New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

Is the Anna Henstridge on popjustice the original Anna?

She has said Madonna has changed her mind on something...

The popjustice "Anna" was the one who started the Marvin Gaye/Heard It Through The Grapevine madness 2 years ago.

Guest ditaluver

Haha that candy shop clip leak

I recorded it off my voicemail and it sounded terrible.

It was the only thing my source told me I could give up. And I had candy shop and beat goes on demos since july 4 2007. I got them for my birthday that year

I get that her tours are very expensive for some people. But she tours in most places except for maybe Australia and Asia, where her music is played on the radio or she has a lot of fans. and hopefully she will go there on the next tour. Now maybe I have a different perspective on touring than most people here, because outside of Madonna I mostly listen to rock/indie artists and how they express themselves is all through live performance and not through videos. I go to a lot of live shows by my favorite rock/indie artists and that's what excites me the most so maybe I am biased in that way. I don't pay attention to pop artists' tours just because I'm not interested in them at all. I don't listen to their music either.

I disagree with you about videos. I don't think most people are that interested in them anymore. They really aren't that relevant at all. I think some people here are holding on to the old 80's and 90's model of music They don't realize how things have changed. Maybe she would get a few headlines for a video on social media or wherever but I don't see it as leading to sales unless she did something really extreme in a video. I think most people here are holding on to an old model of music and promotion, whereas Madonna is forward thinking. Eventually you will all catch up.

So condescending! No one is suggesting she base whole career around them, or that she's suddenly going to get radio airplay because of a video. But if videos weren't effective, record labels wouldn't still be spending money on them. Videos are MORE important than radio today, as everyone is online, but not everyone listens to the radio anymore. It's a fact that radio audience has declined steadily over the last 15 years. Here's a list of some recent music videos that had a huge impact on the exposure and popularity of an artist/song:

Beyonce, Single Ladies

Sia, Chandelier

Miley Cyrus, Wrecking Ball

Miley Cyrus, We Can't Stop

Kanye West, Bound 2

Gotye, Somebody That I Used to Know

Nicki Minaj, Anaconda

Robyn, Call Your Girlfriend

Lana Del Rey, Video Games

Solange, Losing You

Lady Gaga, Bad Romance

Lady Gaga, Telephone

Pretty much all of Gaga's early videos played a role in her success. It's an IMAGE-driven industry now more than ever.

Would seem the Avicii songs that may be on the record are:

Rebel Heart

Messiah

Inside Out

Wash All Over Me

Those four are the most likely, unless I'm forgetting one.

Addicted, Heartbreak City and Two Steps Behind are also Avicii tracks.

Wut? Wasnt it 50 Cent who was mad that GGW was going to be 'the first single' and he had a song as first single with the same name?

Oops! My bad. You're right :blush:

So condescending! No one is suggesting she base whole career around them, or that she's suddenly going to get radio airplay because of a video. But if videos weren't effective, record labels wouldn't still be spending money on them. Videos are MORE important than radio today, as everyone is online, but not everyone listens to the radio anymore. It's a fact that radio audience has declined steadily over the last 15 years. Here's a list of some recent music videos that had a huge impact on the exposure and popularity of an artist/song:

Beyonce, Single Ladies

Sia, Chandelier

Kanye West, Bound 2

Nicki Minaj, Anaconda

Solange, Losing You

Lady Gaga, Bad Romance

Lady Gaga, Telephone

Pretty much all of Gaga's early videos played a role in her success. It's an IMAGE-driven industry now more than ever.

I agree,music videos are still an important promotional tool.Youtube has become the new MTV.That's where people go to see videos.I hope Madonna's next album includes several outstanding videos.She has always been a "visual" artist and I don't want that to change.

Beyonce, Single Ladies

Sia, Chandelier

Kanye West, Bound 2

Nicki Minaj, Anaconda

Solange, Losing You

Lady Gaga, Bad Romance

Lady Gaga, Telephone

Completly agree!

I don't know why some fans dismiss the power of videos.

They STILL have a huge roll to play in the success of pop artists!

Madonnas creative input into then nowerdays is rather embarrassing when you check out why she offered in her first 25years!

That said, she has still produced fun clips, but the iconic edge has dwindled in place of forgettable.

I agree,music videos are still an important promotional tool.Youtube has become the new MTV.That's where people go to see videos.I hope Madonna's next album includes several outstanding videos.She has always been a "visual" artist and I don't want that to change.

Exactly. MTV is a joke nowadays but that's not a excuse to expose your music in the best way, a music video.

Exactly. MTV is a joke nowadays but that's not a excuse to expose your music in the best way, a music video.

But why is a music video the best way? I think live performances are a much better way than music video. A lot of pop artists doing music videos were mentioned but in any of those cases, was it the video that made their songs hits. Their songs were hits because they were played on the radio and people watch the videos because they liked the song from the radio. I will believe the power of videos when there is a example of a song being a hit mostly based on just the video and not on radio airplay or other ways of hearing the music.

If she wants bums on seats, she needs to let the general buyer to know she's out there. We fans know she will be touring. Super Bowl was a huge AD for her MDNA tour and it worked.

Mini TV specials for US and Europe to promote and get that general public to buy your tour tickets.

End of the day it's the quality of the music that matters, that will get bums on seats.

Exactly this. Unless she gets some

Hits from this album she will struggle to sell out on the scale of SS and MDNA the general public won't buy in if she's not out there promoting

Hmmm all this promo vs tour talk has made me look back...

Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light DIDNT follow any tours.

Both were treated to 5 proper single release, amazing videos, performances throughout the year of there release, Madonna crafted 2 incredible re-inventions in 1994/1995 and 1998/1999.

Would those albums of got those eras if she chose to tour?

Does the "touring takes away an era" idea hold water?

Just a thought....

Both were treated to 5 proper single release, amazing videos, performances throughout the year of there release, Madonna crafted 2 incredible re-inventions in 1994/1995 and 1998/1999.

Just a thought....

But didn't she plan to do tours for both of those but for various movies and pregnancies they didn't happen? So it's not like she purposely planned not to tour so she could do an "era"? I don't really get the whole era thing. I think it's kind of silly and pretentious. Why is what she does on tours not part of the "so called" era but only videos and singles count for an era, when she does songs from the album on the tour and does a lot of visual "video" like stuff on the tours. It's not like her tours consist mostly of the older material. Her tours are how she brings an album to life now.

Exactly this. Unless she gets some

Hits from this album she will struggle to sell out on the scale of SS and MDNA the general public won't buy in if she's not out there promoting

I don't think most people buy tickets to an artist like Madonna because of current hits. They buy because she is known as a great performer and icon and her back catalogue. In general, how I find out about shows and tours I want to go to is usually through advertising in newspapers like the New York Times or the local free newspaper. I flip through there to see if artists I like are coming to town. I don't find out about tours from standard promotional interviews.

Madonna doesn't sell tickets at 350dollars a time because of her latest music efforts!

She commands her phonomanal prices and continues to sell out across the world because of her incredible untouchable back catalogue!

It's her legacy as an icon that makes her, still, the hottest live ticket on town not her latest album!

Yes, it's important to still have sucsesful albums, but it's NOT essential!

And that's, when all said and done, Madonna doesn't go out and "work" her album like she used too, she simply doesn't need too!

I think she's taken more vacations this year than she did between 1983-1993!

She's kicking back, she knows she will still be an icon in the morning.

Yes she still wants to be relevant, and as fans we all want her to be seen as much as possible, but I think the fact she won't turn up and do "everything" kind if lends to her mystic as a legend.

That said she is the master of PROMO, she imvented it for woman in pop....but I do think she will be cooking up something big for next year....for her to sit on a lot of music already recorded can only meen this!

But why is a music video the best way? I think live performances are a much better way than music video. A lot of pop artists doing music videos were mentioned but in any of those cases, was it the video that made their songs hits.

Live performances only help if there is something to make people talk about. In the examples cited above, Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball for instance was popular solely because of the video. I'm totally oblivious to any performances of that song which made people talk or mimic the live performance. Sure, she did the VMA's but she wasn't performing Wrecking Ball. Videos have an immense potential to go viral with the current state of viral videos on Youtube, even more so than live performances. The key point is to go viral on Youtube. Psy's Gangnam Style and the Harlem Shake all went viral on Youtube. If Madonna can tap into making one of her singles viral, it'll be great publicity

Madonna doesn't sell tickets at 350dollars a time because of her latest music efforts!

She commands her phonomanal prices and continues to sell out across the world because of her incredible untouchable back catalogue!

It's her legacy as an icon that makes her, still, the hottest live ticket on town not her latest album!

Yes, it's important to still have sucsesful albums, but it's NOT essential!

And that's, when all said and done, Madonna doesn't go out and "work" her album like she used too, she simply doesn't need too!

I think she's taken more vacations this year than she did between 1983-1993!

She's kicking back, she knows she will still be an icon in the morning.

Yes she still wants to be relevant, and as fans we all want her to be seen as much as possible, but I think the fact she won't turn up and do "everything" kind if lends to her mystic as a legend.

That said she is the master of PROMO, she imvented it for woman in pop....but I do think she will be cooking up something big for next year....for her to sit on a lot of music already recorded can only meen this!

Agreed. It's partly her back catalogue but it also the type of tours she does. People know it will be a spectacle and a great night out, not a conventional concert. They turn up wanting to know what she will do.

It seems to me her vacations are mostly for her children. In the early part of her career, she didn't have children. She probably wants to spend as much time with her kids now before they go off to college and don't live at home anymore. A lot of people do tend to focus again more on the career and being creative, when their children are older and no longer living at at home. Maybe that will happen with her in a few years.

Just a thought....

There was a meltdown when she cancelled the '99 tour and instead decided to do TNBT. It had been 6 yrs at that point since she toured and many thought because she was a mother, older and focused on her acting career that she wouldn't tour again. Anybody who has vivid memories of this period knows that at that time we would've forsaken all the album promo just to have a proper tour again! In my opinion NOT having a tour takes away from the era. BS and ROL are the only eras she didn't tour. So we got TAB live at the AMA's, BS at the Brits and some interviews + the fabulous BS pajama party. I would've given all that up to have the 1995 Bedtime Story Tour DVD to watch now. Despite the promo and 4 great videos, the BS album has ALWAYS felt a bit neglected to me because most of those songs were never performed live.

The fact of the matter is Madonna is raising her children. She's not kicking back, she still is very interested in her artistic vision. The tours are her traveling with her family, even having them involved. It's not about money or not being artistically inspired. If you asked Madonna 20 some years ago what was most important to her what would she say? What would she say today?

Madonna is not just hanging out and not caring. Her time with her family is what has taken priority now not money.

All of this talk about tours verses videos is a shame because to me it seems a non issue. Madonna can still do both without any worry. MDNA had a tour and 3 filmed video clips. We all love Madonna's tours and I am pretty certain we all love seeing her wonderful and iconic video clips. It is not a case of sacrificing one for the other. I don't consider making video clips part of "promo" - it is part of the artistic process that Madonna has always put into her music. I can't see any reason whatsoever for her to not make video clips and I truly doubt that she will stop. She also has talked about how much love and effort she has put into them in the past and let's face it, I can't name another star who has had such diverse, rich and iconic video clips over a long period of time.

BS and ROL eras feel neglected bc there was no tour. That's rich. Those are full-fledged Madonna eras and nothing less.

Of course they are full fledged Madonna eras. Sometimes text doesn't translate so well, I didn't mean that quite as seriously as it probably looks. Basically all I meant is it would've been nice to see the BS songs performed live when they were current and if I had to choose between "traditional promo" (interviews and random TV performances)and a tour, I would've chosen tour. I had never seen M live at that point so I was saving up my lunch $$ for the BS Tour......literally.....lol.

BS and ROL eras feel neglected bc there was no tour. That's rich. Those are full-fledged Madonna eras and nothing less.

agreed! those were full fledged madonna eras because the end result resulted in success. just as it was then, its the same today. the only things that matter are the pieces of the equation which create success for her during an album era. those eras didn't need a tour to be successful because they had other elements which resulted in success for her. the same applies to this to-be-determined era. she just needs the proper elements in place and it'll be a success.

with the mistakes of the past few albums, she should be able to learn from the missteps from recent years and not make those same mistakes twice in the current market