New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

MDNA was VERY short on rehearsals. Even opening night, she (they) wasn't ready and as the tour progressed, ideas evolved and changed a bit and they got better and better at the performances.

I think she (and her team) need a good 5-6 months of rehearsal. If she's not rushing the album, she's certainly not rushing herself on tour. I think this is measuring up to be another Confessions type era. I hope we get a fully conceptualized record(even though there are plenty of writers/producers on board, you can always bring it all together with the sounds and lyrical content, tracklisting, mixing and mastering etc...) with cohesive videos like Confessions.

I don't think she did that with MDNA cause she was in a rush to get to the tour and she wanted to focus on that.

as the tour progressed, ideas evolved and changed a bit and they got better and better at the performances.

I think she (and her team) need a good 5-6 months of rehearsal.

Which was the case for all her tours EXCEPT MDNA in fact. Which became lazier and sloppier as time went on - leaving her almost fit to drop by the time South America rolled around.

Madonna does NOT need 6 months performance rehearsals for a tour.

I don't think MDNA was short on rehearsals, everything already looked perfectly conceived when it kicked off. It's just that it was the first time M went out of her way and modified the show later on, something she never did previously (S&S Part 2 doesn't count as there was a long break after the first leg). And M never is at her best at the start of a tour, her and her team just need to get into the show which doesn't happen right when the tour kicks off. Just watch Blond Ambition Yokohama, it was the very same case back then.

And if she releases the new album in November and immediately begins the rehearsals right after, considering that the tour will probably star in May/Juny of 2015.

She wouldn't have time again to promote the album.

I think this time table will happen.

Album in novemeber with promo....

Then the tour will be announced, probebly just after the album, but I can see tickets on sale for it by Christmas.

I think the tour will begin in March 2015.

The thing with the MDNA Tour was the scope of the entire thing. It was HUUUUUUUUGE. Watch Moment Factory's videos on the work they did for her. There was SO much going on in a way that had never truly been done before. Just as an example, the floor of the stage: the entire thing consisted of huge screen platforms that were all programmed to move in sync with her music and her and her dancers' choreography. Then there was the actual stage, which apparently was so massive that the engineers had to invent a new system of magnetic pieces to help them speed up the entire process of putting it together and taking it apart. I remember reading about the microphones that were used and even something like that that seems so simple gave me a headache.

The amount of work that went into this concert was unprecedented and although there were a lot of small glitches, everyone involved pulled it off beautifully and REALLY raised the bar for future concerts. For me, it's things like this that will be a part of Madonna's legacy 50 years from now.

The thing with the MDNA Tour was the scope of the entire thing. It was HUUUUUUUUGE. Watch Moment Factory's videos on the work they did for her. There was SO much going on in a way that had never truly been done before. Just as an example, the floor of the stage: the entire thing consisted of huge screen platforms that were all programmed to move in sync with her music and her and her dancers' choreography. Then there was the actual stage, which apparently was so massive that the engineers had to invent a new system of magnetic pieces to help them speed up the entire process of putting it together and taking it apart. I remember reading about the microphones that were used and even something like that that seems so simple gave me a headache.

The amount of work that went into this concert was unprecedented and although there were a lot of small glitches, everyone involved pulled it off beautifully and REALLY raised the bar for future concerts. For me, it's things like this that will be a part of Madonna's legacy 50 years from now.

YUPPPPP

i love the moment factory docu. Also like the people that did her stage's docu. I'm in it!

Which was the case for all her tours EXCEPT MDNA in fact. Which became lazier and sloppier as time went on - leaving her almost fit to drop by the time South America rolled around.

Madonna does NOT need 6 months performance rehearsals for a tour.

well that's a first for me. i didn't know she changed anything (except adding or replacing ONE song) for any of her previous tours...nothing like adding and changing ideas for Like A Virgin, adding Love Spent, changing Celebration to a Give it To Me mashup and singing different songs during the speech.

I've seriously, watched whether on youtube or live almost EVERY single show (call me crazy lol) and from my view, it was the opposite. I do, remember a handful of SA shows where she was exhausted, but that could've easily been sickness or a slew of other things. From opening night to closing night, there was a vast improvement to the tour IMO and she continuously complained how little time she had rehearsing for the MDNA tour. I don't understand why she would say that if it weren't true. I don't recall her saying that for any other tour prior to MDNA and to my knowledge, I thought she had more time to prep for tour on every other tour by 2 months or more if I remember correctly.

I think this time table will happen.

Album in novemeber with promo....

Then the tour will be announced, probebly just after the album, but I can see tickets on sale for it by Christmas.

I think the tour will begin in March 2015.

Album released in November and tour by March 2015...so no promotion.

YES!!

No one's denying the scope, breadth, ambition of the tour itself and the mammoth preparation for it - as opposed to Madonna's actual performance rehearsals themselves.

well that's a first for me. i didn't know she changed anything (except adding or replacing ONE song) for any of her previous tours...nothing like adding and changing ideas for Like A Virgin, adding Love Spent, changing Celebration to a Give it To Me mashup and singing different songs during the speech.

I've seriously, watched whether on youtube or live almost EVERY single show (call me crazy lol) and from my view, it was the opposite. I do, remember a handful of SA shows where she was exhausted, but that could've easily been sickness or a slew of other things. From opening night to closing night, there was a vast improvement to the tour IMO and she continuously complained how little time she had rehearsing for the MDNA tour. I don't understand why she would say that if it weren't true. I don't recall her saying that for any other tour prior to MDNA and to my knowledge, I thought she had more time to prep for tour on every other tour by 2 months or more if I remember correctly.

Well no, I'm referring to the tightness, choreog etc of the actual main show itself as time went on...not those additions (all added during the actual tour, rehearsed during soundchecks etc)

I too was an avid youtuber of this particular tour. GGW being the prime example of a gradual slight sloppiness that slowly degraded the (still brilliant) performance.

No one's denying the scope, breadth, ambition of the tour itself and the mammoth preparation for it - as opposed to Madonna's actual performance rehearsals themselves.

She rehearsed 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for almost 4 months right after 2 months or so of rehearsals for the Super Bowl. I don't mean this as an insult, but what do you expect from her???

She rehearsed 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for almost 4 months right after 2 months or so of rehearsals for the Super Bowl. I don't mean this as an insult, but what do you expect from her???

Um I agree with you. I'm saying Madonna does not need 5-6 months rehearsal, she did perfectly well with 4 months or less for MDNA

Um I agree with you. I'm saying Madonna does not need 5-6 months rehearsal, she did perfectly well with 4 months or less for MDNA

Oh, sorry. Then who's the one saying she needs to rehearse more?

Just the guy that suggested she would release the album in Nov then go straight into rehearsals (instead of doing promo) for a May/June tour start date next year and me saying no way she would need 6 months rehearsal and on from there...

If anything it would seem Madonna is ready to give herself more time between the album release and when the tour rehearsals start.

This time she also doesn't have 2 months of planning and rehearsing a Super Bowl show.

It's amazing we got the GMAYL video, Super Bowl show, MDNA, GGW video, and the Tour almost all on top of each other.

I think this era will be different

Edited by Arnian

Well no, I'm referring to the tightness, choreog etc of the actual main show itself as time went on...not those additions (all added during the actual tour, rehearsed during soundchecks etc)

I too was an avid youtuber of this particular tour. GGW being the prime example of a gradual slight sloppiness that slowly degraded the (still brilliant) performance.

I fully agree with this. Which is also a reason I wouldn't want her to do another 6 month straight tour without any real break at all. By the time she got to South America, you could clearly see M wasn't having fun at all anymore and just forcing herself through the show, at least to the most part. That's kind of the disadvantage of all these tight and demanding choreos, she couldn't really keep up with them anymore, they were just sucking out the last ounces of energy from her body. Just compare the GGW performance from Paris (probably the best show out of the whole tour, she was ON FIRE!!!) with Buenos Aires, for instance.

The poor woman clearly was exhausted at the end and just totally over the whole show, which was something the final concerts suffered from as well - most of the time she didn't start before close to midnight IIRC, she left out songs from the setlist (LAV comes to my mind) or, who could forget, practically cut one half of the show once. I think it's safe to say if she hadn't felt that bad like she did then, those final shows would have perfectly gone ahead - like it was the case with all her previous tours.

I'm sure she realized that herself though and won't put herself through such a demanding schedule again. At least I hope so, there isn't a point in forcing yourself to perform and pissing off the audience while at that. If she had pulled off that shit she did with the South American shows in Europe instead, she would have had her reputation more than tainted, that's for sure.

ANYWAY, seems like this discussion totally shifted to the MDNA tour, but oh well, the new album threads have a well-known history of going off-topic on practically every page, so whatever :1251:

Album released in November and tour by March 2015...so no promotion.

Madonna won't promote the album for more than a month anyways!

Just look at her last 2 albums....

It gives her enough time to release 2 music videos/singles, some promo tour dates, TV, magazine shoots and interviews before Christmas.

But there still WILL be time to promote with a Novemeber release and a tour starting in spring next year.

In Rio she was ok.... But in São Paulo she seemed to be already sick.

Then came Porto Alegre and she was a little better. The rest of SA was terrible.

If the album drops this year and the tour comes in the spring, you can bet that the fall will be devoted to the album promo and tour rehearsals will start in the new year.

As has been repeated ad infinitum, tours are organised months in advance - she can still announce next years tour just after releasing later this year.

Also, unless we're talking some sort of classic timeless album here, the way the landscape of dance music changes so quickly, it would really seem redundant to hang on to this album for any longer than necessary. It may ALREADY sound dated (see Hard Candy) for all we know.

I agree. I was just pointing out that M's priorities are different from ours sometimes. And this wouldn't be the first time we expected an album by year's end only to have it come the following spring. I distinctly remember (and just confirmed by taking a look at the genesis timeline) that HC looked like it was coming at the end of 2007, but it was held until spring. It's not that she or Interscope would WANT to hold onto an album for six months after it's finished, it's that if ANYTHING should happen to make a release in time for the holidays not possible, even if it's just as simple as the label determining that they need a few more weeks if to do an effective promo/marketing campaign, they can't just push it to January or February because that's sales suicide. So they would have to wait until spring. So it's a really fine line they're walking. It was announced in September of '07 that HC wouldn't be coming until 2008. After two back-to-back spring releases that sold less than COADF, I don't think she'll repeat this pattern, but you never know.

hmmmm... why?

Cheek to Cheek drops 9/24. A new M single would overshadow it. Then again, at this point so would a new LaToya's sister single!

She isn't releasing a film this year or next year. So if the album does come out, she won't be doing one month of album promo like she did for the past two albums. But by the time December comes along, don't expect her to be doing any sit downs or live tv performances. 2 months top. That's what i see.