10 recent Madonna songs that prove she hasn’t lost it

scrapple

I love the MDNA album, love the tour, love the whole year… Madonna at another peak. Flawed album sure but I personally identify with so much of it… it's strong, it's cool, it's defiant.

I can't wait to see what she does next, I honestly have no idea where it's gonna go, that's the interesting part

I love the MDNA album, love the tour, love the whole year… Madonna at another peak. Flawed album sure but I personally identify with so much of it… it's strong, it's cool, it's defiant.

I can't wait to see what she does next, I honestly have no idea where it's gonna go, that's the interesting part

Coming from the man who has given me grieve for loving American Life.

Coming from the man who has given me grieve for loving American Life.

What's your point? I think I gave you grief about liking it because you were giving everyone else grief about liking MDNA and tried so hard to keep everyone from enjoying themselves during that era haha. Stop trynna make AL happen!

I do like about half that album tho for what it's worth

8. Some Girls

It opens with a rave horn. Does anything else need to be said? Well, maybe only that’s one of Madonna’s snarkiest ever songs, as she lines up female archetypes before

knocking them down over thick electronics and muddy beats. “Some girls are not like me” – truer words were never spoken. A basic bitch takedown anthem.

It really is an ANTHEM of self assurance & bravado. It's BITCHdonna at her finest. UGH :wow:

yas.gif

(at both the comment and you :wow:)

What's your point? I think I gave you grief about liking it because you were giving everyone else grief about liking MDNA and tried so hard to keep everyone from enjoying themselves during that era haha. Stop trynna make AL happen!

I do like about half that album tho for what it's worth

That's a lie. Our American Life debates happened prior to the recording of MDNA. And during the initial release hysteria I never disparaged the album to ruin the enjoyment for other members. In fact I was a defender of the least popular song on the album B-Day Song. Because I genuinely like the 60's tone of the music and the carefree intend behind the song. I prefer left-field Madonna musically above all else. Hence: Erotica and American Life being my favorite Madonna albums so far.

That's a lie. Our American Life debates happened prior to the recording of MDNA. And during the initial release hysteria I never disparaged the album to ruin the enjoyment for other members. In fact I was a defender of the least popular song on the album B-Day Song. Because I genuinely like the 60's tone of the music and the carefree intend behind the song. I prefer left-field Madonna musically above all else. Hence: Erotica and American Life being my favorite Madonna albums so far.

I don't remember any of those arguments happening pre-MDNA, I remember them very clearly during the tour in particular but ok

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, it ain't serious

I don't remember any of those arguments happening pre-MDNA, I remember them very clearly during the tour in particular...

You're not remembering clearly at all. You have not been around much. But our heated exchanges on American Life are old. Older than anything bitchy I've said about MDNA since the wait for and news of the new album.

10 recent Madonna songs that prove she hasn’t lost it

http://attitude.co.uk/10-recent-madonna-songs-prove-hasnt-lost/

1. Give It 2 Me

2. Devil Wouldn’t Recognise You

3. She’s Not Me

4. Candy Shop

5. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix)

6. I’m Addicted

7. Love Spent

8. Some Girls

9. Turn Up the Radio

10. Gang Bang

I would have changed a few of those, but it's a good list.

Here's mine:

1. Candy Shop
  2. Give It 2 Me
  3. Miles Away
  4. She's Not Me
  5. Beat Goes On
  6. I'm Addicted
  7. Some Girls
  8. Love Spent
  9. Masterpiece
  10. Falling Free

I would have changed a few of those, but it's a good list.

Here's mine:

1. Candy Shop
  2. Give It 2 Me
  3. Miles Away
  4. She's Not Me
  5. Beat Goes On
  6. I'm Addicted
  7. Some Girls
  8. Love Spent
  9. Masterpiece
  10. Falling Free

I would take Candy Shop and Miles Away from that list. Candy Shop shows clearly that Madonna should have worked a bit on the production, because the MDNA version is far superior. Miles Away is a generic song if you compare it with other gems that Madonna has released.

I don't think that Some Girls show an evolution as Madonna as artists, is a song that could have sung Rita Ora or some newbie.

I do think that Devil Wouldn't Recognize You and Beautiful Killer and Best Friend should have been on the list.

Of course, all this is about PERSONAL opinions.

Guest Pud Whacker

Only agree with Love Spent, Some Girls, and Give it 2 Me. Beat Goes On definitely belongs on the list.

Candy Shop and Celebration? :scared:

yup.

her background singing in candy shop is BEYOND phenomenal. and celebration is pure ecstasy. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

Give It 2 Me #1? :rotfl:

Ironically this miscarriage of a song actually would make me wonder if she has lost it.

Give It 2 Me is one of the greatest madonna songs in her entire career.

Guest Pud Whacker

:clap:

I like Celebration a lot. It may have been better, i guess, but summs up many things about the joy of Madonna's music. And whenever I play Celebration I dance so much. And i always sing with my full voice that "invitiation to the dance of life"

Guys, Madonna invited us to the dance of life with Everybody. Can't you understand it? She told us that life is a celebration, we shouldn't waste time, we should get up again over and over and jump and climb the tree of life and celebrate what we are!

I like Celebration a lot. It may have been better, i guess, but summs up many things about the joy of Madonna's music. And whenever I play Celebration I dance so much. And i always sing with my full voice that "invitiation to the dance of life"

Guys, Madonna invited us to the dance of life with Everybody. Can't you understand it? She told us that life is a celebration, we shouldn't waste time, we should get up again over and over and jump and climb the tree of life and celebrate what we are!

I agree that M makes this song special & amazing :yes::yes: I was addicted to it after a sample of the track was released. Another artist could have sang this track, but it probably would have sounded more generic.

I'd personally pick those 10 :

Heartbeat

Miles away

Beat goes on

Devil wouldn't recognize you

Celebration (Album Version)

Revolver

It's so cool

Gang Bang

I'm addicted

Love spent

I think Celebration is ok, but that's it. It's very generic, as is Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up The Radio. I've only listened to these songs because Madonna did them. If someone released them, I won't bother with it.