Nonoka

So, it's no secret many of M's songs in her comprehensive catalogue are criminally underrated among her fanbase, and I find this to apply to this particular song as well:

In my opinion, this is without a doubt one of her most haunting and enigmatic songs. The instrumental itself is a beautiful piece of music (the strings give me goosebumps everytime!) and underlyed with her encapsulating vocals makes this a masterpiece, fascinating from start to finish. Together with Massive Attack, she definitely donned a magic rendition of this classic track.

I also gotta say the video, albeit never having seen an official release, turned out brilliant as well and contributes to the haunting atmosphere of the song. It's rather simple, yet so effective in visualizing the song's feelings.

What do you guys think of it? I rarely see this song being discussed on Madonna boards, so here's the place to share your thoughts!

I don't think this song is underrated by any means. Fans love it and with good reason! It is one of the best things she's ever done and the Massive Attack collaboration was a dream come true! This song works in so many ways, it's sad, melancholic, yet strong, powerful and intense. A+ x100000000 :dramatic:

I like the production she chose for the song - but truthfully, it's a difficult song to listen to from beginning to end. Although when you're in a very specific type of mood, the song can be fantastic! I am, however, baffled that she thought it would be a good choice for a single. Thankfully, she recorded You'll See:)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Everything about it is perfect. Such a shame it couldn't be properly promoted as a single for stupid legal reasons.

I like the production she chose for the song - but truthfully, it's a difficult song to listen to from beginning to end. Although when you're in a very specific type of mood, the song can be fantastic! I am, however, baffled that she thought it would be a good choice for a single. Thankfully, she recorded You'll See:)

High?

Love the song/video but only cause it's M lol. Sultry, scorchin' hot (um..kinda Rachel cut M) but def. not single worthy lol. Love the HAIR and 200% restoration of her being drop dead beautiful again after the 1993 choppy/botched/hard look lol. '95 was positively the year she started to *rapidly incline/re-erect herself after the dreadful late 92-early 94 'era' :#

Great song, and a great opener to Something to Remember, I love the video, it's so haunting and 90s, I love the little details in the music, very well produced...

Now... can somebody please start a thread for Can't Stop??? As I still can't create a thread yet, and I'm beginning to see the wonders of this forgotten gem, I want to see what others think of it.

Edited by tasteinmen

this is one of her best songs, and the beginning, in my opinion, of the mega acclaimed madonna of the late nineties.This song it´s perfect, and sometimes Frozen reminds me of it. In fact, Frozen is a little bit of a mixture between LAP (the drums:slow, fast,slow, fast...) and I want you (the haunting orchestra)

I wsih this song was more famous between the regular people

Adore it. The full length orchestral version with the conductor talking at the end? Well, that's when I found out guys could have multiple orgasms too! :dramatic:

Where can I hear this!?

I think it's one of her finest recorded vocals, & It should b done live...

My Imaginary I Want You/Sanctuary (with elements of Bedtime Story) suite, on the second leg of the Drowned World Tour was everythang :dramatic:

Where can I hear this!?

I think it's one of her finest recorded vocals, & It should b done live...

My Imaginary I Want You/Sanctuary (with elements of Bedtime Story) suite, on the second leg of the Drowned World Tour was everythang :dramatic: