New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

Comeback from what? MDNA went #1 in ovrr 50 countries and she had another HUGE MEGA GROSSING TOUR IN 2012

Madonna also made $125 mollion, more money THAN ANY OTHER CELEBRITY THAT YEAT

And then theres the Superbowl...

Comeback from,what?

We are talking comeback in a sense of going #1 with a huge hit that plays on the radio 20 times a day, that clubs play 5 times a night, that people dance to and go wild, with PEOPLE I mean not only Madonna fans. The subject here is not touring or album sales.

The annoying part of these forums is to have to explain everything you write as people seem to have problems with reality as in their minds Madonna is the top selling hugest star when currently she is not and hasn't been since COADF. Again explaining: regarding single and album charts not touring.

But do we only define a comeback album by having commercial success? Obviously we all want her to do amazingly well again, but, as many others have already stated, the most important thing is the quality of the music. If she puts out a musical masterpiece with this (i.e. something much better than Hard Candy or MDNA) and manages to fascinate me as much as her past acclaimed records do, I will consider this a comeback album by all means as well, even if it won't do well in the charts.

But do we only define a comeback album by having commercial success? Obviously we all want her to do amazingly well again, but, as many others have already stated, the most important thing is the quality of the music. If she puts out a musical masterpiece with this (i.e. something much better than Hard Candy or MDNA) and manages to fascinate me as much as her past acclaimed records do, I will consider this a comeback album by all means as well, even if it won't do well in the charts.

No we don't but the comeback I and the other guy wrote about is regarding A HIT, write your own comeback text and F off.

When I hear the word "comeback album" I think of artists who haven't released a new album for a really long time like 10 years or something like that. The term is used like that all the time even when the albums don't do that well commercially. It doesn't seem to apply to Madonna who releases new albums fairly frequently.

No we don't but the comeback I and the other guy wrote about is regarding A HIT, write your own comeback text and F off.

Please don't be so friendly, we don't want to talk to other members in a respectful manner :1251:

Hmm. I think MDNA is considered her comeback album. She was quiet for 4 years. However the general public probably saw Madonna for the first time in 10-15 years at the Super Bowl. MDNA was also her first album post new gen pop stars, post social media, etc. I don't think that comeback is defined by having spent time away, I think it means, "what success have you had lately," and M hasn't had much.

You are really rude, only 20 posts and most of what i've seen from you is attacks against other members and a condescending attitude. If you don't like it here you can FUCK off to some place else you know. I'm reporting you.

With fans like these...

Seriously i think some people in here need to shut the fuck up and go outside for a walk.

GMAYL went top 10 and it was a heap of shit

Its as you have all actually given up

Madonnas next single will go #1 worldwide !!!

Name me an act this is over 50 who has had just as,much success if not more than M during the MDNA era?

You can't

Thats what I thought

She has nothing to prove anymore

And shes still the moat successful, album sales, minor hit song and touring, over 50 artist in music

This is a FACT

STriesand, Cher, Springsteen and Pig Elton would LOVE to have the commercial success she had during the MDNA era

These legendary, older veteran artists are whose commercial success Madonnas recent work should be compared to, NOT 25 year old basic pop girls

So much attacking in here over chart success!! Can't we just celebrate the excitement of a new album, era and tour?! I mean we are all in here for the same reason, to share our thoughts and views on M. It's just a shame there's always such negativity in the forums.

When I hear the word "comeback album" I think of artists who haven't released a new album for a really long time like 10 years or something like that. The term is used like that all the time even when the albums don't do that well commercially. It doesn't seem to apply to Madonna who releases new albums fairly frequently.

I think there are all kinds of comebacks, big and small, creative and commercial. Bedtime Stories was technically M's first "comeback" album, as it followed Erotica, which performed less successfully than previous albums and was part of her media "backlash." One could say that "I'll Remember" was the real comeback though, as it was her most successful single in the U.S. in years.

Ray Of Light was another kind of comeback. Even though BS put her back on top with TAB, etc., it was her first album in almost four years and many had written her off as past her prime (creatively and commercially), even fans. She reinvented herself and made a "comeback" with her biggest sales since TIC, a new sound, and nominations like Album of the Year.

You could call COADF a small comeback following AL. 4M was a big comeback on U.S. radio - her biggest radio hit since the Music era. I would definitely not call MDNA a comeback though. The new album could be if she has a big hit or it's highly praised by both fans/critics.

I think there are all kinds of comebacks, big and small, creative and commercial. Bedtime Stories was technically M's first "comeback" album, as it followed Erotica, which performed less successfully than previous albums and was part of her media "backlash." One could say that "I'll Remember" was the real comeback though, as it was her most successful single in the U.S. in years.

Ray Of Light was another kind of comeback. Even though BS put her back on top with TAB, etc., it was her first album in almost four years and many had written her off as past her prime (creatively and commercially), even fans. She reinvented herself and made a "comeback" with her biggest sales since TIC, a new sound, and nominations like Album of the Year.

You could call COADF a small comeback following AL. 4M was a big comeback on U.S. radio - her biggest radio hit since the Music era. I would definitely not call MDNA a comeback though. The new album could be if she has a big hit or it's highly praised by both fans/critics.

Madonnas consistently been on the music/public consciousness since 1983.

Unlike many of her contempories, she's never really been away, and her success has been maintained commercially and critically, obviously she HAD had her "hayday" 1983-1990 was undoubtedly her golden years that established her as legend, and that 8-year hiatus is STILL way more culturally and commercially golden than any of the divas that have come after her!

The ONLY real "comeback" I would say she's wet really had was Ray Of Light in 1998.

She ended the 90s BACK on a commercial high that she hadn't really seen since she left the 80s but that's only commercial.

That album was seen then, and still today as her best ever, and came at a time when she was in her 15th year of recording, turning 40 and it was her biggest musical re-invention, she turned herself Completly from in many peoples eye (critics, general public and some fans) as the "once queen of pop" into a current pop star again....she was winning "best female" awards in catagories with pop stars half her age!

I don't see the new album as a "comeback" it's just a resurgence as MDNA was luke-warm....critically as commercially.

People saying that Madonna doesn't need the radio. Ok, I agree. However, if you don't live in USA, speak for your country only please! In America, people move about mostly in their own cars, unless they live in a big city like New York where you can hop on a train. Most Americans therefore DO listen to the radios, while in their cars, as well as at work. Most work places turn up popular radio stations. Whatever is played on the radios is usually some top 40 on iTunes as well. And guess what? It DOES benefit the artists who's songs are heard throughout America in the current days. People have tendency to buy what's popular. I've said this before, most people in America really DO believe Madonna is over. She hasn't been much in a spot light for some time. Madonna is THE pop Queen. Pop music is short for POPULAR! So yes, it would be very nice for Madonna to get a few radio deals, perform on TV and do some promotion.

Guest Rachelle of London

People saying that Madonna doesn't need the radio. Ok, I agree. However, if you don't live in USA, speak for your country only please! In America, people move about mostly in their own cars, unless they live in a big city like New York where you can hop on a train. Most Americans therefore DO listen to the radios, while in their cars, as well as at work. Most work places turn up popular radio stations. Whatever is played on the radios is usually some top 40 on iTunes as well. And guess what? It DOES benefit the artists who's songs are heard throughout America in the current days. People have tendency to buy what's popular. I've said this before, most people in America really DO believe Madonna is over. She hasn't been much in a spot light for some time. Madonna is THE pop Queen. Pop music is short for POPULAR! So yes, it would be very nice for Madonna to get a few radio deals, perform on TV and do some promotion.

I was referring to Radio One, a dilapidated radio station in the UK. Not all radio in general

Name me an act this is over 50 who has had just as,much success if not more than M during the MDNA era?

You can't

Yes I can, her name is Cher and she did this 16 years ago with an album called BELIEVE which sold over 11 million copies, oh and she was 53 at that time.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Isn't it mildly upsetting that Madonna and Avicii don't follow each other on IG and that they both were in Ibiza at the same time and didn't meet (as far as we know of course) ?

It is. There must have been some kind of falling out.

Im talking about,rcently MDNABRAZUKA, not in 19 FUCKING 98!

And Believe at 11 million sold was,Chers biggest,selling album

Madonna has

TIC 30 mil

TB 25 mil

LAV 21 mil

Rol 16 to 20 mil

Get the picture?

Before her brief comeback with Believe, Chers career was as dead as a corpse, reduced to doing infomercials

And then she had her ONE big hit comeback song and album.

Madonna has always,more or less been on top since 1984

Hell Madonna was the 3rd top selling,music,artist of the 2000s decade worldwide.

Amazing longevity

Cher, who has been around since the 60s, has NEVER had a decade where she ranked among the best selling acts

Madonna, has ranked among the top 5 biggest selling artists worldwide FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DECADES.

You cant compare the two

Im talking about,rcently MDNABRAZUKA, not in 19 FUCKING 98!

And Believe at 11 million sold was,Chers biggest,selling album

Madonna has

TIC 30 mil

TB 25 mil

LAV 21 mil

Rol 16 to 20 mil

Get the picture?

Before her brief comeback with Believe, Chers career was as dead as a corpse, reduced to doing infomercials

And then she had her ONE big hit comeback song and album.

Madonna has always,more or less been on top since 1984

Hell Madonna was the 3rd top selling,music,artist of the 2000s decade worldwide.

Amazing longevity

Cher, who has been around since the 60s, has NEVER had a decade where she ranked among the best selling acts

Madonna, has ranked among the top 5 biggest selling artists worldwide FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DECADES.

You cant compare the two

I adore cher but I completely agree with this post!

"Believe" was a very lucky fluke for Cher indeed, she has totally disappeared and then reappeared like so many others....

Madonna has remained A-list for 30years and is always in the public eye.

Back the album...

I think we WILL get a new single this fall, not convinced on the album though.

And you are? YOU can fuck off for a week! You and that Trigger Magoo newbie are mistaking this for another inferior Madonna forum.