New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

That's why I think it's completely made up or a joke song by Madonna. I'm sure she likes to lead the media on. I would totally have my fun if I were in her position.

Not that I am saying that's how it is. I just cannot see her dragging something so not worth it on.

I agree, Madonna wouldn't waste her time on Gaga anymore at this point, not in a serious way.

Also she's about "revolution of love" and supposedly this album is part of Art for freedom, having a diss song is a complete opposite of what's she's been promoting on IG.

Living for Love will be her first single. I think lol

This doesn't necessarily mean anything -- because I don't even remember if they included MDNA in the music preview which would have preceded that release, but ... Entertainment Weekly has a "Fall Music Preview" in this issue, and there is no mention of Madonna anywhere. Even at the end, where they mention unconfirmed albums without concrete release dates, Madonna is not listed. (U2 was listed in the end as likely releasing an album this fall, but without a confirmed date.)

Again, take it with a grain of salt. That doesn't mean anything one way or another. It's just too bad there was an opportunity here to confirm a release date, and still we are in silent mode. Oh well -- we just have to be patient.

Billboard does mention her in their Fall Album Preview (yay!) but no new info in the description:

Madonna

Title and Release Date TBD

Madonna has been teasing fans through her Instagram account that new music is coming, but few official details have surfaced beyond those revealed by recent Billboard cover boy Diplo (who has already contributed four or five songs) and hookups with Avicii and Natalia Kills. Expect some reference, however, to “Unapologetic Bitch,” a phrase Madonna has been hashtagging all summer, and perhaps some sort of collaboration with recent V magazine cover co-star Katy Perry. -- Andrew Hampp

why do all those madonna sites talk as if they're in competition with another? just share what you know! now that a tabloid rumour started all of a sudden madonnatribe can talk as well? just confirm or deny those horrible lyrics. plain and simple.

MadonnaTribe's admin wrote several times that they won't publish any exclusives until their sources give them the green light. And they probably won't do that until the album is finished.

According to Paolo, M is still working on the album.

I think it's crunch time for M at the moment isn't it. All signs are pointing to an Autumn release. I believe she's tweaking, finalising track listing and hopefully onto mixing. There may be the odd last minute addition or omission but I can't see any reason for the album not to be released in November.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone in the know - Msig, Nightshade, Kimmie etc.?

^^

I'm not exactly 'in the know', but I think you're right.

Everything points towards the lead single being released within the next 8-9 weeks, with the album following in late November or early December.

^^

I'm not exactly 'in the know', but I think you're right.

Everything points towards the lead single being released within the next 8-9 weeks, with the album following in late November or early December.

Really?

I wouldn't say "anything" points towards that.

From what's been spoken about I'd say the album isn't a finished product....and a release early next year is more likely but with the first single released this November.

September is a very important month....if she uses it for "creation" (music video, artwork) we will know it's dropping this year, anything after that I doubt if will make it out this year.

That said I'm quite pleased IF she does end up going back into the studio to further record music or touch-it up, I smell real quality on it's way!

That said I'm quite pleased IF she does end up going back into the studio to further record music or touch-it up, I smell real quality on it's way!

Agreed, I don't care if it's out in November or March. It's going to be amazing and I will patiently wait...

Agreed, I don't care if it's out in November or March. It's going to be amazing and I will patiently wait...

She will just have to tease us a lot more if we have to wait :elite:

& more rumors please

I think February/March would be perfect....

Following on from ROL and LAP albums!

But I still think the first single could definetly come out in November!

Edited by Confessit

I think it's crunch time for M at the moment isn't it. All signs are pointing to an Autumn release. I believe she's tweaking, finalising track listing and hopefully onto mixing. There may be the odd last minute addition or omission but I can't see any reason for the album not to be released in November.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone in the know - Msig, Nightshade, Kimmie etc.?

Bless you for thinking that I am "in the know." I wish I was.

Personally, I am starting to lean toward a spring release, but that doesn't mean she couldn't still pull off autumn/holiday debut. I am only basing my opinion on her past launch history. It would be unusual for it to be this quiet if a single release was coming within the next month or two. But hey, anything is possible with M and it's not like I'd be sad. :)

It's September on Monday and we have zero concrete information.

The album/tour will launch next year, I'd imagine quite a lot will be happening all at once.....but I still think Madonna will drop a first single before Christmas and start promoting the album early ahead of it's release in spring 2015.

Here's the thing: I know some of you are skeptical that Madonna will pull a Beyonce, and others just don't like the idea of her following Bey's lead, etc., but hearing NO NEWS does not mean the album isn't coming out this year. All bets are off now because of what Beyonce did. Unless we hear an official statement saying otherwise, I think a 2014 release will continue to remain a real possibility.

I would love the album to be release this year, but I'd be happy if she waited until spring until everything was just right then release the album and annouce the tour, either way I don't think it's gone be like what happened at end of 2011/2012, the movie, the perfume, the superbowl, the album, the videos, the web chats, the tour announcement that was such a manic period, before the NTP

It's becoming a frustratingly more than exciting time for me as a Madonna fan. There's only so long the teasing and disappearing produces any excitement, then it just becomes 300 pages of nonsense to wade through in the hope of finding some actual news [and this isn't a personal comment to this thread, I mean generally, everywhere]. We've even been teased with leaks of old songs that have now all but disappeared.

I really do hope for some actual news soon, even if it is to say there's an album due sometime in 2015 or not at all etc.

Im thinking of a spring release which i based on HC timeline but M might pull a JT with 20/20 Experience? Correctt me if im wrong guys, i remember JT only made an announcement a few weeks before the release of the album. And after that non stop promo leading to the album's launch.

Im thinking of a spring release which i based on HC timeline but M might pull a JT with 20/20 Experience? Correctt me if im wrong guys, i remember JT only made an announcement a few weeks before the release of the album. And after that non stop promo leading to the album's launch.

Completly agree I see a spring release BUT I think there will be 2 singles dropped with the full Promo treatment!

And I think that promo could start much earlier than her last album....and the albums first promo could start before Christmas with the unveiling of a single/video.

It would give the new album the best set-up and kick start an "era" as opposed to MDNA which was rushed along to tour.