Music (Extended Version): This must be genuine isn't it?

Crystal Coffin

This was leaked a few years back, along with various other demo and incomplete, alternate takes of the track. There are some with Madonna speaking to Mirwais at the start and stop of the recordings. Fun stuff!

This was leaked a few years back, along with various other demo and incomplete, alternate takes of the track. There are some with Madonna speaking to Mirwais at the start and stop of the recordings. Fun stuff!

exactly right. I remember those.

Reminds me of the DWT live version. It's very good! Maybe you don't like the official remixes of MUSIC bc they're so different from the original? That's the point of remixes, though. They have a nice hard beat.

Reminds me of the DWT live version. It's very good! Maybe you don't like the official remixes of MUSIC bc they're so different from the original? That's the point of remixes, though. They have a nice hard beat.

I like plenty of remixes that are different from the originals, but the "Music" remixes failed to work for me :lol: I don't think the deejays "understand" the song well enough, honestly. Compare those to what Stuart Price did with "Hollywood" -- you can tell he showed respect to the song's essence.

Guest bluejean

Let's be honest, this song is like Hung Up in that it's so perfect the only way is down when it comes to remixes.

I think I remember reading that remixers were sent the vocals and other parts of the song without the actual final track as a reference point. So maybe that's why they "didn't understand the song."

And yes, a lot of the remixes are shit although as I said in the other thread I love the Groove Armada ones. I have always wanted her to do that version live. Although this coming tour I actually would love her to do the original version again.

Guest bluejean

Oh how I wish they still did 7" and 12" mixes of singles. I LIVE for those.

I wonder why no one does 12" extended versions anymore? They seemed to die out with the introduction of club remixes. Did clubs used to play those extended versions of songs before club remixes were invented?

Nearly 15 years old and still sounds so fresh and timeless. Could easily be slotted into any decent DJ set today.

And you people are crazy. Music was one of the few times in the 00s Madonna's had a decent wide-ranging set of remixes from actual decent remixers that actually got played in clubs.

And you people are crazy. Music was one of the few times in the 00s Madonna's had a decent wide-ranging set of remixes from actual decent remixers that actually got played in clubs.

Oh you sweet cream. "Music" and "Get Together" have the worst remixes. The best ones are those of "Die Another Day", "Sorry", "Jump" and "Hollywood". :elite:

Oh you sweet cream. "Music" and "Get Together" have the worst remixes. The best ones are those of "Die Another Day", "Sorry", "Jump" and "Hollywood". :elite:

Oh my little pot of sour cream & chives. There's a different Music mix for everyone. From Hex Hector to Deep Dish, Calderone to Groove Armada. There's really nothing else anyone could do with the song (except a traditional extended mix as presented here) Those other songs probably have maybe one stand out mix - max.

I'm anything but sour! :lol:

I dedicate the Axwell remix of "Jump" to you. :D

But Sweet n Sour is the perfect combo ;)

Axewell? WHo dat? Sounds like sumsorta serial killer or summat!

Oh i'm joshing, i know who axwell is (or WAS - thankfully they've retreated back to obscurity where they belong) That remix is shockingly inept tho it does have a touch of the deep dish mix of Music bout it.

Oh my little pot of sour cream & chives. There's a different Music mix for everyone. From Hex Hector to Deep Dish, Calderone to Groove Armada. There's really nothing else anyone could do with the song (except a traditional extended mix as presented here) Those other songs probably have maybe one stand out mix - max.

:dead: :dead: :dead: Kim, you have been SO needed around here.