New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

US chart experts, I have a question. How possible would it be for M to ever have a Believe-esque hit like Cher had in her 50s? (Assuming the song was amazing) How has the landscape changed since then to make it more or less of a possibility?

Well for someone who is pushing 40, isn't very attractive, and doesn't show her face in her videos and performances, your girl Sia was able to score a #1. Then again, that's all just promotional techniques and the quality of the song. I guess if those two factors work in M's favor, maybe there's a chance for one more #1?

Cher is,hardly an «american darling" she has never had a number 1 album on the Billboard album charts and Believe was only her 5th #1 single, including with Sonny, during her then 30,year,career.

And she hasnt had anything resembling a hit since.

Well for someone who is pushing 40, isn't very attractive, and doesn't show her face in her videos and performances, your girl Sia was able to score a #1. Then again, that's all just promotional techniques and the quality of the song. I guess if those two factors work in M's favor, maybe there's a chance for one more #1?

Doesn't show her face? No wonder. I saw an Ellen clip with this silly bitch singing FACING A WALL, while what looked like a scene from horror movie The Ring, unfolded around her! How did that ish get to no.1?!

There is a chance for M most definitely.

If she wants to score a #1 she needs to have a good song with a radio deal, a video that goes viral and a few tv/award show performances. That, along with the name MADONNA, should work

Doesn't show her face? No wonder. I saw an Ellen clip with this silly bitch singing FACING A WALL, while what looked like a scene from horror movie The Ring, unfolded around her! How did that ish get to no.1?!

There is a chance for M most definitely.

Well, first off, Sia is basically beloved in the industry. She's written countless hits for other artists and has finally earned the label support she deserves. So that's why she's doing well. She's got the label and radio behind her. And also, it's a good song.

Well, first off, Sia is basically beloved in the industry. She's written countless hits for other artists and has finally earned the label support she deserves. So that's why she's doing well. She's got the label and radio behind her. And also, it's a good song.

Yes, yes. I'm well aware of that. Whoop and I have a little ongoing joke about overrated rent-a-hit Sia and Madonna dumping her shit in the trash...that's all. Now move along.

Billboard magazine talked with Diplo and learned 5 details about his high-power collaboration with Madonna on her upcoming album. They had three studio sessions so far, MNEK is also involved on her new album…

1. Diplo has joined Madonna for three studio sessions so far, and the alcohol was flowing on one night: They were in New York and London, and he’s clearly excited about how the recording went. “One [song] is super weird,” Diplo says. “Late one night in the studio we got a little bit drunk and she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it. I think it’s going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly.”
  2. What does Madonna drink when she gets drunk in the studio? Rosé. “It was nice,” says Diplo. “I don’t think she really drinks, either.”
  3. Ariel Rechtshaid and MNEK are also involved. Rechtshaid, who has collaborated with Vampire Weekend and Sky Ferreira, and MNEK, the London songwriter who worked on Disclosure’s album, have gone into the studio to work out the verses of a song that Madonna has taken a shine to. Rechtshaid has joined Diplo and Madonna for their studio sessions.
  4. Madonna invited Diplo to her Oscar party… but he couldn’t make it. Still, the pair began texting, and Diplo sent Madonna over some music. Madonna took the production more seriously than Diplo could have imagined. “She wrote me back like a 20-page text, notes about all these songs,” he says — and a collaboration was underway.
  5. One of the in-the-works Madonna tracks has unwittingly evolved into a big pop record. “That song is on like version 20,” Diplo says of the as-yet-untitled track. “It went from a piano ballad to a ‘Turn Down for What’-style song, which I didn’t like. Now it’s somewhere in the middle.”

Billboard magazine talked with Diplo and learned 5 details about his high-power collaboration with Madonna on her upcoming album. They had three studio sessions so far, MNEK is also involved on her new album…

• Diplo has joined Madonna for three studio sessions so far, and the alcohol was flowing on one night: They were in New York and London, and he’s clearly excited about how the recording went. “One [song] is super weird,” Diplo says. “Late one night in the studio we got a little bit drunk and she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it. I think it’s going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly.”
  • What does Madonna drink when she gets drunk in the studio? Rosé. “It was nice,” says Diplo. “I don’t think she really drinks, either.”
  • Ariel Rechtshaid and MNEK are also involved. Rechtshaid, who has collaborated with Vampire Weekend and Sky Ferreira, and MNEK, the London songwriter who worked on Disclosure’s album, have gone into the studio to work out the verses of a song that Madonna has taken a shine to. Rechtshaid has joined Diplo and Madonna for their studio sessions.
  • Madonna invited Diplo to her Oscar party… but he couldn’t make it. Still, the pair began texting, and Diplo sent Madonna over some music. Madonna took the production more seriously than Diplo could have imagined. “She wrote me back like a 20-page text, notes about all these songs,” he says — and a collaboration was underway.
  • One of the in-the-works Madonna tracks has unwittingly evolved into a big pop record. “That song is on like version 20,” Diplo says of the as-yet-untitled track. “It went from a piano ballad to a ‘Turn Down for What’-style song, which I didn’t like. Now it’s somewhere in the middle.”

Exciting tidbits !!!! Can't wait! :laugh:

The article makes it seem like the record is no where near completion though.

Certainly is exciting about what is in the article though. Ariel being heavily involved is really exciting because his work is usually fantastic.

The MNEK rumors turned out to be true as well.

Also, I think it's interesting to note that once again we got new information from Diplo and not from Avicii. We have heard nothing about the Avicii collab since she posted that Instagram. Seems odd since she wrote so many songs with that team.

1. Ariel Rechtshaid and MNEK are also involved. Rechtshaid, who has collaborated with Vampire Weekend and Sky Ferreira, and MNEK, the London songwriter who worked on Disclosure’s album, have gone into the studio to work out the verses of a song that Madonna has taken a shine to. Rechtshaid has joined Diplo and Madonna for their studio sessions.

So, DrownedMadonna was right after all...

The article makes it seem like the record is no where near completion though.

Certainly is exciting about what is in the article though. Ariel being heavily involved is really exciting because his work is usually fantastic.

The MNEK rumors turned out to be true as well.

Also, I think it's interesting to note that once again we got new information from Diplo and not from Avicii. We have heard nothing about the Avicii collab since she posted that Instagram. Seems odd since she wrote so many songs with that team.

maybe those sessions got scrapped which is why she began texting diplo. i think she went into the studio with avicii at the time of her oscar party. maybe she enjoyed what diplo sent her after those sessions

but i obviously don't know, so don't quote me. it does seem odd that there is no mention of avicii anymore

Guest eroticerotic

sounds like this album will be in the same vein of Bedtime Stories and Ray Of Light where she started with an idea and completely scrapped it for a more honest sound

So there's a song in the middle of being a piano balad and a "Turn down for what" song... I WANT THIS NOW PLEASE THANK YOU

This album is going to be so much fun!

ugh a combination like that sounds so exciting :o i really hope she's gonna shake people up with this new record :)

Her success has nothing to do with support from other artists. Success in general has nothing to do with that. She had something interesting with her brand, like Gorillaz and Daft Punk.

I want my new Madonna album. Every time I come here it ain't here. WHERE IS IT?

I'm with you! I'm always hoping for a surprise and then nothing. This wait seems so much longer now that she can tease us on social media.

We got a lot of info about the Aviccii tracks that didn't come from Instagram. We knew about the writers involved, how M split everyone into 2 groups. And how many tracks were recorded.

We got a lot of info about the Aviccii tracks that didn't come from Instagram. We knew about the writers involved, how M split everyone into 2 groups. And how many tracks were recorded.

Very true. Also, did we get any info from Avicci himself about their collaboration? It seems like almost everything we know about is from Instagram and other people working on the project.

"...she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it. I think it’s going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly."

This is both super exciting yet strangely ominous at the same time!