M / X: Madonna on UK X Factor. The rumour is gaining momentum.... or not?

Like A talent show Virgin! Madonna 'to make her X Factor debut for live final performance'

IT WOULD BE her X Factor debut, as Madonna is rumoured to be lined up for a live performance on the UK's ITV talent show.

With Simon Cowell returning to the judging panel, alongside Cheryl Cole, it would seem the music mogul is pulling strings for some A-list guests.

Madonna has never appeared on any kind of talent show before, but it seems the queen of pop is set to make her debut this autumn.

A source told The Sun: "It's looking very hopeful Madonna will perform, possibly in November on one of the live shows.

"There are a lot of big names releasing music at that time, but she's absolutely the number one name we are trying to secure."

They added: "She needs her next album to be a success in the UK and a performance on ITV in front of 12 million people would be the best platform."

Madonna is reportedly being lined up for the much-coveted live final performance - but she's not alone.

X Factor producers are reportedly sweet-talking Irish rockers U2 and British superstar Adele for the slot.

But while TV producers work up a sweat trying to bring in the A-list names, Madonna is relaxing in France with her family.

The MDNA songstress was pictured arriving in the French seaside resort wearing a rather mis-matched outfit.

A daisy print skirt was paired with a spotted and striped Adidas jumper and a lace black and white handbag.

To finish it off, Madonna wore a huge floppy sunhat - also in monochrome tones - with white brogues.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I guess they write it's going to be her first talent show appearance for marketing value but it also makes them appear like poor journalists since it's not true.

But don't they say that every year? They try to keep the interest of the viewers high but claiming Madonna will perform.. and funny how X Factor UK is not even as popular as it used to be so if anything Madonna better perform at Strictly Come Dancing (UK version of Dancing With The Stars) as it's more popular than X Factor!

i 'll personally believe it when i see it...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/10/move-over-cheryl-madonna-and-tulisa-both-set-to-add-some-spice-to-the-x-factor-2014-line-up-4827269/

Simon Cowell obviously is worried Cheryl Cole and Mel B won’t provide him with enough female attention on The X Factor has he has now set his eyes on Madonna and Tulisa too.

While we knew it was likely Tulisa was to play a part in this year’s series of the show, it’s now emerged she will definitely be joining Louis Walsh at the judges’ houses stage, according to The Sun.

But Si is also hoping to bag Madge – although she won’t be filling the fifth judge spot either.

Instead, bosses are desperate to secure the Vogue singer for the live finals, which would be her very first appearance on The X Factor ever.

It wouldn’t be all bad for her either as it would provide the perfect platform for her to promote her new album.

‘It’s looking very hopeful Madonna will perform, possibly in November on one of the live shows,’ an insider told the newspaper.

‘There are a lot of big names releasing music at that time, but she’s absolutely the number one name we are trying to secure.’

Other names on the table include Adele, U2, Rihanna, Take That and, of course, Cheryl.

I remember Simon being quoted as saying Madonna used to be good-looking but now looks like a housewife. Make him BEG, Madonna! (But you should say yes in the end, both for us fans and for your career in the UK!)

She should do it. She does one big thing like the superbowl and that's the promo for the album. Very "Just put your vogue costume on, put your jacket on, and that's your costume for the night, ok? "

I guess they write it's going to be her first talent show appearance for marketing value but it also makes them appear like poor journalists since it's not true.

What talent shows has she appeared on? Star Academy?

I can't bear X-Factor, though there's no denying its good promo and if anyone deserves to be headline act at the final, its Madonna.

Strictly however, I absolutely love, and she is classy, legendary enough to do the final of that for sure.

I think actually she should do both - current [1st] single at XF, and a week later album track / exclusive on single #2 on Strictly.

Guest whatatramp

Who would have thought back in 1998 that M would have performed at the national lottery with come back single frozen! Don't smash all the eggs in one basket just yet.

very true,

Madonna is above the show but who cares....it's the golden optunity to premier brand new material and really bring her back to the public consciousness!

Xfactor still has the biggest Saturday night audience plus the widest press coverage!

It would be the golden slipper in terms of PR....as tacky as it is, Madonna should use it to her advantage, a showcase to her new single....she would be GURAENTEED her 14th number one in the UK and it would also gather her major momentum in the states aswell!

It's time Madonna scored a UK No.1 in the 2010s!

I wonder what records would she have if she achieved that. Would she be the oldest woman to have a #1 on the UK charts? The artist with the longest run between 1st and last #1 songs? So interesting to think about.

I remember Simon being quoted as saying Madonna used to be good-looking but now looks like a housewife. Make him BEG, Madonna! (But you should say yes in the end, both for us fans and for your career in the UK!)

Why would you think that Madonna's career in the UK relies on an appearance on the piece of shit show "X-Factor"?! All of shit- stain Simon Cowell's shows are dying...Let them die!

Guest bluejean

Because her last lead single flopped and that show has millions of viewers and every major pop star promotes on there?

Because her last lead single flopped and that show has millions of viewers and every major pop star promotes on there?

Is that why they are trying to save the show, because it's such a huge hit? No, shit-stain Cowell needs to get someone more his style, how about he brings in Lady Gaga to Jazz things up.