New album thread: "Good things come to those who wait" says the Queen

Billboard News

Is Madonna Working With Apple? Test This Strange Siri Connection on Your iPhone

NEWS

By Joe Lynch | September 03, 2014 9:50 AM EDT

Fifty-three years after IBM programmed the first singing computer, Apple's voice-activated personal assistant Siri might be teaming up with Madonna for an unapologetic collaboration.

Fueled by Madonna's increasing use of #UnapologeticBitch on her Instagram, fans are speculating that's the title of the first single from her upcoming 13th album. And as Digital Spy points out, searching for "Unapologetic Bitch" via Siri produces a surprising result.

If you ask Siri to look up "Unapologetic bitch" on an iPhone or iPad, it takes you directly to Madonna's Wikipedia page -- which does NOT feature the words "unapologetic bitch" together. In fact, it doesn't feature the word "bitch" at all, and "unapologetic" appears just once in the lengthy Wiki entry.

Compare that to searching for "Unapologetic bitch" using a voice-activated assistant on an Android or another phone -- it just takes you to a generic Google search results page.

So either Siri is a closet Madonna fan, or Madge and Apple have teamed up in some fashion.

Might this mean Siri is a featured voice on Madonna's new album? Or does this simply indicate a business connection with Apple, similar to Beyonce making her self-titled album available exclusively on iTunes for one week?

Only time -- and endless speculation on Madonna fan forums -- will tell.

I never realised how stupid online media was until I starting posting on Mnation in 2012. They take rumors from fan message boards and make news out of it all the time :lmao:

I'm not saying the Siri thing isn't true but it reminded me of other situations

OMG! I cannot believe that Digitalspy and Billboard(!) pick up rumors like that from fan forums :D Well, the more exposure the new album gets, the better it is. I wonder if we made up something totally non-sense like Madonna and Gaga want to put an end to their feud with a dogfight between Olga and Asia, they would buy it :D

who cares about US/UK radio, they wont play her regardless

too funny if all this aint true though! lol

Yeah and this rumour was from someone who supposedly heard it. Could be very genuine or messing about. Madonna's people surely know this Siri rumour is all over the media?

Your nickname is probably set to Madonna lol I got the same reply but with my own name.

its from twitter :p not mine. i live in europe so no siri for me unfortunately :p

but yeah, that makes sense. unfortunately.. would've been so cool if siri actually did say that.

SEPT032014

Madonna's Next Album Not Coming This Year?

I have an industry source who is skeptical (to say the least) of the speculation that Madonna's about to drop her new album. He tells me:

Its not coming out this year - if there was to be a 2014 release, sales sheet and other trade information would have already started circulating, unless it was to come out just before Xmas, which is unacceptable in European markets, where she is still a strong seller. She is not finished yet, so the plan is a spring 2015 release, much likely matched with tour ticket sales opening / announcement. She has written and demoed several songs with different teams and is still recording the final dozen or so. Then there is mixing, which as usual she monitors in person. No Madonna album has ever been released without having it mastered and handed to the label 2 months prior to street date, which is the time she usually takes to focus on videos, advance promo, long lead press, photo shoots. Hence, we would by now have clear evidence of a fall release, if there was to be one. At the same time her strategy is to lead the game and she leaks info herself directly through Instagram, teasing with song titles, small clips, photos and quotes, so she can (try to) control it, but the recent info leak on song titles and detailed contents was absolutely not planned.

Thoughts?

Hmm well if the above is true, who the hell is leaking lyrics etc? No doubt the actual snippets will be leaked too. They should seriously release some statement if the album is not released this year.

Sad, but it can be true, not that we don't know that already. I don't want a Beyoncé-esque surprise release, I'd rather wait for spring, but I don't like that idea either :D So now what…

SEPT032014

Madonna's Next Album Not Coming This Year?

I have an industry source who is skeptical (to say the least) of the speculation that Madonna's about to drop her new album. He tells me:

Its not coming out this year - if there was to be a 2014 release, sales sheet and other trade information would have already started circulating, unless it was to come out just before Xmas, which is unacceptable in European markets, where she is still a strong seller. She is not finished yet, so the plan is a spring 2015 release, much likely matched with tour ticket sales opening / announcement. She has written and demoed several songs with different teams and is still recording the final dozen or so. Then there is mixing, which as usual she monitors in person. No Madonna album has ever been released without having it mastered and handed to the label 2 months prior to street date, which is the time she usually takes to focus on videos, advance promo, long lead press, photo shoots. Hence, we would by now have clear evidence of a fall release, if there was to be one. At the same time her strategy is to lead the game and she leaks info herself directly through Instagram, teasing with song titles, small clips, photos and quotes, so she can (try to) control it, but the recent info leak on song titles and detailed contents was absolutely not planned.

Thoughts?

probably true

maybe the siri thing is another we r superstars?

Hmm well if the above is true, who the hell is leaking lyrics etc? No doubt the actual snippets will be leaked too. They should seriously release some statement if the album is not released this year.

GMAYL history all over again? They really don't learn from the mistakes :mellow: