New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

My point is to counter what others were saying about the U2 strategy of offering their new album for free: that it would have been a great idea for Madonna, too. I just wanted to suggest that 500 free downloads isn't anything special considering that causal listeners of U2 (such as myself) may not care. That such a strategy for Madonna would probably yield similar apathy. I'm just thinking out loud sharing opinions like everyone else. I merely lauded to free MDNA albums as an example - I wasn't trying to be a dick.

People only know Madonna songs from Holiday to Justify My Love. After Justify My Love, they look at you with a blank look. The only exception is probably Madonna's 2000 hit, 'Music', but casual listeners only know Madonna's 80s and early 90s stuff.

People only know Madonna songs from Holiday to Justify My Love. After Justify My Love, they look at you with a blank look. The only exception is probably Madonna's 2000 hit, 'Music', but casual listeners only know Madonna's 80s and early 90s stuff.

Where the fuck are these "opinions" coming from?

Most people ( a generalization %100) know Take a Bow, Ray of Light, Frozen, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, 4 Minutes, Hung Up. You have no idea what you're talking about...

My point is to counter what others were saying about the U2 strategy of offering their new album for free: that it would have been a great idea for Madonna, too. I just wanted to suggest that 500 free downloads isn't anything special considering that causal listeners of U2 (such as myself) may not care. That such a strategy for Madonna would probably yield similar apathy. I'm just thinking out loud sharing opinions like everyone else. I merely lauded to free MDNA albums as an example - I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Fine, Except that's not what you said. You, like that other idiot above are seriously trying to say that the last 25 YEARS of Madonna's music is unknown to the general public. Baiting nonsense at it's very worst.

Bullshit.

Where the fuck are these "opinions" coming from?

Most people ( a generalization %100) know Take a Bow, Ray of Light, Frozen, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, 4 Minutes, Hung Up. You have no idea what you're talking about...

Most 12 year olds don't know what the hell 'Take a bow' is.

How is life in Iran ?

Ew. Not only is the album free, it's forced into people's itunes? No thanks. Madonna's brand is worth more than that. Her iconic status deserves more than that (U2 as well, btw)!

And Guy calling U2's album the biggest one of all time is absolutely ridiculous. Get a grip, girl! You just force-fed your product to half a billion people. No one even chose to download it.

Stop trolling!

:rotfl: It's not even a troll. Just pretending to be a troll, which is just really...pointless. A bit like this entire thread really - but just like a horrible road accident, one can't help but LOOK .

Just go to Atrl a forum full with teens and you see how much they talk about M and her music. I know some of them are hateful but believe me they know Madonna's music oh so well.

I hate them too. I love me some Madonna! :stir:

Talking about general public and not about Madonna fans this is what I think:

-50+ years old: they probably only know 80's Madonna.

-40-50 yo they know 80's Madonna and 90's Madonna.

-30-39 yo they know 80's Madonna, 90's Madonna and 00's Madonna.

-20-29 yo know late 90's and 00's Madonna (let's say from Ray Of Light to 4 minutes)

-People under 20 only know Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and shitty hip hop, and probably they know GMAYL which is not a good thing /:

Talking about general public and not about Madonna fans this is what I think:

-50+ years old: they probably only know 80's Madonna.

-40-50 yo they know 80's Madonna and 90's Madonna.

-30-39 yo they know 80's Madonna, 90's Madonna and 00's Madonna.

-20-29 yo know late 90's and 00's Madonna (let's say from Ray Of Light to 4 minutes)

-People under 20 only know Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and shitty hip hop, and probably they know GMAYL which is not a good thing /:

And probably you know shit about what the GP knows and that is what I think.