing music videos....and she crafted "eras" with performances, videos even her apprences on shows were all part of her "art".

That's my issue, it's nothing to do with selling more records or getting another number1, it's the fact that she doesn't as intrested as she once was in bringing her music to the masses, and making something for her fans.

I get it, but Madonna has gone from being a respected pop artist to a respected buisness woman.....and it seems money these days take priority over her output.....the ONLY exception is the tours, which are amazing and groundbreaking....but she did amazing shows 20years ago and still made creative choices for her music.

It's not a criticism of Madonna, I accept times HAVE changed, I know it's not 1993 anymore....but I wish she would put the same amount of energy and creativity into her music career and not just her touring one!

Even the videos she shoots for her tours are better than what she releases for her music!

I agree with all of this! :clap:

Edited by Mr Ciccone

It's a little unfair to separate touring from her music career. It's got to be a million times more work than making videos/ doing some TV stuff, which is all some albums got.

It's a little unfair to separate touring from her music career. It's got to be a million times more work than making videos/ doing some TV stuff, which is all some albums got.

That's very true but I do sometimes think many fans point towards the tour as a kind of "get out of jail" free card.

I massively appreciate the amazing tours but that's not everything "Madonna" as a pop star is.

And I fully accept the hard work she puts in but I was refering to the fact that it's over taken everything else she used to do for the first 20years of her career.

Madonna selling 99,9% of the Tour Tickets is getting more and more irrelevant in the world's pop music scenario than ever.

Sorry but is not all about money.

Beyonce doesn't sell much more than MDNA but she is becoming an important world icon these days. Everybody knows her last album, her songs play everywhere, her music videos are on TV.

Edited by Toymix

Guest bluejean

She has always done commercials, endorsement deals, glossy videos etc amongst the "art." I think she just saw less value in music videos over the last 10 years. They're advertisements to her now. But even so, 4 Minutes and GMAYL were not exactly thrown together pieces of crap. There was money, thought and effort put into those videos.

With the past few albums she has clearly been more interested in doing fun, light hearted music. So she has made videos that have reflected that. Sticky and Sweet however fun it was was no piece of art. She got back into a creative mode with the MDNA tour the Secret Project and I think this album will be a follow on from that. Just reading those lyrics SHE posted you can tell she's inspired.

Madonna selling 99,9% of the Tour Tickets is getting more and more irrelevant in the world's pop music scenario than ever.

Sorry but is not all about money.

Beyonce doesn't sell much more than MDNA but she is becoming an important world icon these days. Everybody knows her last album, her songs play everywhere, her music videos are on TV.

Beyonce is a lot of hype, and the goal is to sell concert tickets, and they do. Madonna gets to skip all that and just sell tickets.

Guest Rachelle of London

Not only is Beyonce in her prime but her style of music is completely different. You can't compare her to Madonna.

Thank you

I don't understand why people don't see touring as part of her music career and as being artistic and creative. Why are videos creative but the videos she does as tour backdrops not seen as creative? It's not as though her touring is just about singing her greatest hits just like the album versions like many artists do. If she did that, I could maybe see the point that it's bad that she just cares about touring to make money. But her tours have a lot of artistic vision to them and she puts a lot of creative work into the themes etc. I get it people are still hung up on the concept of conventional music videos, but who sees them? MTV and VH1 don't play them. Yes, you can see them on youtube. But people don't pay that much attention to them there. They watch them once and say that's nice and then move on. They really have no impact on people or even really lead to a song being a hit anymore except in the rare case a video goes viral which doesn't happen too often. Why not focus her creativity on something people will actually see and will affect them like a live performance.

And I really don't see how people think going on a tv show to promote your music is somehow a great piece of "art". I thought the music was the art, not talking about it.

Beyonce is an interesting case in point.

She's being treated like a ledgend and yet hasn't had the same "power" commercially and on the charts that she used too.

Yes her "secret" visual album sold very well, especially from zero promo, but she is still very current aswell as treading the "legendary" boundaries.....I personally don't see her as that btw, but a lot do now, she's a star to the stars in the same way Madonna is...but she can still pass as current and sit comfortably next to katy perry and gaga in magazines.

So the comparison is off.....beyonces status I'd say anougst the music press/general public is Madonnas in 1990, still current but with legend attached.

**this is what I think the "masses" think, personally and obviously she hasn't achieved half of what Madonna has musically.

Guest Rachelle of London

Stop discussing Beyoncé. Does she have anything to do with madonnas new album? Unless she's the source that drowned Madonna have then I don't see why her music, career or ghettoness is discussed in this thread all the time.

Sighs.

Promoting new albums is more then promoting her new music. She's promoting her name!

Doing TV performances for the Grammys, why not a Madonna week on American Idol (ending with a Madonna performance on a weekend) etc? Then announcing new tours on TV, interviews etc...

People would always be talking about Madonna the person, not just about what's new from her.

It's about reviving her legacy, people always buy greatest hits when new albums come out and when promotion occurs.

Even if it increases youtube views of her songs, what's the problem? At least the name "Madonna" is out there!

Of course promotion matters :s

On a personal level, I always love it when Madonna makes wonderful and innovative video clips for her singles. It might not be important in the scheme of things now but it is always something that she has excelled at. To this day, I can watch earlier video clips of hers and still love them with a passion. It is also something that is there for all time to look back on and admire. Loved the video clips for GMAYL and Girl gone Wild and I feel she most likely will make some great video clips for the new album as well.