New album thread: "Good things come to those who wait" says the Queen

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but when you type 'unapologetic bitch' into Google or bing or whatever, the top results all relate to Madonna. So maybe Siri just pulls up Madonna's Wikipedia entry based on that.

+1 My first thought.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but when you type 'unapologetic bitch' into Google or bing or whatever, the top results all relate to Madonna. So maybe Siri just pulls up Madonna's Wikipedia entry based on that.

Perhaps, but just strange wiki doesn't have a listing for "unapologetic bitch" or is it mentioned on any page in Madonna's wiki, and instead of Siri saying "okay, let me search the web for that", it directly brings up Madonna's wiki page...

...annnnd maybe we're all just reading way too much into things that don't exist! :lol:

Interesting that "Bitch I'm Madonna" (or "Unapologetic Bitch") has been rumoured to be the lead single for months already. Personally, I find the rumours to be very exciting as always, just one thing I've been wondering is how they're gonna get this song to play on the radio with a song title like that. Apparently, she drops the "bitch" expression in crucial parts like the refrain, so censoring it without messing the whole thing up will be a bit tricky. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I'm certain they will figure out something if they really plan to release it, but I do think it is a rather unusual and, in a way, impractical title for the lead single...

who the hell is Siri?

Siri is Apple's voice-controlled personal assistant which has been an integral part of iOS for the past 2 years.

Interesting that "Bitch I'm Madonna" (or "Unapologetic Bitch") has been rumoured to be the lead single for months already. Personally, I find the rumours to be very exciting as always, just one thing I've been wondering is how they're gonna get this song to play on the radio with a song title like that. Apparently, she drops the "bitch" expression in crucial parts like the refrain, so censoring it without messing the whole thing up will be a bit tricky. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I'm certain they will figure out something if they really plan to release it, but I do think it is a rather unusual and, in a way, impractical title for the lead single...

Oh please... they play a lot of tunes with much worse lyrics and all they do is bleep them out and everybody is happy.. don't see why they wouldn't do that for Madonna... it's 2014 now NOT 1995 when she released Human Nature and everybody was debating the word bitch on the song.. cleverly they bleeped it out with a door bang back then.. they are going to come up with something better this time i reckon. Naturally, i ll download the explicit version lol

The Siri involvement and the Boyz II Men sample are pure speculation at this point.. although i must say it does sound somewhat genius as the Iphone generation will jump on it as soon as they hear it.. i already wonder who came up with the idea...

The reggae style doesn't surprise me at all.. after all Diplo is known for his Dancehall beats so i was kind of expecting something like that. i'm into Dancehall music so i'm excited about this Unapologetic Bitch now.. i hope it's going to sound completely different from the records he's done in the past cus i don't wanna hear another Hard Candy and MDNA line of criticism where she jumps on a bandwagon a few years too late. i want her to be a leader this time NOT a follower.

I don't get which part of motownphilly has been used otherwise id hassle them too.

It's alledgedly the ''mmm hmmm' part, which you can hear around the 0:20 mark and again at 1:30, 2:40 and 3:40.

My friend is a really good Rihanna fan and i just told her Madonna's having a Dancehall-inspired record out soon. She said no way... as Rihanna is recording her new album as well and it will also be out by end of year and she said Rihanna's going to have same sort of sound too (crazy reggae beats apparently and it is also a concept album that's going to be highly advertised) So, whoever decides when to release this new single do it NOW as can you imagine if Rihanna is going to release it earlier? Especially if the rumors of having a Rihanna kind of chorus (whatever that means lol) are true... Madonna better put it out first. That's all i'm saying...

My friend is a really good Rihanna fan and i just told her Madonna's having a Dancehall-inspired record out soon. She said no way... as Rihanna is recording her new album as well and it will also be out by end of year and she said Rihanna's going to have same sort of sound too (crazy reggae beats apparently and it is also a concept album that's going to be highly advertised) So, whoever decides when to release this new single do it NOW as can you imagine if Rihanna is going to release it earlier? Especially if the rumors of having a Rihanna kind of chorus (whatever that means lol) are true... Madonna better put it out first. That's all i'm saying...

121dancerslamBA.jpg

I am so stressed right now...

Dancehall isn't new. It doesn't matter who puts it out first…jeez

Of course it is not.

As Electronica wasn't new when Madonna used it for Ray Of Light but she's usually really good at taking something that's somehow underground and bring it to the mainstream so everybody can fully enjoy it. That's why she's the queen of pop after all!

All i was saying is if they both come out with same kind of sound it will look rather silly and we all know Madonna would be trashed and ridiculed if they suggest she's copying Rihanna... unless Rihanna is the secret feature artist.. which would make sense.

Of course it is not.

As Electronica wasn't new when Madonna used it for Ray Of Light but she's usually really good at taking something that's somehow underground and bring it to the mainstream so everybody can fully enjoy it. That's why she's the queen of pop after all!

All i was saying is if they both come out with same kind of sound it will look rather silly and we all know Madonna would be trashed and ridiculed if they suggest she's copying Rihanna... unless Rihanna is the secret feature artist.. which would make sense.

I get what you are saying but I don't agree with it because back when she introduced the electronica sound to the mainstream masses with ROL, it was a completely different situation than it is now. Everybody and their mother have release a dancehall inspired track already, the trademark Diplo sound cannot be considered underground anymore.

But as Diplo described it, it's going to be a 'new' and insane sound and that's why it doesn't matter when she is going to release it. As for the secret featured artist, I believe it's going to Miley Cyrus on a remixed version of the track but who knows really...

Yes of course let's all panic and freak out because someone's friend who is someone's friend on this forum heard a rumour that some pop star may record something which may sound similar to something that Madonna may have recorded. Or not.

Seriously you couldn't half come up with most of the shit here sometimes. :rotfl:

Seriously you need to get a grip!

Wow so much info out of nowhere, seems like the album was handed to live nation, for all that to happen almost over night

It's probably a sampler or something.

Anyway the album would be handed in to Interscope, not Live Nation.

I get what you are saying but I don't agree with it because back when she introduced the electronica sound to the mainstream masses with ROL, it was a completely different situation than it is now. Everybody and their mother have release a dancehall inspired track already, the trademark Diplo sound cannot be considered underground anymore.

But as Diplo described it, it's going to be a 'new' and insane sound and that's why it doesn't matter when she is going to release it. As for the secret featured artist, I believe it's going to Miley Cyrus on a remixed version of the track but who knows really...

i agree!