New album thread: "Good things come to those who wait" says the Queen

So, BoyCulture says the album comes out next year and MTribe reposted that article, which we could consider a confirmation. Then again, there's MadonnaRama and DrownedMadonna insisting it will be out this year, plus the member here claiming to have a friend working for LN and he says the same thing.

Who are we to trust? Confusing times indeed...

Every website has it's days and off days! Don't forget drownedmadonna recently broke the story about Joan of Arc! Which Madonna then basically confirmed the day after on instagram!

Alright, so the likeliness of it indeed coming out next year has just increased quite a lot with these reports...

Madonna's camp should worry about the leaks happening NOW. It's gonna be another 7 to 8 months for it's so called release month.

Some posted this on Boyculture.

"If she is working with Apple in terms of releasing new music then she wouldn't necessarily disclose anything publicly whether it be news on mixing/mastering or a sales sheet. I mean BEYONCE didn't disclose any information before the album was dropped

I think this "industry source" is just deducing typical information of any normal release"

I tend to agree, the record industry isn't what it is. Perhaps she is planning a completely new strategy, something that

hasn't been done before.

Some posted this on Boyculture.

"If she is working with Apple in terms of releasing new music then she wouldn't necessarily disclose anything publicly whether it be news on mixing/mastering or a sales sheet. I mean BEYONCE didn't disclose any information before the album was dropped

I think this "industry source" is just deducing typical information of any normal release"

I tend to agree, the record industry isn't what it is. Perhaps she is planning a completely new strategy, something that

hasn't been done before.

Yes, from what I understand Boy Culture's source is just going by how her past releases were handled and doesn't specifically know whether the new album is coming out this year or not until Spring 2015.

As far as a new strategy, some fans have suggested that a cool idea might be to release 30 or more songs on itunes with clips and people would have the option to make their own record of say 12 to 15 songs they like. But you would have the option to buy all of the songs if you want to do that. That would play into how a lot of people buy music now. They don't a lot of times buy whole albums but just pick out certain songs they love. What does everyone here think of that idea?

Avicci songs lack a real radio hit. Madonna has planny songs that are great and lack radio hit.

They say Diplo songs can sound a little immature at times...again it doesn't mean they're bad.

So I think that the only negative here it's you.

No, you just can't read.

Avicii = radio hits. What we have heard about the record production (rumors) that Avicii was brought in for the sole purpose of providing the dancey songs, and the writing team she worked with Avicii are radio hit superstars. One of the teams being the same team that wrote Starships. So, it would seem a little concerning when the radio hit producer made zero radio hits. That fact is what is making me doubt the article.

They paid no compliments to the Diplo songs other than them being radio friendly (possibly, which isn't even a compliment), said they can be immature, and that the production on "Living For Love" is dated. That in no way is positive. Especially if you consider the fact that Diplo wasn't brought in (supposedly) to make radio friendly tracks but was brought in to make diverse,weird,crazy tracks.

It's almost as if for Madonnarama Diplo & Avicii switched roles. So, you're free to interpret this how you want to but that article did not make me excited. It's like reading a negative review on the album.

30 songs would be great and all, but Madonna would never do that. I don't even believe that she recorded 40-50 songs. If she indeed recorded that many then probably most of them sucks, because in my opinion it's impossible to write and produce that amount of quality music within a few weeks without being about the same topic and sounding the same. It seems that MTribe now claims that the album was supposed to come out this year, but they postponed it to work more on the material. It would be great to get some sort of confirmation from M, but I can live with that story, because to me it didn't seem like M has worked her ass off with this album yet. On the other hand I don't know if MTribe has its sources anymore.

I think she should release one album with the mature deeper introspective songs and another one with the more pop radio friendly fun "immature" songs.

I agree.Since she has so many tracks already recorded,give us a 2-album set!

Well if the album is postponed according to Mtribe, to me that sounds like her record company are not happy with the results.

Does she have an actual record company that can tell her what to do? I thought Interscope was just a distribution deal? Live Nation is more concerned with touring and merchandising since records don't sell anyway. If it's delayed, I would think it's because she isn't happy with the results not a record company.

This sounds the same as that Examiner article awhile back where it said she had recorded two different kinds of songs, introspective ballad ones and more fun EDM immature ones. Maybe they knew what they were talking about all along.

I still like my solution. Just release two albums, one slower and more mature and one more fun pop and immature. Something for everyone.

Does she have an actual record company that can tell her what to do? I thought Interscope was just a distribution deal? Live Nation is more concerned with touring and merchandising since records don't sell anyway. If it's delayed, I would think it's because she isn't happy with the results not a record company.

I hope you're right. We will see if anything happens on iPhone 6 launch day. Too much confusions, my head is hurting lol

I doubt Interscope was happy wou the fact Madonna did no promo following the Bowl but there was nothing they could do....

Part of the new freedo Madonna had with LiveNation is that she has more control over her music career and how it's handled BUT that can work against her, Warners did hve there strengths in marketing Madonna and her music.

I do think it was everyone's intention when they started recording in Febuary that the album was to be released this fall, but it's obviously just not ready....

I would rather wait another 6months for a proper crafted release and quality IF she is choosing songs and "improving" them, with MDNA it seemed none of that mattered, an album had I be delivared....this time round there's an added "luxury" of time, she won't tour until next year anyways so there doesn't "need" to be an album until next year....

Thing is though I fear major leaks now there's an album in amost finished mode....

from DrownedMadonna.com:

madonna-addicted-1050x548.jpg

Madonna Addicted, new track revealed. Formerly The One That Got Away

After revealing some new Madonna‘s ballad, it’s time to disclose a dance track… It’s called Addicted and it’s pretty good!

It’s nothing like I’m Addicted from MDNA. Originally Addicted was called The One That Got Away, but Madonna changed it because it had the same name of a Katy Perry’s single.

“See I don’t know what it is / But I’m attracted to the dark / And it was easy to predict / You were gonna be the one who broke my heart”

Addicted is a very dark and mysterious song, and it does sound like classic Madonna.

Madonna’s Addicted has a lots of synths and a clean guitar. And we can say that the bass is really dirty!

“Your truth is a lie / Bitter fruit / Bittersweet / but, oh so divine”

We remind you that there is not a setlist yet. We’ll see if Madonna will include Addicted in her upcoming album. Well, it’s very likely!

Stay tuned…

Credits: sketch drawn by Rob Jacobs (aka Robster) for DrownedMadonna.com.