New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

I'm still hoping for 2014 release!! Hopefully after Labor Day we will hear SOMETHING. The Instagram updates + the album being tied to Art For Freedom make this era completely unique to other eras. There are so many possibilities when it comes to how the single/album will be released. I'm ready for a Madonna filled holiday season.......it's been a while now!

Artforfreedom ends on September 30th.

The recording has been done, mixing is in place.

Madonna is enjoying a long holiday away from work.

Everything points to a November album release with the first single dropping September/October.

I think the "creative" period will start as soon as she's celebrated her birthday.

I expect an "official" announcement of the lead single and album the first week of September.

September would definitely make sense for the single release and November for the album. Can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve:-)

September would definitely make sense for the single release and November for the album. Can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve:-)

Completly agree!

I think the first thing she will do is start organising the music video, can't wait to hear who's gonna e directing it!

I am not sure about 2014 release. If she releases it in 2014, it may not top Billboard because there may be too much competition. If she releases it in early 2015, she will very likely top the charts. It is more important for her to top the charts because she would tie with Barbra Streisand as a female artist with the most #1 albums. Sales will likely be disappointing either way - she does not care much about sales.

It's curious how some of you underestimate Madonna, i don't expect her to open with 1M in the US and yes, if she goes head to head with say a Taylor Swift, it might be tough for her to reach #1...but please remind me when was the last time a Madonna studio album failed to top the BB200? 1998? And she has released how many studio albums since...? 6? And didn't her last album open at #1 with more than 350,000 sold...?

I am not sure about 2014 release. If she releases it in 2014, it may not top Billboard because there may be too much competition. If she releases it in early 2015, she will very likely top the charts. It is more important for her to top the charts because she would tie with Barbra Streisand as a female artist with the most #1 albums. Sales will likely be disappointing either way - she does not care much about sales.

She might top the charts, but the overall sales will be lower. A #1 is nice, but a #2 with 300K is better than a #1 with 150K.

Sweet Jesus, enough with the chart shit. Madonna isn't flying by the seat of her pants and planning these things impulsively.

Its safe to say that she's going to release her new album when it best suits her tour strategy. It makes NO SENSE at all to sit on an album for an extra 3 months to release in the spring (again) when she's been promoting it all year.

Taylor Swift has about 1 album left before her schtick gets tired, Adele is going to most likely show herself to be a 1 trick pony, One Direction... whatever. U2 and the others are all catering to their own fan bases, so in this new era of the recording industry where 20,000 records sold/week can make it a top 10 hit, I doubt she's going to alter her tour plans for a few extra thousand records sold.

Its only mid August, we'll have plenty of news coming soon. At least she's let us in on the process personally this time instead of saying "shhhhh, its a secret!" for a whole year.

She's not going to miss a 4th quarter release just to avoid having a #2 album.

Sweet Jesus, enough with the chart shit. Madonna isn't flying by the seat of her pants and planning these things impulsively.

Its safe to say that she's going to release her new album when it best suits her tour strategy. It makes NO SENSE at all to sit on an album for an extra 3 months to release in the spring (again) when she's been promoting it all year.

Taylor Swift has about 1 album left before her schtick gets tired, Adele is going to most likely show herself to be a 1 trick pony, One Direction... whatever. U2 and the others are all catering to their own fan bases, so in this new era of the recording industry where 20,000 records sold/week can make it a top 10 hit, I doubt she's going to alter her tour plans for a few extra thousand records sold.

Its only mid August, we'll have plenty of news coming soon. At least she's let us in on the process personally this time instead of saying "shhhhh, its a secret!" for a whole year.

:clap:

Gus, I agree with you. Its very bizarre that Madonna keeps getting underestimated all the time. After the longevity she's had its very strange, and also tiring and tedious.

Also agree with Madryan, esp about Taylor Swift. Can't believe people are still interested in her. Her whole career is one song sung 15 different ways, all of them annoying. Don't get it.

:clap: Love everything you post.

Thank you!

And if she releases the new album in November and immediately begins the rehearsals right after, considering that the tour will probably star in May/Juny of 2015.

She wouldn't have time again to promote the album.

Just to add to this endless list of conjecture....NO WAY would she need six months of rehearsals.

when was the last time her album had "longevity"?

that the word lambs, monsters, turtle necks and jloestians keep throwing around since their albums flopped..

^ I guess COADF? It had a little bit of longevity, and it was largely due to it being a fall release and getting little boosts along the way.

Some of you are assuming that she doesn't think releasing the album right before she tours is the best way to go. If she's touring in 2015, she could very well decide to hold the album until spring to do a repeat of MDNA (after all, it did help boost her first-week sales). Our priorities (whether it's hearing new music ASAP or taking advantage of holiday sales) may not be hers if touring is really what's important to her these days. I'm not saying I believe this is the case, but just putting it out there.

As has been repeated ad infinitum, tours are organised months in advance - she can still announce next years tour just after releasing later this year.

Also, unless we're talking some sort of classic timeless album here, the way the landscape of dance music changes so quickly, it would really seem redundant to hang on to this album for any longer than necessary. It may ALREADY sound dated (see Hard Candy) for all we know.

Just to add to this endless list of conjecture....NO WAY would she need six months of rehearsals.

Yep, it normally takes about 3 months for her to get the show ready, at least that's how it was was with her recent tours. MDNA Tour started at the end of May and she went into rehearsals right after they shot the GGW video IIRC, which was at the end of February.