What was your proudest Madonna moment?

Bill

Honestly, for everything she's been through, all that she's accomplished, all that I've witnessed in my 23 years of fandom - this was a pinnacle. When she descended below the stage at the end, a tear rolled down my cheek. I was so incredibly proud of her. :bow:

She has been dragged through the mud countless times in her career. This was, in many ways, the biggest performance of her life and she pulled it off without a hitch. I unfriended a couple people on Facebook who were bashing her immediately after. :chuckle:

The entire Live 8 set. It's far from being her all-time best performance but the way she changed public opinion in the UK with those performances is quite astonishing. It's underestimated how much of a game changer this was for her here. After American Life was poorly received, it set up the Confessions era REALLY nicely a few months later... and re-affirmed her as the world's best live act.

Super Bowl also for me.

I unfriended a couple people on Facebook who were bashing her immediately after. :chuckle:

On my Facebook feed there were people mocking her right before the performance and as it was beginning, but as soon as it was over they were eating their words and admitting that she killed it.

In my lifetime of fandom, the Super Bowl. I became a fan when I was 14 in 2010 so it was right in the middle of a dry spell in her career and her long absence from the media. So when the Super Bowl rolled around it was the first time my friends and my peers really were talking about her and I just remember my Facebook feed was filled with positive comments of her and the next day at school EVERYONE was talking about it and the jocks were calling her a MILF and everything. I was loving it!

Come to think of it, Super Bowl IS a wonderful way to capture the grandeur that is Madonna over the last 3 decades but also more specifically, the Madonna of today and how incredible she still is but for me, my proudest moment was more private and personal.

The Secretproject party touched me in such a crazy way. I never imagined I'd be in that atmosphere with Madonna (the ENTIRE night I might add)...it just captured the essence of Madonna from every angle possible...Sean Penn being there (past lover), Perez (press!), the hip hop aspect of the performers blending that street vibe with art, the political aspect, her performance being an artistic representation of the entire night, her energy etc...it goes on and on and on. It was so inspiring. There's nothing that can possible top that. It was just mesmerizing to be there.

The superbowl was definitely a proud moment, I remember waiting up late at night (I'm from UK) anticipating the performance, I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole performance, thinking "this is live, millions are watching this, she could fuck it up, what if something goes wrong", but she pulled it off so well, it ran so smoothly, she brushed the minor stumble away with ease. Very proud moment.

Edited by tasteinmen

The superbowel was definitely a proud moment, I remember waiting up late at night (I'm from UK) anticipating the performance, I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole performance, thinking "this is live, millions are watching this, she could fuck it up, what if something goes wrong", but she pulled it off so well, it ran so smoothly, she brushed the minor stumble away with ease. Very proud moment.

Madonna never fucks it up ,fact!

Madonna never fucks it up ,fact!

Haha I know but the nerves got the best of me.

When she was inducted into the Rock and Roll HOF her first year eligible

She will probably remain the only female pop star to have that distinction

Seeing the Confessions tour live for the first time made me so proud of her. :yes: I was in so impressed that after all these years M continued to improve her performances & dancing, while looking better than most women in their twenties!

So many.

SUPERBOWL!! my #1 pick, Ray of Light on Oprah. Live 8 was a highlight. Also Live aid in '85 right after the nude photo scandal which she basically dismissed & ended the controversy. Her singing live and strong at the academy awards and '91 killing it.

VMA's 2003 :) When she walked down the stairs to the thumping beat of the Hollywood remix, looking like a QUEEN…I just thought 'that's my girl'. My heart stopped beating when she kissed Britney and when the whole performance was over, I knew it was a defining performance which will generate buzz for weeks/months and on top of that a lot of kids started to realize what an icon she is.

2003-VMA-Performance-madonna-284359_340_

Okay, maybe it wasn't my proudest M moment ever but it's up there in the top 5 for sure.

When she won Golden Globe as best actress, I remember watching the show live and damn I was so proud of her and she looked amazing

Yes, that would be mine too. I felt like she conquered another field and proved to all the haters how unstoppable she actually is. And so beautiful as well.

Definitely the Super Bowl.

And I also liked at the end of 2012 when it was made known that she was the top earning star of the year and had the top grossing tour.

I usually don't care about financials but she had taken it so hard that year in the press between the Gaga shit, digs at her age, digs from Elton saying she was flopping, digs at her album, etc etc etc ... and then she came out and slayed every other entertainer on the planet, including all the younger popular acts. It was so fucking satisfying.

Watching the Sticky & Sweet Tour DVD with my heterosexual older brother & his Marine friends.

They were stumbling into the house, freshly drunk from the bar, and they decided to join me on the couch & watch M in all her live glory. they were highly entertained, impressed, and totally into it. They'd even ask me questions about each song & like the fag I am, I lectured them on her past works albums tours. It was EVERYTHING.

I don't care about charts. But whenever Madonna debuts at number one in several countries and I read that Madonna becomes emotional about it after all these years I feel proud to be a Madonna fan. For her to know she is beloved despite the criticism and shit she continues to receive after all this time. I love her.

It would be Hung Up for me. I just remember the feeling in the UK amongst the general public that she was well and truly done after AL! Then Live 8 slowed the 'decline' and then she comes back with the biggest single of her career then all of a sudden it was like ALhad never happened. She was back at the top - ruling the world! It just reinforced my belief that despite everything you should NEVER write her off!

When she won the Golden Globe for Masterpiece. I have to admit i thought she wouldn't win at first. So her victory was such a big moment, it was so deserved and seeing Elton being humiliated like that was making that victory even better.

So, you guys have brought up some other wonderful moments, and based on this. my Top 5 would be:

1) Superbowl

2) Golden Globe for Evita

3) Golden Globe for Masterpiece

4) Sooner or Later - Academy Awards

5) MDNA's #1 debut

i love everything everybody said but when i left the theater for WE, i felt really good.

we-poster.jpg

I agree, especially going to the private screening and her being there for me was just AHHHH. What a moment.

The entire Live 8 set. It's far from being her all-time best performance but the way she changed public opinion in the UK with those performances is quite astonishing. It's underestimated how much of a game changer this was for her here. After American Life was poorly received, it set up the Confessions era REALLY nicely a few months later... and re-affirmed her as the world's best live act.

This is what I would pick too! :thumbsup:

I attended this concert and for the entire duration of her set, she had the whole place (200,000+ people) eating out of the palm of her hand!!!

It's true that it really resonated with the general UK public, as months later I was still having conversations with people who were genuinely astonished by her massive stage presence and strong live vocals that day!!

Watching her on the Superbowl was a fantastic moment. Also, at the Oscars when she sang Sooner or Later and wowed everyone. This is very left field but also proud of how she adopted David and Mercy. When the media was trashing her relentlessly re this, she stuck to her guns and has been a wonderful mother thus always doing what she personally knows is right.

whenever I force a friend to watch a performance from a concert, or whatever, I feel pride knowing that they surely must realize that no other artist comes close to the amazing ness of Madonna's shit. "You can't touch this, motherfuckers," as she once said.

Hmmmm. I don't think I can pick one. Here's my Top 3:

1. Her Golden Globe win. It was obvious how happy and humbled she was to finally get some recognition as an actress. It really seemed like hell had frozen over.

2. The one-two punch of "I'll Remember" and "Take a Bow" becoming huge hits in the U.S. For those who remember, it was really tough being a Madonna fan in 1993. It seemed like her ride at the top was over...but it definitely wasn't.

3. Her Grammy wins for ROL. The reason being a combination of #1 and #2 above. She was finally getting recognition for her music.

hm i think when it was announced she was gonna perform in my country and the day of the ticket sales.. later i heard the day of the concert even people from my stupid little town i was born in had an entire bus filled with "fans" to see her :p my mom said they showed her rehearse on the news and shit. it was MADNESS. (then it all changed when certain media decided they hated the concert and the blind sheep followed. but fuck them!)

also the superbowl :)