M / X: Madonna on UK X Factor. The rumour is gaining momentum.... or not?

Sorry but she needs exposure. I'm sure it's a shit show but what else is there?

Preach it!!! People annoy me when they say they don't care if Madonna promotes. How?? She DOES need exposure! A lot of people need a reminder how amazing she is so they'd wake up and realize the real Queen of pop is on top of the game!!

hung up did well because she promoted it by doing a ton of live performances (award shows, festivals, clubs, tv shows). also it had a cool sound (too gay for radio but oh well), cool video, and great choreography. everything about it was fit together perfectly. it wasn't radio friendly but the whole marketing strategy brought her back after american life. nothing from mdna was performed live before the tour besides gmayl at the superbowl which had terrible choreography at the event.

she just needs a good single choice and needs to perform it all over the place: big events, talk shows, festivals. interviews help too but those usually just recycle the same questions and i don't think she has anything important to talk about at the moment. so i think some great live performances are her best strategy for promotion with some interviews sprinkled in there.

Because her last lead single flopped and that show has millions of viewers and every major pop star promotes on there?

Her last 4 singles have flopped here and MDNA fell off the charts after a couple of months and is her lowest selling album in the UK. She received some pretty scathing reviews for her Hyde Park show. She needs to re connect with the general public and the X Factor would be good promotion for her as long as she doesn't sing with one of the contestants.

She needs to sing 2 songs, the new single and a classic song. She needs a 5 minute video montage intro with facts and figures about her singles and album sales her UK number ones and her concert tickets sales.

Two more things she needs to do: Look fabulous and WORK THAT STAGE!!! The last time much of the public saw her was hobbling with a cane on the Grammys not looking her best. She needs to erase that memory from people's minds and remind us who Madonna is!

Two more things she needs to do: Look fabulous and WORK THAT STAGE!!! The last time much of the public saw her was hobbling with a cane on the Grammys not looking her best. She needs to erase that memory from people's minds and remind us who Madonna is!

The Grammy performance still gives me nightmares :scared:

I think often Madonna knows when she's coming back with something that is so good it demands to be shouted about [e.g. Like A Prayer; Frozen, Hung Up etc], and other times she herself has moved on before its released, or doesn't have confidence in a song.

Her figures don't need to be repeated really, but it is striking that for 25 years she was constantly top three, or on rare occasions top 10 with only five exceptions

#14 (1984)

#16 (1994)

#16 (1994)

#11 (1997)

#11 (2004)

which leaves:

13 x #1

12 x #2

8 x #3

12 x top 5

15 x top 10

then for the last five years, in the UK, these are the peak positions for her singles...

When I look at it like that (and I remember my utter shock at 'The Look of Love' 'failing to get higher than #9 in 1987, so Madonna lingering at the arse end of the charts at any point in her career seemed unfathomable), I'm thinking if this new material is as good as I hope it to be, I don't care if she's on 'Midlands Today', 'Loose Women' or 'This Morning' promoting it if it gets the song the recognition it deserves.

What is up with you lot on here saying Madonna NEEDS X-FACTOR?! If anything, X-FACTOR NEEDS MADONNA! I'm not from the UK so I don't know what all the potential shows are that Madonna could go on to promote her new music, but there has to be something other than X-FACTOR, produced and hosted by the twat who has put her down openly in the press. That piece of trash Cowell is nearing the end of his run and needs to be swept into the garbage bag of history. Here's a suggestion you lot might like, how about Madonna does an exclusive interview with Piers Morgan! That just about makes as much sense.

Edited by Lights Above

He actually said a few times he wants to find the next Madonna, he has said great things about Madonna. There's no other big shows here for her to perform on except maybe celebrity come dancing.

She needs a 5 minute video montage intro with facts and figures about her singles and album sales her UK number ones and her concert tickets sales.

she is not desperate if you are.

people you are insane. are you even familiar with M? or you are born 2000?

He actually said a few times he wants to find the next Madonna, he has said great things about Madonna. There's no other big shows here for her to perform on except maybe celebrity come dancing.

He's said a lot of great things about Madonna. He wanted her to judge American Idol after he left. But he's Simon Cowell so of course he's cynical and is rude and makes comments, what do you expect? Don't take it personally, people.

checked the comments out of curiosity of non fans and almost all of are in the "X factor needs M" more than M needs x factor and that M is above them. I think so as ell but anyway, she'll do whatever she wants to do.

M absolutely needs huge exposure for this new era.. As in many fields of profession, you`re only thought of as good as your last success..

The industry and music buying public have notoriously short memories when there are so many other acts out there to give them a quick fix. So of course M needs to promote and put herself back out there with this new material.. Never think that anyone is too big to need the support of promotion and opportunities to get access to the biggest TV audiences possible......

Despite what some might think of the trash shows that amass the biggest audiences, M does need them as much as they need her... Given that many Radio stations simply do not play her music any more , its never been more crucial for her to utilise whatever tools are available to get the music heard by as many people as possible. Its likely the only way her music sales in this country will improve and create momentum for the next tour.....

Exposure, exposure, exposure......But I draw the line at the smug slimy Piers Morgan !!!

MDNA despite of lack of promotion it sells quite good if we compare to others artists not to mention the MDNA tour that was huge.

So does Madonna really need huge exposure?

Yes I think she does.

Madonna always seeks exposure, dr has always set herself up big time in te public consciousness regardless of commercial success, that's why she's consistently A-List.

She made sure that despite American Life being the flop that it was, 2003 was STILL a lot about her.....the VMA performance, GAP commercials, the children's books....

MDNA was bad timing pure and simple, there was zero time between the album release and your to do anything.

I believe with the album out this fall it allows her to come back strong.....and that's what she does, it's what she's known for.....when you think you've seen the last of her (public not us fans) she storm back onto the pop stratosphere with something else!

Bring on the new era!

Yes I think she does.

Madonna always seeks exposure, dr has always set herself up big time in te public consciousness regardless of commercial success, that's why she's consistently A-List.

She made sure that despite American Life being the flop that it was, 2003 was STILL a lot about her.....the VMA performance, GAP commercials, the children's books....

MDNA was bad timing pure and simple, there was zero time between the album release and your to do anything.

I believe with the album out this fall it allows her to come back strong.....and that's what she does, it's what she's known for.....when you think you've seen the last of her (public not us fans) she storm back onto the pop stratosphere with something else!

Bring on the new era!

:chuckle:

Haha although the children's books are one of the more forgettable contributions from our queen....they were still very widely reported in 2003 and she promote then a lot!

MDNA despite of lack of promotion it sells quite good if we compare to others artists not to mention the MDNA tour that was huge.

So does Madonna really need huge exposure?

We are talking specifically about the UK here. Yes MDNA sold pretty well around the world but the UK is her 2nd biggest market.

Even if we take in to account the drop in albums sales 130k for a Madonna album is awful.

Madonna sudden death on the UK chart was terrible.

But it was JUST a blip, she is BY FAR the most successful chart act ever over here.

62 top tens!!! 13 numbers ones!! 12 number one albums!!

It's too die for....I'm sure she will get her 13th number one album and 14th number one single this fall!

I like the idea of her promoting the new single and album with a major performance like this, but at the same time I've always been proud of Madonna for not having performed ever on American Idol, X-factor, or been a judge on one of these shitty talent shows.

It's a catch-22. Would love to see her promote but I'd rather not see her sell her soul to do it.

I like the idea of her promoting the new single and album with a major performance like this, but at the same time I've always been proud of Madonna for not having performed ever on American Idol, X-factor, or been a judge on one of these shitty talent shows.

It's a catch-22. Would love to see her promote but I'd rather not see her sell her soul to do it.

She would never ever be judge.

She wouldn't need to "sing with a contestant"...

She needs to use it to her advatage, tune in and debut we new material!

ABout exposure...When Hard Candy came out, and the S&S tour came to Brazil, Fans and non fans went to her concert because they were in love with HC. It was HUGE!

When she came with MDNA, most non fans had no idea she was promoting an album. In Rio, whenever songs from MDNA were performed, people were like: "what's this?"

She does need exposure. People need to know that she has an album out.

Usually when a guest performer appears they are usually asked a couple of questions about the competitors like who is their favourite. I just hope she takes a little bit of time to check them out so she doesn't come across as cunty! Especially if they devote the show to her and have the contestants sing her songs! Cringe!!