"Get Over" is actually a very good song. I yearn to hear her solo version

Crystal Coffin

You can feel her touch, her essence, her magic in this track. And Nick doesn't sound bad too.

As I'm typing this post, I'm listening to the "Lifeboat Vocal" remix of "Rescue Me". So fucking cool -- I swear this could have been from a St. Etienne's album, it's very Foxbase Alpha.

I live for 90s Madonna :D:bow:

You can feel her touch, her essence, her magic in this track. And Nick doesn't sound bad too.

As I'm typing this post, I'm listening to the "Lifeboat Vocal" remix of "Rescue Me". So fucking cool -- I swear this could have been from a St. Etienne's album, it's very Foxbase Alpha.

I live for 90s Madonna :D:bow:

YES.

I love all of Madonna albums, but while LAP is my fave, '90s Madonna will always be my favorite EVER :wow::bow:

And i like get over, too :)

YES.

I love all of Madonna albums, but while LAP is my fave, '90s Madonna will always be my favorite EVER :wow::bow:

And i like get over, too :)

I say, those dance remixes of "Express Yourself" mark the beginning of 90s Madonna.

And yes, Bill -- that hook is to die for, it's totally Madonna-esque.

I'd love to hear the Madonna only version also. I doubt it will leak though. I can't recall any of the Madonna/ Stephan Bray collaborations leaking. She would undoubtedly sue the pants off of him if they did. I know she was upset about the "Pre-Madonna album" he released. But so glad he did it. Amazing her the beginning of career it is like her sketches to a master work of art

There are 3 songs that Maodnan gave away which i thought she should ahve kept for herself.

Get Over

Love won't wait

Just a dream

Granted LWW leaked but it was obviously a demo, in the early stages with a buggle-gum pop feel to it. Surely if she took it past that stage, it would have had more of an edge to it. The Gary Barlow version on his album was remixed by Junior Vasquez. There is a version that sounds more like the Madonna demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7kHpSTs0uo

But I do prefer the album version Junior remixed.

Also Get over was recorded with a more generic, bland production by Nick Scotti and re-recorded with Shep Pettibone during the erotica sessions using the version we all know, with Madonna's background vocals.

Edited by TriggerMGee

I agree. Just a Dream is glorious, she could have reworked the track with Pettibone, as a "safe track" in Erotica.

Love Won't Wait would have been perfect in Bedtime Stories. The same with Get Over.

I agree. Just a Dream is glorious, she could have reworked the track with Pettibone, as a "safe track" in Erotica.

Love Won't Wait would have been perfect in Bedtime Stories. The same with Get Over.

Yup, completely agree.

The Get Over remixes are only worth checking out just for Shep's remix. the other ones are bland. FYI.

there is one remix where Madonna's vocals are ever present.

There are 3 songs that Maodnan gave away which i thought she should ahve kept for herself.

Get Over

Love won't wait

Just a dream

Granted LWW leaked but it was obviously a demo, in the early stages with a buggle-gum pop feel to it. Surely if she took it past that stage, it would have had more of an edge to it. The Gary Barlow version on his album was remixed by Junior Vasquez. There is a version that sounds more like the Madonna demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7kHpSTs0uo

But I do prefer the album version Junior remixed.

Also Get over was recorded with a more generic, bland production by Nick Scotti and re-recorded with Shep Pettibone during the erotica sessions using the version we all know, with Madonna's background vocals.

I think you should add EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART to this list.