New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

Well if you meant me bitching about her acting her age, I wasn't. Immature wasn't meant to be a criticism or any disrespect towards Madonna. When I said immature I meant 'fun' or 'lighthearted.' Jesus, not everything is a jab at Madonna. You're not the only fan you know?

You are stirring shitup here and when you see you've gone too far you kind of backtrack and then go at it again after. For what purpose ? To bash the album once it will be released and you're scared to not be able too if you get banned before for the stupid things you said ? You are a troll and i'm reporting you and i engage anyone who read what you wrote in this thread and feel the same as me to do the same.

George, im an oldie too. There's quite a few of us around. Im 39.

That`s true ! I´m 41, becoming 42 next month

A collabaration with Alicia Keys would be a good thing for me

What makes me a little bit worry about this Alicia thing is that apparently they're still recording the album, not finishing.

I wouldn't worry, it might be done but they have had to wait for Diplo to get back and maybe space in Alicias Diary to put finishing touches. We don't know, but she did write about getting it finished, which sortve means its nearly done eh?

I love Alicia and psyched that she will be featured on the album - she is such a positive person and fits in perfectly with the art for freedom theme.

There is so much news and rumors surrounding this album and so many rumored songs out there. Not sure what to believe at this point but I will say that the snippets and information that M herself has been leaking have me very excited for this release. I would love it to be this year but I also am willing to wait if it means she is taking her time to make sure it is right.

Well thanks for ya insight Suedehead........ I mean who wants a break from the repetitive mutterings of the same posts being written like a blue print page after page.......! Apologies to all who have to trawl through a few light hearted posts, just to ease the tension....

I enjoyed the banter! And I can't believe you're 43!!

Thanks Stevo..............! That testicle bet is some gamble......... Good luck with that...... If the music does`t hit till next year we`ll all look forward to seeing a pic of your singular gonad... Might wanna get yaself some smaller pants.. Undie Slack is kinda grim..... ;)

I still haven't listened to superstar or the birthday song in full. *hides* I gave them a try but re-did the CD without them. I don't mind Give me a bucket though. I hope the album will stick to a darker theme.

I don't get M's latest comment that making records isn't what it used to be, implying that this is taking too long. She's always been impatient during recording, etc., but things should be easier/faster now. If it's taking too long for her, it's because she decided to work with an army of writers/producers and not just one or two and just took a long vacation. WTF?

I don't get M's latest comment that making records isn't what it used to be, implying that this is taking too long. She's always been impatient during recording, etc., but things should be easier/faster now. If it's taking too long for her, it's because she decided to work with an army of writers/producers and not just one or two and just took a long vacation. WTF?

I don't think the comment is meant to be all that serious. An excuse to post an old photo.

Maybe its just a case of writing music isn't quite so organic these days... Technology tends to drive production and now there are so many ways to manipulate the sound/version of a song that so many versions are tested n played around with that its gotta lengthen the whole creative/finalising process..

Erotica was considered a flop at the time, wasn't it

"Erotica" was considered a huge disappointment sales-wise, but it got mostly positive reviews. "American Life" is arguably the first (only?) album of her career that garnered neither enormous sales nor major critical acclaim.

Maybe its just a case of writing music isn't quite so organic these days... Technology tends to drive production and now there are so many ways to manipulate the sound/version of a song that so many versions are tested n played around with that its gotta lengthen the whole creative/finalising process..

I agree with you 100%, handsome. ;) It's a totally different era nowadays.

I was thinking the album would be out by the end of the year. But, by the way it's lookin', early spring 2015 seems more plausible. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong, though!

BTW, you're totally cracking me up with your posts! (I find them refreshing.) And, it's nice to see other active, "older" M fans around here (I'll be 36 on Sunday). Gotta remember where I put my fiber supplements - think I left them where my teeth are! :old:

I think the people she's working with aren't as passionately collaborating with as she had thought. They are a bit uninspired and don't push their work as quickly as she'd like.

That's not to say in any way, shape or form that the music won't be good or rushed or anything negative. She's been in the business long enough to see it from broad perspectives and because she chooses to work with younger producers (unlike many other legend or icons that continue working with older songwriters/people they've worked with for many years/industry hit makers), she sees how different they are and my guess is she doesn't like it. I think Diplo, for example, respects Madonna and was happy to work with her, but just kind of lost some steam of interest.

Idk, could be all wrong. Everything seems all over the place now when you think back to everybody she worked with. Now Alicia? Whatever, I'm sure in gonna love it but I'm anxious to see what all this results to.

She could also be referring to digital vs analog and how much easier it is for the wrong kind of people to get their hands on unfinished songs and sell them to collectors. I would guess this also would have an effect on the recording process - having to do it faster, having to take extra precautions, etc. I only say this because in the first picture that said "have to finish this" she also wrote "these bitches ain't loyal."

Ugh......we are getting old....lol. I haven't really thought about it, but at 34 I guess I'm now an "older" M fan, WTF!! Lol

At any rate, I don't know what to expect at this point. Two weeks ago I was leaning toward a 2014 release, one week ago I was thinking there's no way it'll be out til 2015 now, I'm leaning toward 2014 again. With all these rumors, at this point I'm ready for anything!! Alicia, Miley, nobody but M.....I don't care just bring it! :) Perhaps her comment last week about not serving a half baked cake (which btw is an expression, not to be taken so literally, it doesn't actually mean she's only half way through.....just that she's not finished) was more in response to anything being released like this month. The way she's working and the info she is revealing does make it seem as though SOME sort of release is more imminent than six months from now.

Maybe she will release an EP in time for Christmas rush and then another in the spring prior to tour kick off.