Songs that IMPROVED with live treatment

Crystal Coffin

Burning Up (Virgin Tour). I LOVE IT :wow:

And i agree, Bye Bye Baby (i love both the Girlie Show and the VMA's versions).

:s377: Yay for the "Burning Up" performance on TVT! While it's not better than the album version to me, it really is a fierce monster of its own.

"Lament" belongs to the list as well :elite:

what about drowned world ct version? i like it more than the original. her take with more gust is so breathtaking and emotional.

Totally agree. That's one of her best vocal performances. Fantastic version.

what about drowned world ct version? i like it more than the original. her take with more gust is so breathtaking and emotional.

Not for me. :D The album version is perfection, and I actually prefer the DWT performance. It's actually my #1 favorite Madonna song of all-time.

Also Heartbeat and Give it to me, live. the album version are OK, . I am especially a fan of Give it to me. But the live versions just bring the songs to life for me. I love the electric guitar not present on the album versions that are incorporated into the live versions.

Guest bluejean

No way. The original is perfection.

Keep it together

Fever

Bye bye baby

Why's it so hard

Everybody (GST)

Lament

Let it will be

GGW

Candy shop (MDNA)

Celebration

Also Holiday, I usually sing it to the rythim of the GST and DWT versions

The Benny Benassi Celebration was good as a track but the live performance was a bit disappointing. But I think the Oakenfold original is still the best and should've been the version properly used for MDNA.

The Benny Benassi Celebration was good as a track but the live performance was a bit disappointing. But I think the Oakenfold original is still the best and should've been the version properly used for MDNA.

I agree! I'll never understand the love for the Benny Benassi remix. What a let down!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! I'll never understand the love for the Benny Benassi remix. What a let down!

wow really!?

I'm surprised I liek thr Oakenfod version but to em it does sound a bit 90's techno pop, has a dated feel to me. Not in a bad way but i do think the Benassi remix was so more current and modern.

although i agree with what someone said above. Live it was just ok.

I love the MDNA version of Nobody Knows Me, love the choppy video that syncs with the track.

Guest eroticerotic

Let's see….

Top 3 head turners for me

1. Fever on the Girlie Show
  2. Nobody Knows Me Reinvention Tour
  3. Girl Gone Wild MDNA Tour

I loved when she worked the early "You Thrill Me" lyrics into "Erotica." It was a nice nod to those who knew the history of the song.

But the most incredible performance I have ever seen was when she performed "Let It Will Be" on the Confessions tour.

It was primal, shamanistic, and unlike anything I've seen her do. A true performance artist.

Why's It So Hard!

Came to post this.

Sure, others improve too but this is the most drastic example in her catalogue.