New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

I don't think thats a good example, as that was intentional from Timbaland.

I always think one of the easiest ways to notice the difference in mixing quality is by listening to Beautiful Stranger and I'm A Sinner, since both songs sound very similar to each other in terms of melody, rhythm, beats etc. (thanks to Orbit's über-amazing fresh production skills :1251:)

Beautiful Stranger sounds more pristine and crisp while I'm A Sinner sounds much more "muddy" and undynamic / flat. If you forget about the release dates for a minute, it does feel like Beautiful Stranger is the newer song out of both, judging by the mixing.

Excerpts from a review of MDNA:

the mixing on the album aims to create an extreme emphasis on dance music. Because of this, the tracks that aren’t typically songs you would hear in an New York City club suffer sonic loss. Nothing quite indicates this point more clearly than the ironically titled “Masterpiece.” [...] The kick drum is quite literally the loudest instrument in the entire mix and is so loud that on inexpensive speaker systems, it could come across quite distorted or overpowering. Even on consumer headphones that fail to accurately translate low-end frequencies, the punch of the kick sample is so massively strong that it manages to obliterate any feeling that the rest of the instruments have to offer.
[the songs are] compressed so heavily that the shining production comes across as dull and empty. The synthesizer envelopes never really reach any sort of dynamic peak and while their melodies are astounding through the album, they fall flat without any sort of attack or interesting sustain. “I’m Addicted” is a sure sign of this, as the plucked-sounding synth that is present through the better part of the track doesn’t seem to have much attack to it. As a matter of fact, it stays pretty much at the same volume with each note played and has a blunt kick drum accompaniment that doesn’t help the song’s case.

According to the reviewer, "the cringe-worthy mixing of MDNA" can be overlooked in just four songs: Some Girls, Turn Up the Radio, Love Spent and Best Friend.

Full review at 2020k.

Long story short: Demo Castellon should stay the hell away from any upcoming Madonna releases, IMO.

This is so stupid and ridiculous and just goes to show that the majority of people on the internet are complete douchebags. Sorry but I want nothing to do with these sorts of "fans".

No, I agree with you. Even IF I had agreed with that person (which I don't) I would NEVER make such a comment on Guy's IG.

Guest Rachelle of London

I heard GGW in a club once and it did sound flat compared to other songs. They then played NRM and it was so much better

Thanks Msig. I'll give HC a closer listen, though some my faves from it were the Timbo tracks.

I vote for 13 tracks on the new album, and it should be called Mi3

I've been hoping she calls it M13 as well. I love the sound of it, but I think some people will think it's a lazy title like they thought MDNA was.

You know, the Pharrell tracks on HC were mixed by Spike and they sound amazing. The ones by Demo (Timberlake/Timbaland) are the worst. There are distortions on 4 Minutes, Miles Away and don't let me start with Voices (I'm sorry, I really don't think it was intentional at all). MDNA has not real distortion but it sounds flat as hell and she sounds like she was singing through a telephone on almost every song.

Guest Rachelle of London

Who the hell thought MDNA was a lazy title? It is a great title. One of her best tbh.

I'm in shock. I was always under the assumption that it was the greatest album title from any artist ever!

I still can't believe it's so quiet. I would think we'd get some kind of announcement by now. This anticipation is killing me!

Edited by den73

I'm going to Ann Arbor tomorrow for cappuccino. I offer my services to help move her in if she gives inside info on mom's record lol

MDNA was a great title. Hard Candy - now that was silly.

You can't hear the difference? I hope your listening to the CD or HQ rips. But listen to Give it 2 Me then listen to Love Spent. And don't change the volume on either one, keep at the same for both. You should notice a difference. And I know they are new Madonna and that you don't like them, but suck it up why dontcha?

I like both of those songs quite a bit actually. I listened back to back and GI2M sounds funkier with deeper bass, but it's a totally different style of song from LS, which is mostly synthetic with tinny vocal effects. Comparing GI2M to the Timbaland tracks, I do think it sounds better, but I also prefer the Pharrell tracks over the Timbaland tracks, so it's hard to tell how much of it is the original production and how much is the mix. Listening to "Beautiful Stranger" and "I'm a Sinner" back to back I can hear a slight difference, but it doesn't distract or upset me the way it does some other people.

Guest bluejean

Come to think of it, Celebration is a shitty title. It sounds sort of cheap.

I would even have preferred something generic like 'The Ultimate Collection' or 'Greatest Hits.'

I would even have preferred something generic like 'The Ultimate Collection' or 'Greatest Hits.'

The much rumoured Iconography would of been a killer title!!!!!!

Should've been called Heard It All Before :chuckle:

she sounds like she was singing through a telephone on almost every song.

:ohmy::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

true...but on some songs it works....

i always thought HC was flat....specially first track Candy Shop that is good...it has great vibe...good lyrics....and then....why the hell it sounds like a DEMO??? it has perfect BS feeling...and it was made 20 years later...so what happen?

MDNA

well

i cant belive she didnt understand what she was doing...she is too long in music that she doesent hear what we can hear...so....i must accept she want it like that