Gene Kelly (2 februari 1996)
Fred Astaire (2 juni 1987)
Ginger Rogers (25 april 1995)
Rita Hayworth (14 mei 1987)
Lauren Bacall (12 augustus 2014)
Katharine Hepburn (29 juni 2003)
Lana Turner (29 juni 1995)
Bette Davis (6 oktober 1989)

I wonder why M didn't cited Joan Crawford... maybe she isn't a fan of her movies?

She must be a fan of Joan, because The Power of Goodbye Video is a tribute to "Humoresque". Read and see more below below; http://listen2uraunt.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/sudden-joan/

Edited by maverfitz

Guest bluejean

Well she didn't mention Elizabeth Taylor or Judy Garland either and they are more legendary than most of the people on the list. Can't mention everyone.

a lot of media are talking about this! who started it? not sure if it was a madonna fan who started it on twitter or someone random. but it really spread fast!

it also gives me chills ..

Yeah, I supossed the reason of include DiMaggio was that he was husband of Marilyn Monroe, but Arthur Miller too... but, anyway, I still think that he has nothing to do with the rest of the icons cited...

yeah on my Facebook are appearing posts from websites that are mentioning the same and the comments are so positive towards the song and Madonna.

some random people is wishing M will name-drop in her next song a list of contemporary popstars and reality stars hoping they will be gone soon too :rotfl::D

I know, when I read the article on De Morgen, I got chills...I know it's silly but it talks about Madonna & the song

with such esteem.

not only that.. but.. somewhere else someone commented with it "watch out madonna" and it also gave me shivers down my spine because of that thought.. I can only hope that M as the singer of this song outlives them (as in growing older than the oldest one of the group of powerful women). that would be beautiful in a symbolic way as well.

Yeah, I supossed the reason of include DiMaggio was that he was husband of Marilyn Monroe, but Arthur Miller too... but, anyway, I still think that he has nothing to do with the rest of the icons cited...

He was a superstar athlete, on the cover of Time magazine, very much part of that Golden era...think of the still relatively young

paparazzi culture & u have ur Brangelina. It's not that hard 2 understand, nor is it that serious or scientific.