Madonna - Arioso [1999] (Demo Clip) + William Orbit Comments

CMoody

^ I agree. To be fair, i think HC and MDNA are very deep in most songs, especially Hard Candy. I feel that both HC and MDNA lack a bit of the Madonna magic, it's just my opinion. Some songs have it, others don't.

^Agreed.

About Airoso, I would way that any song containing that little Wonderland clip is bound to be awesome. Hopefully he leaks it someday.

Oh good god.... here we go again.

What is it with these particular kind of "fans" and their need to shade any work not done by Orbit? "Unimaginative dance tracks"... "she's only deep when with him"...

...I'm so done with this bullshit.

Guest bluejean

That person was clearly just sucking up to William Orbit in order to get a response and William took the bait.

The problem with Orbit is that he is a terrible songwriter. He's a great producer but when it's time to write a great melody, he always sounds the same. He has credit for some songs on ROL but clearly, these songs are from Leonard, not him.

^ I agree. To be fair, i think HC and MDNA are very deep in most songs, especially Hard Candy. I feel that both HC and MDNA lack a bit of the Madonna magic, it's just my opinion. Some songs have it, others don't.

In that "bridge" thread, someone posted the bridge for I Fucked Up. That is usually a song I skip but just reading those lyrics, they are some of her most personal, straight forward that she's done. Both of those albums seem to be lumped in with Madonnas mindless, party tunes, but a lot of the songs are more than "see my booty get down" or "LUV MADONNA".....

Miles Away

She's Not Me

Incredible

Devil

Voices

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

I Don't Give A

Masterpiece

Love Spent

Falling Free

I Fucked Up

Best Friend

All of those are revealing, personal songs about more than dancing and partying.

In that "bridge" thread, someone posted the bridge for I Fucked Up. That is usually a song I skip but just reading those lyrics, they are some of her most personal, straight forward that she's done. Both of those albums seem to be lumped in with Madonnas mindless, party tunes, but a lot of the songs are more than "see my booty get down" or "LUV MADONNA".....

Miles Away

She's Not Me

Incredible

Devil

Voices

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

I Don't Give A

Masterpiece

Love Spent

Falling Free

I Fucked Up

Best Friend

All of those are revealing, personal songs about more than dancing and partying.

200.gif

Orbit thinks he's THE Madonna producer (and i don't blame him, ROL is amazing) but after ROL he didn't bring anything new to the table. Amazing? Sinner? They're Beautiful strangers. Masterpiece? The instrumental isn't anything special. Falling Free? Could have easyily been a ROL track. I'm not saying they're bad songs or that I don't like them, but that's the truth, they're not innovative for M at all. Gang bang, Love spent and Some girls are a whole different story, but there were other producers on the tracks too so he can't take all the credit.

I like the fact that William Orbit speaks his mind and doesn't kiss Madonna's ass all the time. After he confirmed what I secretly felt about MDNA, I don't know I felt better. I felt like MDNA was rushed and mediocre. Orbit basically confirmed it. let's face it everyone rejoiced when we heard Madonna was re-teaming with William Orbit, hopefully to recapture the magic. If I were being honest though Orbits work on MDNA was sub-par too. I think he is respectful yet honest regarding Madonna's choices. He has a right to express his opinions if asked. i don't see what the big deal is.

Benassi did a awesome job with "I'm addicted" it is easily one fot he strongest tracks on the album. I also think he produced Girls gone wild well. It is just a generic dance pop song. NOt really Benassi's fault the song. Most;y with MDNA I am disappointed Madonna relied so heavily on Solveig. I think with MDNA on paper there were good ideas, that didn't really translate in the scheme of things. Her doing the Superbowl was a GREAT promotion idea. but recording a track specifically for it( which let's face it GMAYL was) wasn't a great idea. she should have just did HIT songs. NO new material. She wouldnt admit it publicly but I think she learned her lesson with rushing an album and is taking her time with the upcoming one. which I appreciate.

Orbit was the only person that ever said MDNA was rushed, but he then apologized for the comments. Everyone else that worked on the album said Madonna was very involved. The process of writing and recording also wasn't unusually short for a Madonna album. I think most of you are hanging onto words that Orbit apparently regrets.

And yes he sounds very bitter in this post. Possibly bitter because Madonna doesn't need him to create great material at all. Hell she can create the sound he creates with other producers (I Fucked Up being produced by Solveig, that's a mindfuck ha!).

Now, BEGONE RAY OF LIGHTERS

madonnagrill.jpg

You have every right to your opinion as William has his. It's rather hypocritical of the Orbit apologists to be coming after you for an expressing an opinion and using the argument that William was expressing his.

They weren't criticising him for expressing an opinion, they were criticizing him for being a rude little turd to other forum users.

Madonna fans are constantly bombarding him with comments. At least he responds. We've gotten more info on things from him than any official Madonna spokesperson. Yes, he called MDNA rushed. Regardless if he regretted saying it, I agree with him. The album sounded rushed to me.

Orbit was the only person that ever said MDNA was rushed, but he then apologized for the comments.

YOu are completely INcorrect he apologized for saying them PUBLICLY. That doesn't mean he doesn't/ didn't still feel that way. And orbit is not the only person who felt MDNA was rushed. She was busy filming W.E. and working on Material girl clothing line. he basically said he wished she just would have focused on the album and her time was too divided. he was right to say it.

Edited by TriggerMGee

Madonna fans are constantly bombarding him with comments. At least he responds. We've gotten more info on things from him than any official Madonna spokesperson. Yes, he called MDNA rushed. Regardless if he regretted saying it, I agree with him. The album sounded rushed to me.

Thank you. MDNA felt rushed to me as well. It is not a bad album, let's face it Madonna has never made a BAD album. It just wasn't up to the level people were expecting. I like Hard candy, but people were underwhelmed by that too. so People expected her next album to really bring her A game. No matter, I have a GREAT feeling she is doing exactly that with the upcoming album. I think we can all agree she is cooking up something great.

He clearly wanted to produce a greta album for her again and his heart was in the right place:

http://www.hungertv.com/feature/interview-william-orbit/

This is how Orbit felt recently when asked about MDNA:

PEOPLE GOT SO EXCITED WHEN THEY KNEW YOU WERE INVOLVED IN MADONNA’S MDNA. HOW DIFFERENT WAS IT TO COLLABORATE WITH HER ON THESE TWO DIFFERENT PROJECTS?

I knew people were excited, they ask me about a new Ray Of  Light every minute of the day. Think of it this way: it came about very spontaneously. We were in this studio in a rather unfashionable part of LA where nobody came. I do remember M telling to a guy from the record company “This is art. This is how we are doing it.” It was a very pure experience; it was all about making that record and nothing else. She’s an amazing person, producer and it was a true collaboration. It’s important to get this across; I don’t like it when people assume that I was the clever one doing the whole job. I’d feel mortified if I was her because she didn’t put her name on the production out of vanity, she was fucking in there with me. We didn’t have a plan and though she’s good at driving things along, I didn’t expect to see her nervous during the first listening party for people at Warner. She never shows it and I mean, that woman has never lost money even on a bad year but still, we were biting our nails! As for MDNA it’s important to say that I jumped on the project later on. She also had lots of projects going on at the same time, I honestly don’t know how any human being could cope with everything that comes with just being her! She’s such an incredible time manager. I would have mixed it myself if I could, or only together with Madonna because she’s a great mixer. We have spirited debates about things but we both always end up in the same direction. I would have also dropped three of the six tracks produced by the other guys, they were not good enough in my opinion; too puerile. As for the remaining three I would have suggested to put more depth and make them more special. I had the best team and other brilliant songs, this is why I am still a bit puzzled to these days but what’s done is done so I don’t ever give it a second thought.

Edited by TriggerMGee

They weren't criticising him for expressing an opinion, they were criticizing him for being a rude little turd to other forum users.

Lucky Darling…I don't recall ever talking to you before?! The fact that you decided to call me a 'rude little turd' even though I didn't insult anyone in this thread says more about you than me. Bye.

He clearly wanted to produce a greta album for her again and his heart was in the right place:

http://www.hungertv.com/feature/interview-william-orbit/

This is how Orbit felt recently when asked about MDNA:

PEOPLE GOT SO EXCITED WHEN THEY KNEW YOU WERE INVOLVED IN MADONNA’S MDNA. HOW DIFFERENT WAS IT TO COLLABORATE WITH HER ON THESE TWO DIFFERENT PROJECTS?

I knew people were excited, they ask me about a new Ray Of  Light every minute of the day. Think of it this way: it came about very spontaneously. We were in this studio in a rather unfashionable part of LA where nobody came. I do remember M telling to a guy from the record company “This is art. This is how we are doing it.” It was a very pure experience; it was all about making that record and nothing else. She’s an amazing person, producer and it was a true collaboration. It’s important to get this across; I don’t like it when people assume that I was the clever one doing the whole job. I’d feel mortified if I was her because she didn’t put her name on the production out of vanity, she was fucking in there with me. We didn’t have a plan and though she’s good at driving things along, I didn’t expect to see her nervous during the first listening party for people at Warner. She never shows it and I mean, that woman has never lost money even on a bad year but still, we were biting our nails! As for MDNA it’s important to say that I jumped on the project later on. She also had lots of projects going on at the same time, I honestly don’t know how any human being could cope with everything that comes with just being her! She’s such an incredible time manager. I would have mixed it myself if I could, or only together with Madonna because she’s a great mixer. We have spirited debates about things but we both always end up in the same direction. I would have also dropped three of the six tracks produced by the other guys, they were not good enough in my opinion; too puerile. As for the remaining three I would have suggested to put more depth and make them more special. I had the best team and other brilliant songs, this is why I am still a bit puzzled to these days but what’s done is done so I don’t ever give it a second thought.

I really do not understand how people call him now a hater or saying he throws shades at M. For me it's just the total opposite, he sounds like someone who truly loves her and is really passionate about making the best music possible with her, he's clearly not the "let's do it fast and then give me the money" producer. He sounds like someone really devoted to what he does. When i read interviews like the one posted above he doesn't sound like someone who throws shades at her at all, he sounds like someone who wants the best for her. He's clearly one of the producers she worked with who loves her the most.

I really do not understand how people call him now a hater or saying he throws shades at M. For me it's just the total opposite, he sounds like someone who truly loves her and is really passionate about making the best music possible with her, he's clearly not the "let's do it fast and then give me the money" producer. He sounds like someone really devoted to what he does. When i read interviews like the one posted above he doesn't sound like someone whop throws shades at all, he sounds like someone who wants the bets for her. He's clearly one of the producers who she worked with who loves her the most.

Exactly! It is completely clear that is what he means in his comments to her and obviously if he has heard tracks from the new album she doesn't hold grudges towards him ( which means we shouldn't either) and she respects his opinions on her music.

people really should read the interview on the link above with an open mind. he clearly adores working with her and has tremendous respect for her. Also I think it is important for Madonna to have people that are willing to tell her the truth and not just patronize her. I think she admires people who stand up to her. Liz R, Guy O, all have told Madonna No on some level and ultimately they help her.

Guest bluejean

Obviously the music he did with her DOES have a certain depth to it that not all her music has. But that doesn't neccesarily make it better.

How much meaning does Into The Groove or Hung Up have? Madonna's music is multi faceted and for Orbit to take credit for bringing out depth in her is inaccurate. Has he not heard the Like a Prayer album? Or the American Life album?

I must admit I find Orbit's sound quite repetitive and tired. I adore I'm A Sinner but this Arioso clip just seems like more of the same - those bloody synths! And a good frothy pop song is hard to produce in some ways than some deep and meaningul ballad.

WO does seem to be sticking up for MDNA with all these leaks and variations. He seems quite passionate to promote the songs which I feel Madonna's camp gave up on within a few months. There are some stunning songs on MDNA, not just orbit's ones too.

I think Madonna admires a certain amount of honesty as she's a strong character although perhaps being so public may not go down so well!

But getting back to the topic this thread is about. I hope this song leaks too.

I have to say though, I hope there is a better version. Her voice sound a little pitchy to me on this, like she is singing in a register too high for her voice and the vocals sound kind of strained. However I'd have ot hear the whole thing to really feel that. For example. when I first heard a clip of Keep the trance, I thought she sounded terrible on it. But when the whole thing leak, I think she sounded okay. KTT reminds me of something from her first album but with a modern spin on it.

I hope Ariosa will leak in full sometime soon.

Edited by TriggerMGee

You know? I agree, I think I was too hard on her. On second listen she does sounds okay. And yeah the song does have a "Time Stood still" vocal quality to it. Ugh, that's another song that was so good, that is so underrated.

The problem with Orbit is that he is a terrible songwriter. He's a great producer but when it's time to write a great melody, he always sounds the same. He has credit for some songs on ROL but clearly, these songs are from Leonard, not him.

Time stood still? Gone?

I am the only one who is really ok with what William Orbit says in general ? I can feel he truly loves M and is really passionate about making music with her and that he speaks with his heart about her music.

Exactly!

Orbit is a Stan. He was disappointed, like us, because the album didn't do gangbusters.