"Broken (I'm Sorry)": Your views on this song?

Crystal Coffin

I love this devious, underdeveloped song. It's probably the "bside" I listen to the most.

If she had sung it a half-key higher (I think that's what you call it), it would have allowed her to show more emotion, which is something a song about being "broken" would have needed.

Along with "Latte (LaLa)" and "Across The Sky", one of my favorite unreleased tracks

I'll never get over the tragedy that was the shunning of BK by Madonna and her team :( One of her all-time best songs. Classic Madonna in every way. People on this board are probably so tired of me talking about this but I don't care. It's a travesty! :lol:

Amen!

I totally agree!!

It got a live performance at the Olympia gig. Queen Mo did not shun the Mediterranean song :lol:

I'm still scratching myself over that one - given the similar choreography, I always wondered if she was considering replacing Revolver with BK for the American leg of the tour (the Olympia show, if I remember correctly, happened towards the end of the European leg). The crowd certainly responded well.

Guest whatatramp

The artwork for this is BEAUTIFUL. :dramatic: I wish I owned a physical copy of this.

BTW, is ICON still around and operating? Is it even possible to become a new member of it now?

they stopped the magazine and newsletters a while ago, I think it's just for pre-sale tickets now

"Broken" is a phenomenal song. Really deserved to be polished up for inclusion on Celebration. If "It's So Cool" in that club form made it onto the Celebration (Deluxe), I don't see why this couldn't have.

One of the best "B-sides" she has. The whole song just screams "Madonna".

From the Celebration Wiki page:

"The single was given to Madonna's fanclub Icon's official members free as a special 12" vinyl, as a part of their membership. The gift was announced in August 2011, but was actually supposed to be given as a gift in 2010. The single was eventually given to members in late 2012."

Fucking hell of a fan club. :lol:

Yep should have been an extra itunes bonus track or somehow used to promote the album... Probably better than Celebration IMH but less nostalgic so perhaps Warners got this one right...